I had a friend bet me 20 bucks that manatees(sea cows) were not native to Florida....He swore they were imported from India to deal with the seagrass problem....(?wtf?) This was on the way back from the hardrock in hollywood and I laughed at him the whole way home(fastest ride EVER...he kept calling people for support and then he would tell them his theory!!! And i would laugh so hard I cried) when we got on the internet and I proved it wasn't so.... He still doesn't really believe they are native but were imported on big tankers full of them :shock: ...I am in the process of adopting a manatee in his name...I posted a poll in our fantasy football league so we could choose which one he gets(they have names) he will get a picture,history, and 4 updates on their progress. ( it costs 25 so I am using the money i won off him on goldentee to pay the rest)He declined paying 10 more to get a cool manatee t-shirt...Ahh... the coup de gra is so sweet....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I once "borrowed" company money to bet on a horse race.The horse ran dead last until the top of the stretch, passed everyone to win.But the near-fatal heart attack for the first 3/4 of the race almost made my "Christmas bonus" no fun to spend.

The most memorable one I had took place at the Bellagio while playing the 10/20 NL on my first day there.It was shorthanded, 5 of us, and the player to my left was a late 20's, sulking, baggy sweats and messy hair guy who scowled at everyone like he was Sam Grizzle.Anyway after an hour or so it's apparent this guy is a major league shitburger, so I'm basically avoiding conversation until one hand got folded around to us in the blinds and I ask him " would you like to chop?"He turns to me, sneers and spits out " I don't chop, it's ridiculous to chop".So I peek at my cards...KK. " I raise, all in"He mucks and suddenly he wants to make a whole bunch of proposition bets, most of which I turn down basically because it's pissing him off. Finally, I agree to flip coins for 1K per toss, first to win 5K wins.What do you know, I win 5 straight! LOLOL so I'm laughing and order a nice lobster salad, peeling off my new roll to pay for it, which pisses him off further. So I tell him I'll flip one more time, one flip only, for 5K. He agrees and I flip a winner again.That by far was the sickest gambling I've ever done.

Me and a friend two months ago are sitting outside a restaurant in Marlyebone in London discussing how to get tickets for Live8 when Michael Buerk walks past (being the reporter who originally did the very moving reports from Ethiopia that inspired Bob Geldoff to do the original Live Aid) We disagree on who did the news reports and bet £100 on whether or not it was him. So I end up running up the street to ask him if it was him. He confirms it was - and then says, "Why do you want to know?" and I reply, "Because we have a £100 bet on it" I have never felt more crass in my life - making a bet on that issue for an amount of money that would make such a difference that world..........Fortunately he found it funny - lovely guy - but a pretty cheap assed bet.

I went to St. Lucia when I was 8 or so, and the hotel I was staying at had crab races, with actual betting. They just picked up random hermit crabs off the beach, but them all in the middle of a circle, first one out wins. I managed to get a bet in (Yes, I started young), and my crab won at 4-1 odds. No idea how they put odds on it, but my little buddy ended up winning. Can't remember how much I won, but I guess I was hooked after that.

Once some friends of my mothers were throwing a party, and some of the adults were playing a poker game. I was ten, but I had a few bucks in my pocket, and really wanted to play.The first game they called was five card draw, jacks-or-better to open. I had a pair of fives in my hand. Cool! I could open the betting. I thought they had said "jack or better to open". Seemed odd to me, but I knew a pair of fives was better than jack high.I was called by a few players, drew 3 cards, and pulled a third five. I bet after the draw, and everyone folded. I was about to muck my cards, when someone said "Wait, let's see your openers." I showed them my three fives. To this day, I'm not sure if they let it slide because I was a kid, or if they were just drinking too much to remember I had drawn 3 cards, and thus could show that I had openers...but I took the pot.In high school, we often played poker for nickel-dime-quarter stakes. Despite this, I was down $18 going into the last game - a huge sum, considering the stakes involved and how little money we had twenty years ago.There were still four of us playing. Four the last hand of the night, we decided to play one game of guts, with each player putting in a quarter. Our version of guts was that each player got three cards - two down, one up. High card showing had to decide if he would stay or fold. If you wanted to fold, and no one had stayed yet, you had to immediately match half the pot. If someone had already declared they would stay in, you could fold for free. If you stayed in, and lost, you had to match the size of the pot after the winner raked it in. The game wasn't over until just one player stayed in. With only four players, the game normally wouldn't last longer than a couple of hands. But we kept having two or three people staying in, and I kept winning and winning as the pot grew larger and larger. I can still remember the last hand. I had a jack showing, with a crappy 8-2 in the hole. That was the high card, so I was first to act, and the odds favored folding. But I sensed the resolve of the other players was weakening, and that if they could fold for free, they would do unless they had at least a pair. I was right. The big loser for the night thought a long time before folding, so I know he could beat a jack. I went from an $18 loser to a $20 winner, while another player ended up losing $50 on the guts game alone - when the biggest lost for the entire night was usually $5. Not bad for a game with a 25 cent ante.

