small satkes hold em.... revolutionary???

Well.. i ordered small stakes holdem as my 9th poker book to my collection. I am hearing everyone talk about this book like if it was another Super System. I am making my FIRST trip to a B+M cash game this Friday and want to know is this book really THAT good? I mean what does it really teach you? Please serious responses only.

Yes, it really is that good. And it teaches you small stakes hold'em. If you ever play online and see all the "fish"........yeah, it teaches you how to not play like that. It really is a must read for anyone hoping to beat small stakes limit holdem games.

It's the first book that gives a complete strategy on beating games filled with bad players, like you'll find online up to the $3/$6 limits and higher.Other well-known Hold'em texts tell you how to win against competent players, but those strategies won't maximize your winnings in a $1/$2 game at Party Poker. In fact, you'll probably end up a loser if you play as if your opponents were good.

Yes, it really is that good. And it teaches you small stakes hold'em. If you ever play online and see all the "fish"........yeah, it teaches you how to not play like that. It really is a must read for anyone hoping to beat small stakes limit holdem games.
You don't have to read it to beat small stakes hold'em,but why walk into a fight with a good right hook,when you can walk in with a glock?

Friday and want to know is this book really THAT good?It's much better than that.It's the foundation for playing in any loose game at any limit.That said, it's not perfect, and you'll need to learn to bluff raise draws on the turn against people capable of laying TP down.You won't run into many of them untill at least 20/40 live though.

Does it have a hand chart....like at the begining of the t.v. poker shows? Even after watching all of them I still can never remember if a straight beats a flush or not.
No. Buy a deck of cards if you don't know the hand rankings. I think bicycle brand come with a ranking card.I really hope you left off an (sw) somewhere.

im not sure ull fully understand the concepts of sshe by friday...id focus most on playing the right hands in the right places...post flop is a lot of instinct so that can wait a little longer

Since SS1 is your basis for how good a poker book is:It's about 20 times better than SS1.
Yeah, SS2 didn't really rock my socks either. The limit section was alright, other than that, I was underwhelmed.

Wow.. all these replies with no insults... damn..anyway back to the topic... This book teaches how to play in a 1-2 NLHE ring game as well? I looked at the authors and i found hold em poker for advanced players very helpful( probably the most educational of my bunch).

Another question, the buy in is 1-2 NLHE 60 min 300 max.. and im planning on bringing 200 with me.. how should i use it.. im mean buy in for the minimum and then if i get a bad beat or suckout out buy in for the 140 left? How should i divide it?

Another question, the buy in is 1-2 NLHE 60 min 300 max.. and im planning on bringing 200 with me.. how should i use it.. im mean buy in for the minimum and then if i get a bad beat or suckout out buy in for the 140 left? How should i divide it?
It has nothing to do with NL.And if that's all you have, which isn't good... but I would buy in for all of it.

I was thinking of buying in for all of it but if i get beat by like a 5 outer, im done. But if i buy in for the min or even 100 bucks i still have andother round to go. Does anyone agree with me?Whats the ideal amount to buy in then?

What's the complete title and author of the book so I take a look at it?
Small Stakes Hold'em'Winning Big with Expert Play'By: Ed Miller, David Sklansky, and Mason Malmuth
I was thinking of buying in for all of it but if i get beat by like a 5 outer, im done. But if i buy in for the min or even 100 bucks i still have andother round to go. Does anyone agree with me?Whats the ideal amount to buy in then?
Buy in for the most you can. You want to be able to get the most out of your big hands. If you only have 100 the most you can win is 100. Sure you can be beat by a 5 outter and etc, but more often than not you will win those hands.
Does it have a hand chart....like at the begining of the t.v. poker shows? Even after watching all of them I still can never remember if a straight beats a flush or not.
No. Buy a deck of cards if you don't know the hand rankings. I think bicycle brand come with a ranking card.I really hope you left off an (sw) somewhere.
I have no idea if he is serious either, sounds like it though as it is a weird place for that comment.Anyway, for those of you who did not learn poker in the cradle liek some of us (i.e. very young anyway), one of the CardPlayer videos from the wsop had an interview with James Woods. I don't recall how he got into this, but he revealed a method to remember the order of some hands for those who for some reason can't quite get it.San Francisco Bay. SFB. Straight, Flush, Boat (i.e. full house). Now they still need to remember that a Full House is the highest hand of the 3....

Good book. Tough to put into action though. It is tough for me to fold a lot of hands in 1 2.I'm too into the action. Tough for me to be patient in 1 2. That's just me.

sshe has nothing to do with NL...so you won't need it for the weekend..and if all you can take is 300 to the table, and no more then don't play NL ..you will play scared and probably won't make the right moves when needed.I suggest you go get small stakes holdem, read it, then play limit..you'll last a lot longer. ...good luck

You don't have to read it to beat small stakes hold'em,but why walk into a fight with a good right hook,when you can walk in with a glock?
One of the best responses I've seen yet....well put :clap:
Since SS1 is your basis for how good a poker book is:It's about 20 times better than SS1.
I think it might be better to say that SS1 is an inch deep and a mile wide in poker knowledge while SSHE is an inch wide and a mile deep. I just hate to compare the two since their purposes are much different.SS1 is not bad... it just isn't able to provide much in depth information on any one type of game because it is covering so many types of games.SSHE is bar none the best out there for crushing small stakes limit games. For NL, higher limits, or other games, you need to turn to other literature, and SS1 isn't a bad option.