the island

Did anybody see the Island? I don't know why but I absolutely LOVED this movie. I saw it on Friday (opening day) and again on Sunday. I'm going to see it again today. I keep taking people to witness the greatness of this spectacular movie. While I'm on the subject, what's the most times you guys have seen the same movie in the movie theaters? Mine will be the Island because I expect to see it at least 3 more times before it leaves the box office. My previous was 2 and that was Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Also, Feel free to discuss how much you either liked or disliked The Island. And before I forget, Scarlett Johansson is so bomb!

Scarlett Johansson is amazing. I actualy payed twice to see Lost in Translation because of her. How much does she show in this movie?I saw Star Wars 26 times at the Eastwood theater when it first came out. A friend of mine has seen Rocky Horror so many times she lost count around 300!

omg thats amazing. 300 times? Scarlett doesn't really show anything in this movie. There is a sex scene but it barely shows anything at all. I hardly even count it as being a sex scene.

omg thats amazing. 300 times? Scarlett doesn't really show anything in this movie. There is a sex scene but it barely shows anything at all. I hardly even count it as being a sex scene.
Too bad. I can't wait for her to get naked in a movie.
Scarlett Johansson is amazing. I actualy payed twice to see Lost in Translation because of her. How much does she show in this movie?I saw Star Wars 26 times at the Eastwood theater when it first came out. A friend of mine has seen Rocky Horror so many times she lost count around 300!
Her best work was obviously in Home Alone 3.

How close is the plot of this movie to that of The Matrix (the first one), i.e. things are not as they appear, must break from those that are oppressing you, etc?My current record is Jurassic Park 7 times

How close is the plot of this movie to that of The Matrix (the first one), i.e. things are not as they appear, must break from those that are oppressing you, etc?
The plot hardly resembles the matrix at all. At least its not as hard as the matrix was to understand at first. These two movies aren't too similar in my opinion.
How close is the plot of this movie to that of The Matrix (the first one), i.e. things are not as they appear, must break from those that are oppressing you, etc?
The plot hardly resembles the matrix at all. At least its not as hard as the matrix was to understand at first. These two movies aren't too similar in my opinion.
Cool. That was my only hesitation-- I thought it might be a rip off. I'll see it tomorrow because you recommend it so highly :club:

Hey Dood! I just saw the movie and I thought it was great. Normally when someone tells me that a movie is good I expect too much and end up dissapointed. The Island did not dissapoint-- nice recommendation.Scarlett Johansson is so bomb!Agreed.

Her best work was obviously in Home Alone 3.
Don't forget about her wonderful work in Eight Legged Freaks.
How close is the plot of this movie to that of The Matrix (the first one), i.e. things are not as they appear, must break from those that are oppressing you, etc?My current record is Jurassic Park 7 times
I think the most times I went to a theater for a single movie was for Pulp Fiction, and that was around 10 or so.

I'm glad you liked it Devilslide. What about you Marion? I saw it again today and I can't believe that I still get shivers at certain parts during the movie. I expect to see it again this week with some other amigos. I can't believe I'm such a nerd for this movie. Oh well...

I went and saw it last night. I thought it was good, but no real plot twists or anything. It's definitely a summer hollywood action blockbuster.Scarlett is hot as usual, but damn I'd like to see her get nekkid. Ewan was cool. Buscemi is always great.I didn't think there was anything original in this movie though. Lots of similarites with the Matrix, Logan's run and Coma. It had lots of potential, but just didn't go anywhere. It could have been a mindbender, but settled for eyecandy.I bet the anti-stem cell research folks will love it.Having said all that, I still recommend it. It's an entertaining movie, with some good visuals.