i played this hand completely wrong

I was on stars Friday night, and completely failed at correct online play.I was playing 2/4 NL at a full table and picked up AsAc in middle position with about 950 in front of me. One person limps in before me, and I raise to 30. Two people call; limper and small blindFlop comes miraculously AhAdKh. I bet out 50 dollars , SB folds and limper raises to 250. I push all in. He thinks for a minute, then calls (I'd been playing pretty loose, so I figure he thought I was bluffing at it)He flips over QhQdTurn is 10hRiver is Jh.I cried for an hour.Go ahead, flame away. Tell me what I did wrong.

I was on stars Friday night, and completely failed at correct online play.I was playing 2/4 NL at a full table and picked up AsAc in middle position with about 950 in front of me. One person limps in before me, and I raise to 30. Two people call; limper and small blindFlop comes miraculously AhAdKh. I bet out 50 dollars , SB folds and limper raises to 250. I push all in. He thinks for a minute, then calls (I'd been playing pretty loose, so I figure he thought I was bluffing at it)He flips over QhQdTurn is 10hRiver is Jh.I cried for an hour.Go ahead, flame away. Tell me what I did wrong.
If this hand happened then you suffered the worst beat I have ever heard of....or at least in the top 5. Congrats!
:boohoo: :wall:

Didn't Party have a Bad Beat Jackpot where if quad's (higher than 8) got beat in a hand, the loser would get the jackpot of several thousand dollars? I obviously don't know the specifics, but I recall reading something about it.Tough one

u didnt play the bad beat jackpot.. thats what u did wrong

Now, on the one hand, I can understand him calling me, since I'd made similar plays (bluffs) earlier in the evening with hands like 88 and 99.I can't (completely) fault the guy for that.For a moment, I was excited that he called.That didn't last long.

I'm pretty sure you have to be playing at the bad beat tables where the rake is extra to qualify for the jackpot. How did you play that hand badly? I dont see any way you were laying those aces down.

you forgot (sw)
Now, on the one hand, I can understand him calling me, since I'd made similar plays (bluffs) earlier in the evening with hands like 88 and 99.I can't (completely) fault the guy for that.For a moment, I was excited that he called.That didn't last long.
For a moment I was excited that he called....lol...yes, when i have quad aces I'm usually excited to get called.You can't seriously be asking what you did wrong.

I wasn't seriously expecting anyone to tell me what I did wrong. (Dear Lord, I hope not)I was just venting. I've been fuming for three days over this hand. And worse, I haven't seen the guy back at the tables since. I can only hope he lost all of my money to someone else.It was definitely the worst beat I've ever taken. Who expects to lose a hand where you're 990:1 to win? I wouldn't feel so bad if he'd had J10h and caught the queen. (Ok, I would, but still...) But this guy runner runner'd a royal flush over quad aces. Geez.On the bright side, I made it back with interest yesterday playing 3/6 NL. It was fish city on Party all night last night.

lol ahh.. thats so nasty, makes me wanna puke just thinking about it.. I had the exact, well not exact.. but almost as nasty thing happen once on party..I have KK, raise, get re-reraised, i just call.Flop is K55, i check, he bets, i raise, he goes all in.. we each have about $150I flip over my KK for Kings full, he flips over AJs. K on flop is a spade.Turn is Qs.River is the Ts. the only royal flushes ive seen on party have been runner runner when there about 900:1.. lol. gotta love party poker.It was about 4 A.M. and i was on a big run.. i think i woke up about everybody in the dorms.. very angry.And of course about an hour later im trying to make back that money at limits higher than i shoulda been playin.. I have KK again, flop is K85, i check, he bets i call. Turns a blank, he goes all in I call. He's got 55, river's a 5. I didn't get an ounce of sleep.