going to vegas in a week, have a question or two

Im going to vegas in a week, as the thread's title would suggest. It's my first time going to vegas - anything i should know and/or look out for?I want to know if there are any places where i'd be likely to spot name pro's playing. Say, in the bellagio, would all of the high stakes games be done behind closed doors? Does DN frequent the poker room at the Wynn, or is most of his work done behind closed doors? Are there any big buy in tournaments coming up that i'd be able to drop in and check out? If anyone wants to play some 2/4 through 5/10 from the 7th through the 12th, let me know.

It's my first time going to vegas - anything i should know and/or look out for? The 100,000,000 mexicans handing out hooker fliers will gut you for a nickel if no one else is around.

It's my first time going to vegas - anything i should know and/or look out for? The 100,000,000 mexicans handing out hooker fliers will gut you for a nickel if no one else is around.
that's the classy part of vegas

I am going to vegas also.. 7-12 staying at the NYNY..it is my 6th ot 7th trip..just have fun and explore.just ask anyone where the big games are usually bellagio..and perhaps some at the WYNN now. hit freemont street see old vegas.... rent a ferari and get a few soeeding tickets...prostution is legal...LOLhave fun..see ya in a poker room perhapsKen

for low limit poker go downtown.......3 rooms all within 2 mins of each other........ the GN plaza and binions....and playing poker at binions is awesome.......it just feels like a poker room.......also........the glitter gulch says free topless party... if u go in you have to buy 2 drinks........$9 each.........and a lapdance is $35..............but the pros go to the ballagio and the big game room is kinda closed off but you can look in..........its the room with all the big name pictures in it........i guess they needed an ego boost? the mirage and the wynn might also be a good place. if you are looking for stud just go to AC cause stud is dead in vegas........unless you go to sams town........about 15 mins away from the strip.........

Ha, man they are everywhere. And they will always slap the fliers against their hand before they try to hand them to you. The advice I would give you is to actually avoid the big places to play, such as Mirage and Bellagio. There are so many smaller poker rooms around that have no quality players, you are better off trying to make some money at those places. Avoid the slot machines. Always tip your cocktail waitress. And go check out the MGM Grand poker room, it is very nice, of course, I haven't seen the Wynn's yet either....

If you like lower buy-in No Limit HE, (1-2 blinds), there is a great game Bally's. SImilar games are held at Aladdin and Mandalay Bay. If you want to play a 2-5 NL game, head over to MGM or Mirage. Anything bigger than that, you'll have to play at Bellagio or Wynn. There is a good NL tourney at the Sahara 3 times a day. $42 buy-in with 1 $20 re-buy.The Mirage has even better tourneys if you want to drop between $125 and $400. I've lived here for a year now, feel free to PM me if you have any more specific questions.

if you are looking for stud just go to AC cause stud is dead in vegas.
Yeah, where i come from there arent any 7 card stud games either - and i was shocked to see how popular it was in AC when i went a month ago.To be honest, i felt those games were easier to beat despite the fact that - well, i'd never even played 7 card stud before.
There is a good NL tourney at the Sahara 3 times a day. $42 buy-in with 1 $20 re-buy.
Should i take that to mean that hte registration fee is $22? That's terrible, if it is. Maybe im just spoiled with all the 10% registration fee's online.
  • 2 weeks later...
if you are looking for stud just go to AC cause stud is dead in vegas.
Yeah, where i come from there arent any 7 card stud games either - and i was shocked to see how popular it was in AC when i went a month ago.To be honest, i felt those games were easier to beat despite the fact that - well, i'd never even played 7 card stud before.
There is a good NL tourney at the Sahara 3 times a day. $42 buy-in with 1 $20 re-buy.
Should i take that to mean that hte registration fee is $22? That's terrible, if it is. Maybe im just spoiled with all the 10% registration fee's online.
hehe no - $40 tourny, 2 dollar entry fee.