• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to jump in here and pick a fight, and I am by no means an apologist for Smash, but I am confused as to why people are jumping on him for this "challenge". I can understand people being mad at him for a lot of things he says, but not really this. Maybe I have something mixed up, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:1) Ottawa challenges Smash to 2k match in Boston. Smash accepts, Ottawa decides that it wouldn't make sense for him. Ok.2) Ottawa offers to play elsewhere. Smash says make it 50k so it is worth my while. Ottawa's best offer was 27k, half of what Smash said.Under these circumstances, I don't see how Smash gets the bad rap on this one. Not saying I don't understand where Ottawa is coming from with trying to renegotiate after he realized he made an error in judgement, but not once did I see Smash back down from a challenge he accepted, yet he comes out looking like the bad guy? Like I said, feel free to correct me where I am wrong, I can definitely make mistakes.

If Ottawa said ok for 50k smash would find another reason, i'm not taking sides but i've seen alot of challenges made to smash and he always finds a reason for it not to happen, maybe he hit on one guy that would really play him this time but he finds a reason for it not to be worth it to him.I didn't even know they had poker tables in aeroports these days.It's easier to make a challenge to DN, smash has more requests then a PMS'ing madonna on tour. He would probly want his M&M's seperated by color and his water bottles chilled to an exact temperature...lol

If Ottawa said ok for 50k smash would find another reason, i'm not taking sides but i've seen alot of challenges made to smash and he always finds a reason for it not to happen,No you haven't.Link some.

It's funny now how 2 people have both offered to give their addresses to Smash, yet he still declines the offer. He sure talks a lot....What's funny is that you can't make to the Boston airport to play./shrug.I'm not travelling.
Screw you Smash...I have had it with you.....I challenge you to set of matches:50k HU limit Holdem50k HU PLO50K NL Holdem50k member measuring contest.50k hot dog eating contest.50k fight to the death with kitchen Knives as weapons.Time to put up or shut up.
i'll throw $1k to the prize pool if you change the 50k kitchen knife fight to a 50k spork fight. $500 for butter knives.

i just want to say..i don't care about neverwin...i don't care about smashbut i always knew SOwhatkid was a complete idiot ever since his "anyone who reads sklansky sucks at poker" rant.This thread confirms it.way to go, kid.

Like you smash it's not worth my time to search for links bro. I really do have respect for your poker knowledge, i remember back when your 50-1000 posts even help make my game a little better, but somewhere along the way you became another guy, maybe it was when DN personally asked you not to leave the forum (BTW i was one of the guys that wanted you to stay then) that made you feel godly.But i see your way of seeing these challenges, to alot of people on here your someone special and if you were to accept a challenge from anybody be it for $50 or $50000 you would have alot more to lose then just the money. I'm talking to you as a human being here, not being an a$$, i'm sure the replies i'll get will be in the die, you suck, hope your mother goes blind category, but it's ok.

Like you smash it's not worth my time to search for links bro. I really do have respect for your poker knowledge, i remember back when your 50-1000 posts even help make my game a little better, but somewhere along the way you became another guy, maybe it was when DN personally asked you not to leave the forum (BTW i was one of the guys that wanted you to stay then) that made you feel godly.But i see your way of seeing these challenges, to alot of people on here your someone special and if you were to accept a challenge from anybody be it for $50 or $50000 you would have alot more to lose then just the money. I'm talking to you as a human being here, not being an a$$, i'm sure the replies i'll get will be in the die, you suck, hope your mother goes blind category, but it's ok.
I will reply to this, but I see no reason to disrespect anybody. I agree with a lot of what you say here. There are a number of people on this forum who respect Smash's poker knowledge but don't really care for his methods, and he definitely would hear it from a lot of people if he were to lose a challenge like this.That being said, I still have yet to see evidence of Smash ever backing out of a challenge. IMO, someone has backed out of a challenge if one of the following occurs:1) They issue a honest challenge, it is accepted, and they refuse to honour the challenge.2) They accept someone elses challenge, and back away from the original challenge later.As a sidenote to both of these, I feel it is obvious that the stakes cannot change after the person has accepted, as this is now a new challenge. I don't feel someone is backing out if the other person changes something. As I said, I could very well be wrong here, and like I said before I feel no need to fight Smash's battle, I just find it strange that he is being ripped for this particular instance.
Where is this Danny N Post?Could somebody link it? I am lazy.As for these challenges......none of these challenges have ever been very serious...really...It is not hard to just find a place and set it up.If Smash Has backed down before and blown smoke on a SERIOUS offer...then I would be surprised....personally...i would like to see evidence of these instances of Smash backing down from a REAL offer to play.

