busted by the pros

Man what is up this week, the other night I get busted by moneymaker in the online tourney. So tonight I go to play a live tournament at the bike, and I get moved with my short stack to Men the masters table. Sure enough I push with my pocket pair, only to be busted by his AJ (he had a HUGE stack when I checked back in later).On a side note, I don't know if any of you are planning to play these tournaments at the bike or not, but from what went on tonight I probably won't bother other than possibly playing the main event where the structure will be much better.The first problem was that they did not have enough staff working the line to get the players registered prior to the start of the tournament. The second problem is that they only started players out with $800 in chips (5/15 blinds, and half hour levels). This structure is perfectly fine for $25/$50 buyin events, but in my opinion it is horrible for a $230 buyin event. If I am paying this type of money I want to feel like I had some meneuverability, other than just pushing in with my first good hand.To top things off when I arrived at my table there were only two guys playing heads up, as all of the other players were still in line. I adjusted my play accordingly, and tried to play any hand that looked half decent, which is a crazy thing to have to do with such a short stack of chips. A few minutes later another gentlemen pulls up a char. He calls the big blind as do I with (10 7). The flop comes 89J, and he bets out $150, I reraise to $450 ( since there was a flush draw), and he moves in turning over 89. After doubling up our table filled, so I could be more selective about starting hands, but I still felt like I was short stacked, and really did not pick up another sizeable pot for the next hour and a half until I was knocked out. To double up on one of the first hands of the tourney only to continue to feel like you are short on chips is completely rediculious.

I've been watching the stars 25K guaranteed final 3 tables until the final table, and this is the only thing you've been talking about. "HEY GUYS, I GOT BUSTED BY MEN THE MASTER TONIGHT"You've said it at every table like five times. What's the big deal with this?

I've been watching the stars 25K guaranteed final 3 tables until the final table, and this is the only thing you've been talking about.  "HEY GUYS, I GOT BUSTED BY MEN THE MASTER TONIGHT"You've said it at every table like five times.
that's funny, although i would too
I've been watching the stars 25K guaranteed final 3 tables until the final table, and this is the only thing you've been talking about.  "HEY GUYS, I GOT BUSTED BY MEN THE MASTER TONIGHT"You've said it at every table like five times. What's the big deal with this?
If you would pull your head out, someone asked me how I did in the tourney.

By the way even though cardcore probably doesn't give a crap, I must actually be a good luck charm for these guys. Just like moneymaker men the master went on to win the tournament. Men got the better end of the deal by taking down 42K while money only got 11K.Daniel, if you would like to buy my entry fee into every event that you play, I am sure that I can end up having you bust me too.

LA Poker is a fish!
Yep, Salmon at least thats what it feels like this week. Actually the play against money was probably the worst play I have ever made, but against men I really had no choice.