need computer help with online poker fraud

hello everyone. any help or ideas would be appreciated.so my brother opens his fulltilt account today to realize it is like 90 dollars shorter than its supposed to be. he emails them, and they eventually send him a tournament history which shows that someone was playing headsup tournament on his accoutn from like 3am to like 11am this morning. they played a bunch of 50 and 30 and 20 dollar ones and actually won money. full tilt did not email any cash games results, but my bro thinks that is where they lost the money. anyway, only me and like two friends know his name and password, and we all are college graduates who have jobs, make plenty of money, and are good friends, so i doubt it was one of us. also we have mcaffee firewall so i doubt they actually hacked into our computer to get hispassword.we have asked fulltilt to find the IP or location of the computer that was logged on for these tournaments. this email was sent just a half hour ago.any way we can investigate this thing on our own, or any ideas about what we can be doing while waiting on fulltilt to check into this?tx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello everyone. any help or ideas would be appreciated.so my brother opens his fulltilt account today to realize it is like 90 dollars shorter than its supposed to be. he emails them, and they eventually send him a tournament history which shows that someone was playing headsup tournament on his accoutn from like 3am to like 11am this morning. they played a bunch of 50 and 30 and 20 dollar ones and actually won money. full tilt did not email any cash games results, but my bro thinks that is where they lost the money. anyway, only me and like two friends know his name and password, and we all are college graduates who have jobs, make plenty of money, and are good friends, so i doubt it was one of us. also we have mcaffee firewall so i doubt they actually hacked into our computer to get hispassword.we have asked fulltilt to find the IP or location of the computer that was logged on for these tournaments. this email was sent just a half hour ago.any way we can investigate this thing on our own, or any ideas about what we can be doing while waiting on fulltilt to check into this?tx

dude they know bc weve played at their house and watched together on a sunday during football. were all aournd 30 years old with jobs making plenty of money. it aint them. maybe their computer was hacked? they got pretty hitech laptops though

tx for the help or advice. i forgot most of you are probably teenagers whose friends really would do something like this. for the most part, adults do not.

dude they know bc weve played at their house and watched together on a sunday during football. were all aournd 30 years old with jobs making plenty of money. it aint them. maybe their computer was hacked? they got pretty hitech laptops though
No-one knows my password, I've never been hacked.Multiple people know his password, he's never been hacked."When you hear the beating of hooves think horses not unicorns."

also if u read my story clearly it says that the activity in the account occured from 3am to 11am wednesday. the two people that do know the info have 9-5 jobs that i would think would prevent them from playing at these hours

Just get the IP from FullTilt, run a whois on it, fake a letter to the ISP claiming a subpoena for the IP's contact information / address...and find out if it really was your friend. if it wasn't, go kick his ass, take his money and slash his car tires. If it was a friend, piss in his coffee machine, shit on his sink and THEN take his money.

also we have mcaffee firewall so i doubt they actually hacked into our computer to get hispassword.
I would feel safe :roll: I dont get why someone would hack into someone's account and play to win?

also like was stated before get as much info as you can from full tilt.Like the ip address of login.also, I know this sounds obvious and im unfamiliar with the fulltilt software, check your transfer history if its that simple.

Get your brother to log into the account and pull out any money in there like NOW!!!Then open another account and keep his password to himself.You know if you start raising a big stink with the site they just might freeze all activity on the account and then you might have to jump through hoops, send them all kinds of personal info to try and proove your who you say you are, feck they might even make you take a DNA test for all i know...lolIf you want an example of how a site can run you around to proove who you are just read this guys blog ---> http://dnapoker.blogspot.com/

Why would anyone hack into your account and then spend 8 hours trying to make u money? What was he gonna do then? Have a check sent to you and then break into your mailbox, steal the check and forge your signature? Or, was he gonna just transfer the hard earned dough into his own account and hope you didn't notice any activity? C'mon buddy...c'mon buddy! Be honest with yourself! One of your friends did it or, at the very least, allowed a third party to see the password and that person did it. Friends can be shady when it comes to money...accept it and move on.

tx for the help or advice. i forgot most of you are probably teenagers whose friends really would do something like this. for the most part, adults do not.
You are perhaps the most naive person I have ever met in my life.I'll tell you what I do for a living.Computer security....enforcing it, tracking it, and, most importantly, making recommendations to the end user.The bottom line is, no matter how much technology you put in place, FULL responsibility goes to the end user, and that includes the very simple task of NOT telling anyone your password, AND, not having a password that is simple to guess.I highly doubt this person's laptop/computer has been hacked, nor do I believe FullTilt's database was hacked.There are three large possibilities:1. It was you2. It was your friends3. You or your friends, accidentally or intentionally, told someone else the passwordAnother two less likely possibilities include:1. Someone online decided they don't like your brother and managed to guess his password because it's the same as his User ID, or it's his dog's name, or something like that.2. Your brother, or friends, logged on to a computer, and it remembers the password, and then someone else has used that computer, with the ID and password already entered Here's the bottom line...80% of all hacking in the corporate world is done from INSIDE the company. It's no different anywhere else....an inside job is the most likely scenario - and I don't care how much you trust your friends.I guarantee you that if one person knows your password, 20 people do.As far as the fact that they are "adults".I'm older than you and your friends, and I see this activity performed by other adults (also supposed friends) every day. I see executives, with 7 figure incomes and multiple university degrees, share their passwords with other executives with university degrees, and I see those other intelligent adults, who are their friends, engage in corporate espionage with their new information.The fact that they work 9-5 is irrelevent.The whole "fraud" bit doesn't make sense.Someone hacked into your brothers account, randomly, and tried to make him money????Give your head a shake.It's very simple...Full Tilt will be able to give you the IP of the person playing those hours...then, in about 35 seconds, you can check your friends' home and work PC's to see the source. They will also be able to determine any transfer information on the money.Are you perhaps going through this roundabout way to learn about hacking possibilities so you can give your brother some viable technical explanation, to take heat off the fact that it was you who used his account without his permission?
only me and like two friends know his name and password, and we all are college graduates who have jobs, make plenty of money, and are good friends, so i doubt it was one of us.
also we have mcaffee firewall so i doubt they actually hacked into our computer to get hispassword.
i forgot most of you are probably teenagers whose friends really would do something like this. for the most part, adults do not.
also if u read my story clearly it says that the activity in the account occured from 3am to 11am wednesday. the two people that do know the info have 9-5 jobs that i would think would prevent them from playing at these hours
na·ive or na·ïve ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-v, nä-) also na·if or na·ïf (n-f, nä)adj.
  • 1 Lacking worldly experience and understanding, especially:
    • a Simple and guileless; artless: a child with a naive charm. bUnsuspecting or credulous: “Students, often bright but naive, bet and lose substantial sums of money on sporting events” (Tim Layden).
      • 2 Showing or characterized by a lack of sophistication and critical judgment: “this extravagance of metaphors, with its naive bombast” (H.L. Mencken). 3
        • a Not previously subjected to experiments: testing naive mice. b Not having previously taken or received a particular drug: persons
          • naive to marijuana. 4 dscoot
            • You still believe in the Easter Bunny don't you?Bless
You still believe in the Easter Bunny don't you?
You mean he's not real?! But.. but, look at Smash's avatar!