moneymaker busted me ;/

nothing like playing a rebuy tournament for nearly 5 hours that pays $12,000 for first only to get knocked out 42nd by Chris MoneymakerOh well, $155 from $11, ill take it.http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=vi...view&hand=94211least he said sorry :?
Hi. Just skimmed thru your blog. Good luck, hope you meet your 5k goal. How many hours per week are you averaging playing, would you say?
Why is moneymaker playing that tourney in the first place? Is he that broke already?
I am sure there is something in his contract that says he has to play x amount of hours. There at the final table and he is the chip leader. Just saw him bust someones who had KK, chris had AQ flop came AJ10, turn was another ace, and river was a rag. Funny to watch because there are like 100 plus people heckling him thou he turns chat off.

Yeah, what a bunch of clowns in there in the observer chat. I'm sure he's obligated to play there some, otherwise I don't know why he'd ever play there. I'm sure he turns chat off, but they should have support in there banning peoples chat left and right.

Any railbird that feels like they have to sit and harass pros while they play is a complete douchebag. The other night Perry Friedman was at my table on Full Tilt, and there were dozens of railbirds hounding him. Some asked good questions and received good responses, while other people were just typing things in like "You're ugly", "You suck", or "I slept with your mom last night." He handled it with a lot of class and dignity though (more than I could), especially on the last comment, where he responded "Dad?". Cracked me up. Regardless, railbirds are lame. Pet peeve of mine.

I always hate it when all 4 aces are gone because you're always denying that they have the remaining two.
Money went in preflop...don't you feel you overplayed AQ a bit there?
Yea hindsight I way overplayed my AQ. I thought he was doing a blind defense and trying to make a move. The only thing that makes me feel any better is With that Flop A44 I would have had all my money in on the flop regardless and the result would have been the same. I should have just called his reraise, but hey sometimes after nearly 5 hours of playing we dont always make the best decisions.at least he was able to use my chips to go on and win the full $12000
nothing like playing a rebuy tournament for nearly 5 hours that pays $12,000 for first only to get knocked out 42nd by Chris MoneymakerOh well, $155 from $11, ill take it.http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=vi...view&hand=94211least he said sorry  :?
Hi. Just skimmed thru your blog. Good luck, hope you meet your 5k goal. How many hours per week are you averaging playing, would you say?
Thanks man, I probably play on the average 2 hours a day, but usually multi-tabling so that can equate to 6 - 10 table hours every day. I am right at the halfway mark on my $50 to $5000 goal. The hard part SHOULD be over which was grinding at the $0.25 tables. $2500 to go in 5 months should be doable.
Any railbird that feels like they have to sit and harass pros while they play is a complete douchebag.
Happens with anybody even moderately famous, not just pros. Wil Wheaton - nice guy and decent player, but hardly a high stakes pro - subbed for Tom McEvoy in the weekly headsup challenge last Sunday, and had a fantastic match with Noah Boeken. Went just over an hour - which must be close to a record for those matches - with both guys making some fantastic plays. And yet all the railbird spam was moldy old Star Trek jokes.Eh, what can you do, it's the internet.
nothing like playing a rebuy tournament for nearly 5 hours that pays $12,000 for first only to get knocked out 42nd by Chris MoneymakerOh well, $155 from $11, ill take it.http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=vi...view&hand=94211least he said sorry  :?
Thanks man, I probably play on the average 2 hours a day, but usually multi-tabling so that can equate to 6 - 10 table hours every day. I am right at the halfway mark on my $50 to $5000 goal. The hard part SHOULD be over which was grinding at the $0.25 tables. $2500 to go in 5 months should be doable.
No problem, dna. I'll be following your blog, as you're adventure continues. If you won this MTT, would you consider your goal reached?The reason I asked how much you play is that I thought your sights might be too low. Now that I know how little you play per day, I think you set a realistic number for yourself.
If you won this MTT, would you consider your goal reached?
Yes once (if) I hit $5000 this 'challenge' is over and I will then start a new one. If I hit $5000 this year I plan to take out $2000, leaving a $3000 bankroll for $5/$10 and a new challenge of turning $3000 into $15,000.
Any railbird that feels like they have to sit and harass pros while they play is a complete douchebag.
Happens with anybody even moderately famous, not just pros. Wil Wheaton - nice guy and decent player, but hardly a high stakes pro - subbed for Tom McEvoy in the weekly headsup challenge last Sunday, and had a fantastic match with Noah Boeken. Went just over an hour - which must be close to a record for those matches - with both guys making some fantastic plays. And yet all the railbird spam was moldy old Star Trek jokes.Eh, what can you do, it's the internet.
I hear ya, but it still doesn't mean that they aren't douchebags.

Wow, Moneymaker had the best hand when the money went in and both times, his hand held up.He must have that special switch that's reserved for Pokerstars WSOP winners that turns off the typical PS bad beat on the river.

Wow, Moneymaker had the best hand when the money went in and both times, his hand held up.He must have that special switch that's reserved for Pokerstars WSOP winners that turns off the typical PS bad beat on the river.
Actually, its funny that you mention that, because in my hand I had AJ vs his AK, and flopped a J only to see him turn the K. In looking back on it, I obviously wayyyyyy overplayed my hand. I figured that he is the type of player that would likely reraise the button with any ace, or pocket pair, so I was likely to be a coin flip or well ahead. Had it been someone else in the big blind I would have either just called his reraise or mucked, but I thought that it was important not to let him "control" the table, and push me around, but I obviously could have picked a better spot. I do not remember ever overplaying a hand like that just because I was betting into a pro's big blind, although the only other time I have played with them is in $2000+ buy in events, so an $11 buyin a bit different.