I forgot to tell you about this funny cash game that I played during the WSOP at the Rio so here it is:It was about 1:00 in the morning. My buddy I were playing a no limit game at the rio, when this dude walked up and sat down. He must have been related to Arnold Shwartzenager (spelling), because he looked and talked exactly like him. Anyway, a few minutes later this drunk irish dude sits down (I know what a strange sight, a drunk Irish dude). As it turns out the drunk Irish dude couldn't stand Shwartzenager, so he kept giving him crap about how he played. Shwartzenegar had a tendency to want to bluff alot, and I was worried for my buddy as the two of them got locked up in a big pot. At the end of the hand my buddies two pair looked like it might have gone down when a straight possibility hit the board. Shwarzenegar immidiately puts $300 in the middle. As my buddy is trying to figure out if he is beat or not the Irish dude starts needling Shwartzenegar, as Shawartzengars face starts to turn red, my buddy realizes that he is full of crap, so instead of just calling he says ALL IN (pushing an additional $500 in the middle), upon which Shwartzenegar tosses his cards in the muck and begins cussing out the Irish dude.The Irish dude turns to my buddy and says give me just one chip, one chip so that I can remember this moment for the rest of my life.

:club:  did he get his chip?
Ya my buddy tossed him a $1 chip. I laughed for about a half an hour later, when shwartzenegar walked back up to collect his things I busted up again, as they started cussing at eachother. I can't stop thinking about the Irish dude yelling "He's Bluffing, He's Bluffing his a.. off, CALL CALL CALL!
lol, thats a great story. did he say "i'll be back?"
Actually now that you say it he did, but I didn't realize the humore in it, because he said, I'll be back when this as.hole is not here.

if your buddy knew he was bluffing.. why go all in? he's only getting called there if he isn't bluffing.. so it doesn't seem like the all in bet there is +EV... calling would still win the pot if he's bluffing.. but then again.. i don't know anything anymore.. god damn downswing

funny story, but I would have called the floor on the Irish guy if I was the Arnold-clone. Not that it would have helped much.

I forgot to tell you about this funny cash game that I played during the WSOP at the Rio so here it is:It was about 1:00 in the morning. My buddy I were playing a no limit game at the rio, when this dude walked up and sat down. He must have been related to Arnold Shwartzenager (spelling), because he looked and talked exactly like him. Anyway, a few minutes later this drunk irish dude sits down (I know what a strange sight, a drunk Irish dude). As it turns out the drunk Irish dude couldn't stand Shwartzenager, so he kept giving him crap about how he played. Shwartzenegar had a tendency to want to bluff alot, and I was worried for my buddy as the two of them got locked up in a big pot. At the end of the hand my buddies two pair looked like it might have gone down when a straight possibility hit the board. Shwarzenegar immidiately puts $300 in the middle. As my buddy is trying to figure out if he is beat or not the Irish dude starts needling Shwartzenegar, as Shawartzengars face starts to turn red, my buddy realizes that he is full of crap, so instead of just calling he says ALL IN (pushing an additional $500 in the middle), upon which Shwartzenegar tosses his cards in the muck and begins cussing out the Irish dude.The Irish dude turns to my buddy and says give me just one chip, one chip so that I can remember this moment for the rest of my life.
Obviously this "Schwarzenegger" guy wasnt as BIG as Arnold because drunk Irishmen are not that stupid.
if your buddy knew he was bluffing.. why go all in? he's only getting called there if he isn't bluffing.. so it doesn't seem like the all in bet there is +EV... calling would still win the pot if he's bluffing.. but then again.. i don't know anything anymore.. god damn downswing
you're actually correct. the story is still great though.
Funny story though.maybe top pair pays?Weak game I guess.BPV is right.
you're actually correct. the story is still great though.
I thought my buddy was CRAZY to push rather than call, but who am I to judge he trusts his reads and makes $500 to $1,000 almost every night that we play. Oh and yes the drunk irish dude was so far out of line its not even funny, well ya it was funny, but that is besides the point. He's bluffing call him, lmao.