I just think this might be a legit thing, i live around the Ottawa area, don't know all the poker players in the area but i know that there are some good ones with good bankrolls and giant egos...lolsmash didn't want to drive a few hours for 2k, would he be willing to if the 27k was legit?? maybe 27k is still chicken feed to smash and not worth his time, seems like alot to me for a 5hr drive and a day of playing poker...lolI'm not taking any sides, i don't know Ott Biatch, like i said i know alot of Ottawa area players think they're poker gods, there is even a website (that i don't read...lol) for the Ottawa poker scene.Maybe if the guys started negotiating on stakes and other details (time, place....) the thing could really happen. I always thought big league poker players lived for these kind of things...lol

he has never "backed" down that i have ever witnessed..these " you suck i rule" matches never happen.they are an 8-15 page thread that are a waste of space...i'm not blaming smash for this, this is just the way things happen alot of fuel to the fire early on then everybody walks on tip toes hoping to avoid following through...from now on when these " challenges" are handed down the reply from fcp should be put up or shut up and be banished...

Where is this Danny N Post?Could somebody link it? I am lazy.As for these challenges......none of these challenges have ever been very serious...really...It is not hard to just find a place and set it up.If Smash Has backed down before and blown smoke on a SERIOUS offer...then I would be surprised....personally...i would like to see evidence of these instances of Smash backing down from a REAL offer to play.
Here i looked for a link just so you don't think i'm pulling everything out my azz :club:http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...2567&highlight=
Well Smash, it looks to me like you have quite the following here at the forum and I think it would be a shame to see you leave over something that I can personally put a stop to. I can't keep up with every thread and post obviously but I have Jayson Weber here to help me "weed out" bad apples and posts that are in bad taste in general. If you feel as though someone has been flaming you, you should notify Jayson and we WILL handle it. It's your decision to stay or leave, but I would like to tell you personally that I'd hate to see you go especially over something we can help you with. It's my goal, no morso my absolute DEMAND that people at this site treat each other with respect. If they don't comply their posts will be deleted and if that doesn't work they will be banned from posting.
Welcome back Smash, look forward to reading your future adventures.

We did a little perusing of Ottawa_Biatch's message history and well, http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...0404&highlight=I started with a $75 and now I have about a $130 bankroll. Right now I am playing 5 sng's,http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...3098&highlight=$3 tourneyhttp://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...3005&highlight=My Bankroll is 50 dollarsWith this insurmountable evidence that Ottawa_Biatch is most likely a low stakes player, I have tremendous doubt that he/she/fatchick/smalldude will be able to put up 27k. For all the Smash flamers, please do not forget that he accepted the initial challenge because Ottawa_Biatch said that he/she/fatchick/smalldude would come to Boston and face him. Because Smash is not wanting to go to NY does not mean he is backing out-the terms of the agreement were changed.And yes, I've seen his penis. It really is that big.

