does poker affect yoor mood ?

I find that if I take a good beating at the tables that It will sometimes affect my mood for a good part of the day. Get cut off in trafic and I'm all middle finger. :twisted: Wife overcooks my steak and I'm pummeling her.(jk) So, I was wondering out loud if anybody else has let poker affect their mood or if you get over the steam and carry on.

Yeah I get super mad and then start choking people with the Force.
That's what that was about? Wow, I really don't want to suckout on you.
Yeah it wasn't really about losing Han Solo and all them. the General actually hit a runner runner boat against my set, and then the Admiral hit a runner runner straight flush against my boat.
I find that my mood affects poker more than poker affects my mood.
Me too. If I've had a hard day I usually don't play well at night and many times don't. It's kind of ironic, the more $ I make in my business the worse poker I play because I'm tired. But my business makes way more than poker so things could be worse :wink:

over time this will even out and you will leave it at the table or in the car ride home at least.i am usually not very frustrated by bad beats anymore, but if i make a mistake i'm pretty hard on myself still.also, if someone sucks out on me and as a result ends up stacked in a tournament, i find myself irritated at them if they still can't cash. it's kind of like that scene in bull durham where costner starts yelling at the opposing hitter, "i just gave you a gift and you stand there and show up my pitcher!? get moving!"

I find that if I take a good beating at the tables that It will sometimes affect my mood for a good part of the day. Get cut off in trafic and I'm all middle finger. :twisted: Wife overcooks my steak and I'm pummeling her.(jk) So, I was wondering out loud if anybody else has let poker affect their mood or if you get over the steam and carry on.
also, how would this affect your mood?VanVsCgy.jpg

I'd like to say it doesn't, but it does (for the short term anyway).If I take a really bad beat, I get very irritable for about a minute. Same goes if I win a huge pot, I feel elated for a short while. The more I play, the shorter these emotions last.I also find that I think about poker a lot after I play a session, which is why I have a hard time sleeping after I play in the evening.

After playing poker nearly everyday this summer...yes, poker affects my mood.I used to real good about it, but perhaps that was cuz I was running good.I never used to berate players after a suckout, and I never was overjoyed with a win.I'm still not overjoyed with a win, but after a few weeks of bad beats and stuff, I found myself berating players and not acting how I normally act.I didn't like it, so I'm trying to take some time off. I havn't played any poker this week, which is weird considering I really did play all summer, almost every day.So, I dunno...I'm sure for some it affects one good/bad and another doesn't let it bother em'.For me, it took a streak of bad things to really start affecting me, to the point where I'm forcing myself to not play so I can let it go and when I do come back, not berate players and not get so upset.I really don't think it was healthy...and it really makes me realize how freaking hard playing poker for a living probably is. - Jordan

also' date=' how would this affect your mood?[img']http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_apr2004/VanVsCgy.jpg[/img]
Aw Man, thats just cruel. Very funny mind you, but cruel. :cry:I was trying to mix a Calgary and 'flame' joke but couldnt do it. Then a calagary and being censored on joke. couldnt do it. Not a funny man today. oh well, GO COYOTES!
Wife overcooks my steak and I'm pummeling her.
Oh how I laughed.
Funny thing is, she would never touch MY bbq ! Not because I don't want her to, just that I may have called it mine at some point.

Let's just say that my girlfriend has asked me how several fist size holes have appeared in my wall from time to time. Poker has increased my visits to Home Depot.

Everytime I walk into a poker room and get that rack of chips, I feel horny! No kidding, it must be something about gambling, drinking, the whole deal. If I win, I feel like blowing my profit on a $300 / hour hooker ;-) Anyone else?

Generally, outbursts of emotion last less than five seconds. Only exception is if I'm running really well, then I might run around for a while with the front of my shirt over my head futbol style. I used to take bad beats and drag big pots in cardrooms without showing a shred of emotion. Yup. Then I started playing on the internet. Haven't been to a card room since, but it's only coincidence.

Everytime I walk into a poker room and get that rack of chips, I feel horny!  No kidding, it must be something about gambling, drinking, the whole deal.  If I win, I feel like blowing my profit on a $300 / hour hooker ;-)  Anyone else?
You buying. I'm in...

The bad beats don't affect my mood as much as the times when I know I'm beat but for some reason I call anyways (I think it might be Marion using the Force on me). I usually stomp around calling myself a donkey and kicking the furmiture. My wife doesn't appreciate that much, especially when I wake up the baby.My new ritual is to click "sit out" and hit the deck for 20 push-ups. Just like coach would make us do when we'd hit a pop-up in baseball practice in high school. Seems to help.