I once turned a 105 bucks into over 18k on black jack. I ended up quitting when I was still up 13,200.A few months later I got up 10k. Decided to quit (I was a t Circus Circus in Tunica). I had to walk through the Horseshoe and told myself I was gonna win 30k. So I put a huge wad of 100's on 1 hand. I got a 9 and a 7 with the dealer showing a 7. I hit and busted and the dealer turned over a 9 for a 16 and obviously would have busted had I not hit. Turnes out I bet 4600 on that hand. I went home with 100 bucks.

I went to St. Lucia when I was 8 or so, and the hotel I was staying at had crab races, with actual betting. They just picked up random hermit crabs off the beach, but them all in the middle of a circle, first one out wins. I managed to get a bet in (Yes, I started young), and my crab won at 4-1 odds. No idea how they put odds on it, but my little buddy ended up winning. Can't remember how much I won, but I guess I was hooked after that.
They have this in bars in southern TX, its a blast, people bring in pet crabs with #'s on the shells, designs, etc & gamble on it

You know I was thinking about this... I've never done anything crazy..never played blackjack, pulled a slot, bet on highcard, rolled dice...Wow I'm boring...

You know I was thinking about this... I've never done anything crazy..never played blackjack, pulled a slot, bet on highcard, rolled dice...Wow I'm boring...
Good story Knish :club:
lol... I dunno man It's true I never really thought about it till I saw this post but I guess I'm not a gambling man?
Good story Knish :club:
lol... I dunno man It's true I never really thought about it till I saw this post but I guess I'm not a gambling man?
Haha, I'm not really a gambling person either, to be quite honest, but I'm a big better. Back in like 7th-9th grade, C-Lo was the big dice game; kids would roll for a dollar a shot. I never played it, even though I was challenged daily, just because I thought it was stupid to bet on a completely random outcome. Though in 10th or 11th grade of high school I started to gamble more. My friends and I used to play 5 or 10 dollar buy in, double chip values (so oldschool). Then one day, after playing some pick up basketball, someone asks me if I want to play acey ducey. We started playing with quarters, but I quickly proceeded to hit the post with K2, K2, K3, and A3. I started getting pretty annoyed, and before I knew it I was down over 70 bucks. Everyone was losing, and there was a huge pile of money in the middle, or what was for us at the time. Then, I got dealt A3 again and surveyed the table. There were two twos already out and a three. I reached into my pocket and I only came up with 100 more dollars. This was not enough, as you have to have twice the amount of the pot to bet pot (in case you hit the post). So I ran out to my car and got the money I had just gotten from my paycheck, and I threw 350 on the table, betting pot. The tension was insane, and the next card off was a 4. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw it, but I ended up booking a decent sized win.

At my job we have a guy who tends to use a lot of profanity. During meetings we have a $5 buy in pool to guess how many times he says the F-Word, closest takes the pot, with the obvious requirement that you can't 'set him off' to pad your numbers.The funny part is that another guy knows about the pool, but doesn't play, and will randomly set off the F-Word guy just to screw with the game, so it's a complex game of trying to figure out a) how pissed off F-Word guy is that day and B) how feisty the other guy is about setting the first guy off.Fun times.Ray

I dunno know guys I still vote for "In Between" as the game most likely to give a heart attack. Luckily I've been able to completely block out any memory of playing this horrid beast in college. It sucked cleaning up on sports betting only to blow it all on freaking IN BETWEEN! There should be two rules in college in order to graduate, you have to drink a bottle of Peppermint Schnapes, and you have to lose your ass an In Between.