We did a little perusing of Ottawa_Biatch's message history and well' date=' http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...0404&highlight=I started with a $75 and now I have about a $130 bankroll. Right now I am playing 5 sng's,http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...3098&highlight=$3 tourneyhttp://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...3005&highlight=My Bankroll is 50 dollarsWith this insurmountable evidence that Ottawa_Biatch is most likely a low stakes player, I have tremendous doubt that he/she/fatchick/smalldude will be able to put up 27k. For all the Smash flamers, please do not forget that he accepted the initial challenge because Ottawa_Biatch said that he/she/fatchick/smalldude would come to Boston and face him. Because Smash is not wanting to go to NY does not mean he is backing out-the terms of the agreement were changed.And yes, I've seen his penis. It really is that big.[/quote]i second that...i mean smash is a good poker player :oops:

Nice work Marion....well actually I posted that picture in response to Ottawa trying to talk big when everyone here knew he was full of shit. These high schools types always try to talk smack because they are sitting in front of a computer and are too big of cowards to ever face up to anything they say.

Nice work Marion....well actually I posted that picture in response to Ottawa trying to talk big when everyone here knew he was full of shit. These high schools types always try to talk smack because they are sitting in front of a computer and are too big of cowards to ever face up to anything they say.
Yeah unfortunately the some of the very smart posters at FCP don't realize that, and blame Smash for Ottawa's shortcomings. It really, really is that big though.
We did a little perusing of Ottawa_Biatch's message history and well, http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...0404&highlight=I started with a $75 and now I have about a $130 bankroll. Right now I am playing 5 sng's,http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...3098&highlight=$3 tourneyhttp://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...3005&highlight=My Bankroll is 50 dollarsWith this insurmountable evidence that Ottawa_Biatch is most likely a low stakes player, I have tremendous doubt that he/she/fatchick/smalldude will be able to put up 27k. For all the Smash flamers, please do not forget that he accepted the initial challenge because Ottawa_Biatch said that he/she/fatchick/smalldude would come to Boston and face him. Because Smash is not wanting to go to NY does not mean he is backing out-the terms of the agreement were changed.And yes, I've seen his penis. It really is that big.
God i just hope your a woman MarionSauce...lol...Not that i have anything against gays, it's legal up here for them the get married...lolOK then i stand corrected maybe the Ott Biatch guy is one of the Ottawa guys that thinks he's all that with his $50 bankroll and not one of the real players that i was talking about...lol
We did a little perusing of Ottawa_Biatch's message history and well' date=' http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...0404&highlight=I started with a $75 and now I have about a $130 bankroll. Right now I am playing 5 sng's' date='[/b']http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...3098&highlight=$3 tourneyhttp://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...3005&highlight=My Bankroll is 50 dollarsWith this insurmountable evidence that Ottawa_Biatch is most likely a low stakes player, I have tremendous doubt that he/she/fatchick/smalldude will be able to put up 27k.
Wait, you mean you don't think 50 dollar bankrolls can be turned into over 27k in a very short time by 18 year old punks?

God i just hope your a woman MarionSauce...lol...Not that i have anything against gays, it's legal up here for them the get married...lolSince you are probably a newbie with 88 posts, I will inform you that I am in fact an 19 year old asian female university student. The Darth outfit at the moment is to ward off stalkers like iveyfan80. Really, how many restraining orders do I have to put on this guy!

God i just hope your a woman MarionSauce...lol...Not that i have anything against gays, it's legal up here for them the get married...lolSince you are probably a newbie with 88 posts, I will inform you that I am in fact an 19 year old asian female university student. The Darth outfit at the moment is to ward off stalkers like iveyfan80. Really, how many restraining orders do I have to put on this guy!
well 80....lol

Actually i joined the forum exactly 1 day after you Marion, just haven't posted much because most threads in the general section (the only one i look at) are just people flaming each other for no reason and i get tired of it and stop coming around for months at a time.

Actually i joined the forum exactly 1 day after you Marion, just haven't posted much because most threads in the general section (the only one i look at) are just people flaming each other for no reason and i get tired of it and stop coming around for months at a time.
come on man, quiters never win...lol