pary poker is ******* wild!

I get drawn out on so much I think it's going to make me sick! TPTK is never good to the river. Two pair doesn't even hold up as much as it shuld. I need to get my act together, or i'll have to go back to stars. I know that all I need is that good run of cards where all my TPTK and whatnots hold up. It just hasnt happened yet. How do yall deal with this!!!! :x

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend in my local group said he plays party sitngos exclusively, and that they've actually affected his live play for the worse because party is a completely different kind of poker. Hence why I'm sticking to stars and fulltilt

Long-term, their chasing is a good thing for you. Short-term, it can be frustrating. You will win fewer pots than you might expect in these types of games, but the pots that you win will be much larger than usual. I don't mean the following comments to be directed at you personally, but just as a statement in general. Sometimes TPTK does worse than it should because people don't play it as aggressively as they should. I hear comments like "Well, the turn card could have made someone a straight, and the way my luck's been running someone was bound to have it, so I just checked." It's also important to remember that if the pot is large before the flop - four or more players putting in two bets preflop - than a lot of those "no fold em" players are usually getting correct odds to chase for at least one card, and often to see the river. So while their preflop play is usually poor if they're cold calling rasies with connectors, their post-flop play may not be as bad as you think.

Long-term, their chasing is a good thing for you. Short-term, it can be frustrating. You will win fewer pots than you might expect in these types of games, but the pots that you win will be much larger than usual. I don't mean the following comments to be directed at you personally, but just as a statement in general. Sometimes TPTK does worse than it should because people don't play it as aggressively as they should. I hear comments like "Well, the turn card could have made someone a straight, and the way my luck's been running someone was bound to have it, so I just checked." It's also important to remember that if the pot is large before the flop - four or more players putting in two bets preflop - than a lot of those "no fold em" players are usually getting correct odds to chase for at least one card, and often to see the river. So while their preflop play is usually poor if they're cold calling rasies with connectors, their post-flop play may not be as bad as you think.
My favorite thing to do is raise. For the last year i've been getting the folding down...but raising just comes natural. :D
Whats different about Party Poker?
sng's are normal blinds, but starting chip count is 800
At the $30 SNGs and below. $50 SNGs and up, starting chip count is 1000.
well the people in my poker group don't have the roll to run the $50's, and from what they said, the play at the $50's is worse than the ones at the $5's.Give me my 1500 starting stacks anyday

Party poker sng's can be good and bad. You can go on good runs and bad ones. Since you only start with 800 chips, you dont have much time to build a stack and with the blinds low every one plays hands there even if you raise 8 times the big blind. You will have 3 people to see every flop. If cards are running bad, party poker will cost you quick. But if they are running good, then you can win big quick. With the amount of chasers and players there, you just have to play solid and hope for the best. I personally stopped playing there because I was getting sucked out too many times and it effected my play. That is the last thing you want to do. Since you are baffled and frustrated a bit, I suggest switching sites for a week or so. A change in atmosphere might help. Also, what are you playing on PP. If it is SNG's, I suggest playing the 2 or 3 table ones there. You start with more chips (1000) and players there knock themselves out so fast they only last about 1 hour and the pay is better and since they knock themselves out so fast you can gain chips from more players bad plays.

I've almost lost all of my bonus today...it's been bad. Sitting at a table with 2 maniacs (you know the type: bet raise anything). One raises and I have position on him so I 3 bet KTs. Flop comes K62 all offsuit. The betting is capped on the flop, turn is a 2 (betting is capped again) river is a 6 giving him a full-house!!Patience, huh. I feel like i'm getting ****ed in the *** with no KY.

I've almost lost all of my bonus today...it's been bad. Sitting at a table with 2 maniacs (you know the type: bet raise anything). One raises and I have position on him so I 3 bet KTs. Flop comes K62 all offsuit. The betting is capped on the flop, turn is a 2 (betting is capped again) river is a 6 giving him a full-house!!Patience, huh. I feel like i'm getting ****ed in the *** with no KY.
I don't enjoy playing at Party poker anymore myself. If I play online I try to keep it at UB (atleast the majority of my $). UB plays much tighter than Party, but the suckouts seem to happen less. Just my opinion, I'm sure there is a counter-argument, but play where you know you win and where your game is working.Or it may just be a bad run of cards. That happens as I'm sure we all know.- Jordan

"One raises and I have position on him so I 3 bet KTs. Flop comes K62 all offsuit. The betting is capped on the flop, turn is a 2 (betting is capped again)"Just my 2 cents but why are you 3 betting with KT suited preflop and calling a capped flop with just top pair and an average kicker. Let the maniacs be maniacs and just sit back and play solid hands.

If I play online I try to keep it at UB (atleast the majority of my $). UB plays much tighter than Party, but the suckouts seem to happen less. Just my opinion, I'm sure there is a counter-argument, but play where you know you win and where your game is working. Yeah, I like to play in tighter games where I win less money!Yay!

If I play online I try to keep it at UB (atleast the majority of my $). UB plays much tighter than Party, but the suckouts seem to happen less. Just my opinion, I'm sure there is a counter-argument, but play where you know you win and where your game is working. Yeah, I like to play in tighter games where I win less money!Yay!
Ok...I prefer UB because their SnGs are better run than party poker as well. More chips, longer blinds, etc.I don't mind loose games, but I prefer playing them live, not as much online.Happy now? Geez man.- Jordan