At my job we have a guy who tends to use a lot of profanity. During meetings we have a $5 buy in pool to guess how many times he says the F-Word, closest takes the pot, with the obvious requirement that you can't 'set him off' to pad your numbers.The funny part is that another guy knows about the pool, but doesn't play, and will randomly set off the F-Word guy just to screw with the game, so it's a complex game of trying to figure out a) how censored off F-Word guy is that day and B) how feisty the other guy is about setting the first guy off.Fun times.Ray
That's too funny.My favorite gambling story involved a game called 339. I don't remember the rules anymore, but the best hand you could have was 339. I ended up at this party where they were playing this game and I had no money on me. This guy who was winning gives me a quarter (the ante) so I could play. The game as I recall involved a burn (where the losers had to match the pot up to like $5 or $10), but you could drop out if you didn't like your cards. So I ended up folding forever until I got a hand. Long story short, I walked out of there with $85!By the way, I gave the guy his quarter back!!

I won 500 bucks when I was 9 years old betting with a neighbor. he was a diehard Seminoles fan and I was a Canes fan.We bet on the '91 Canes v. Noles showdown in Tallahassee.The best was 250 dollars no points given either way. For those who do not know this was the now famous Wide Right 1 game.Anyway, after an amazing game the Canes lead 17-16 with about 3 seconds left and FSU is lining up for a field goal.I blurt out....double or nothing he misses this kick! (only a 30 something yarder but a tough one from the EXtreme left hashmark. Neighbor looks terrified (doesnt want to be shown up by a punk kid I imagine) and says Ok.Wide Right baby...although when my mom found out she grounded me for a week and went and cursed out the neighbor. 8) Thus started my lifelong love of sports gambling.....highlighted by my +6500 dollar run during this year's NBA playoffs.

Ive bet on just about everything you could imagine.....drinking, sports, games, girls, etc. etc......one of my favorite stories.....Me and 2 buddies go out to this Chinese joint for a night of hardcore boozing....after about 6 mai tais each we decide it would be funny to see if we could get these 2 fat girls back to my house, and if so, who would end up banging one/both of them....without going into details i lost 1k at the bar betting my buddy he couldnt drink 3 mt's in 5 min.....but ended up +4k for the night when I woke up with one of the chicks in the am....lol....good times :club:

my first trip to vegas and I am up about 2 grand from playing poker. I go out one night with my friends who dont play poker and they are gambling like mad. I sit and watch and drink.we are getting ready to leave the Hard Rock and are standing by the door and suddenly one of notice a roulette wheel that has hit nothing but black as far as the display goes. Every # is black.So i pop $100 on red..it's black againanother $100 on red... it black again$200 on red and it comes black again.My friend then throws $100 on red and lets it ride......only rakin in the profits from his bet and letting the $100 ride.15 spins in a row it comes red...he's making a killin.So i tell him i am going against him and going black...$200 on black and it's red again...moral of the story is stick to POKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lost $5 on an over/under bet on when the Pope would die. My buddy gave everyone 'til 6:00pm. I took the under, and he ended up going the next day.I also bet a buddy 12 pitchers of beer that my tramp ex-girlfriend would call him up and ask him out on a date within a week of us breaking up. She didn't - I paid.

I love to make these crazy bets on anything. My buddies and I used to bet on the show "Cops". There were three of us and we all had to guess what would be in the next scene. I made a killing off of this show one night when it was obviously a re-run. P.S. Keep the post coming, very entertaining.

When I was 15 (1976) I used to caddy at a local country club and, if memory serves me, made a pretty good buck doing so. Anyhow, I would stop at a convenience store (Wawa) on the way home and get a soda and snack. I decided to play the lottery and bought a ticket for the Daily Number. Played 612 boxed and straight for .50 each and home I went. Later that night, my stepfather and I watched the drawing and whada ya know, I hit my number for $290. Went to the store to collect and was shot down 'cause i was underage. Needless to say, I was devastated. My stepfather went in and argued with the manager and got my money, which he allowed me to have all of it. Hit the mall with a vengance, bought my first cassette tape player, and upgraded my wardrobe considerably. It was a good summer.*L*T*