• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the best thing to do in this situation is leave without confrontation. and if u plan on getting your money back(which i would) do it at a later date. i agree no need to get violent but u also cant let people get away with this stuff

Your progression has been amazing:"i wouldnt ask for my money back. i would just take it back. i wouldnt let them keep my money. even if it was only $5.""i wouldnt leave without my money. i would just tell them that the first person to get in my way is going through the wall or window.""well most of the time they wont stop u. if they do u will probably get throttled just make sure u get 1 of them real good. or u can just wait till a later date when the numbers will be in your favour"[Ya gonna round up a posse and hunt down the outlaws?]"maybe not for $50 but for $200+ dam right i would" (little different than your first quote, eh?)"the best thing to do in this situation is leave without confrontation."From tough guy to pacifist in five easy posts....

Your progression has been amazing:"i wouldnt ask for my money back. i would just take it back. i wouldnt let them keep my money. even if it was only $5.""i wouldnt leave without my money. i would just tell them that the first person to get in my way is going through the wall or window.""well most of the time they wont stop u. if they do u will probably get throttled just make sure u get 1 of them real good. or u can just wait till a later date when the numbers will be in your favour"[Ya gonna round up a posse and hunt down the outlaws?]"maybe not for $50 but for $200+ dam right i would" (little different than your first quote, eh?)"the best thing to do in this situation is leave without confrontation."From tough guy to pacifist in five easy posts....
What I don't understand is why the hell you care what he says he would do, or what he would do. Why? Is it that important to you that some guy on this forum says he would take his money back? So important you have to grill him about it for several posts? Are you attempting to be parental? Are you trying to teach the world how to be less violent, one random internet guy at a time? Are you hoping for consideration for the Nobel Peace Prize? Good god man, let it go. Just let it go.

At 1140 posts, I'd think you'd understand the idea of dinking around on an internet forum :club:.Seriously man, if you think it really means anything to me, you've got a bad read going. I just like dialogue, whether its worth something or not. Why did you even bother posting, is he your little brother or something :D

i love it u dont include the collect it at a later date part. the full quote was
the best thing to do in this situation is leave without confrontation. and if u plan on getting your money back(which i would) do it at a later date. i agree no need to get violent but u also cant let people get away with this stuff
the best thing to do. not what i would do. i would get my money back whether i have to fight for it or collect it at a later date. their always is a best way to do things but most of the time people dont for understandable reasons. it really depends on what mood im in. fighting 3 guys is just stupid if u can collect the money later. do u not understand. next time u see them u take everything they have when u got the advantage.
[/size]MILES, STOP READING, YOU WON'T LIKE ITHehe.Yeah, that part where you thought I was editing it because it didnt' help my cause, leave it in and it still says the same thing. I understand what you're telling me now, I really do. Can you really not see how different that is from your first few posts?
One of the star atheletes at the college I attended spent months in prison, got kicked out of school, and had to pay thousands in compensatory damages after kicking the censored out of a guy who stole some money from him at a party.
if he was stupid enough to do it like that he deserves what he got. their are better ways to go about it. Do you see why? only a moron would beat the shit out of someone in a place where their is witnesses and u could get in trouble.

so beating the crap out of a guy without witness won't get you in any trouble? what makes you think you would automatically beat the crap out of anyone? i once saw a guy with the biggest arms i've ever seen on a normal person get the hell beat out of him by a 140 pound "weakling".

Is everyone that always says to kick the shit out of someone that cheats in jail??It seems like people think the cops will understand if they beat someone up, they might understand but they're still gonna lock you up.I've read all the stories about Doyle Brunson and the like getting cheated and robbed and suckered, but i don't recall ever seeing the stories about Doyle going back in with a 9mm to waste all the scumbags...LoL.You take it as a lesson and don't play with them anymore or next time invite 3 or 4 of your friends that are good players and give it back to them the same way they did to you.

What's with the curveball, that has nothing to do with the post. And while it's beside the point, he didn't beat the shit out of the guy in front of witnesses. I'm at a loss if you think it's ok and a good legal strategy to beat someone up for money, so long as there aren't any witnesses. I'm just going to wrap up my entire interest in this conversation in two sentences, if you agree with what I'm saying, then I misinterpreted you originally or you waffled, with way, there isn't much left to say:People are often quick to jump on the idea that if someone steals or cheats you, you shoudl kick their ass. That's a stupid, testosterone/youth induced plan where the negative legal ramifications aren't worth the $20 buy-in you so passionately want to defend.

I've read all the stories about Doyle Brunson and the like getting cheated and robbed and suckered, but i don't recall ever seeing the stories about Doyle going back in with a 9mm to waste all the scumbags...LoL..
I was going to bring up Doyle constantly getting robbed, but I honestly couldnt' remember whether he ever kicked some ass back :club:
so beating the crap out of a guy without witness won't get you in any trouble?  what makes you think you would automatically beat the crap out of anyone?  i once saw a guy with the biggest arms  i've ever seen on a normal person get the hell beat out of him by a 140 pound "weakling".
well it is hard to prove since their would be no witnesses. obviously u dont have a clue on how things are done. i have also seen a little guy beat up a big guy but what does that have to do with anything?

Take the advice of all the 5'4" Napoleans on this site and kick their ass...or at least think you would've anyway. Damn people are so stupid, start going at 3 people? Come on, you're talking out of your a$$ and you know it. Be like they really would, ask for your money and if you get it great, if not leave; it's only money. If a buy in means that much to you then you can't afford to be playing poker.

What's with the curveball, that has nothing to do with the post.  And while it's beside the point, he didn't beat the censored out of the guy in front of witnesses.    I'm at a loss if you think it's ok and a good legal strategy to beat someone up for money, so long as there aren't any witnesses.  I'm just going to wrap up my entire interest in this conversation in two sentences, if you agree with what I'm saying, then I misinterpreted you originally or you waffled, with way, there isn't much left to say:People are often quick to jump on the idea that if someone steals or cheats you, you shoudl kick their ass.  That's a stupid, testosterone/youth induced plan where the negative legal ramifications aren't worth the $20 buy-in you so passionately want to defend.
So if he did waffle as you put it you would continue to be an ass even though he waffled and now agreed with you? Interesting.
What's with the curveball, that has nothing to do with the post.  And while it's beside the point, he didn't beat the censored out of the guy in front of witnesses.    I'm at a loss if you think it's ok and a good legal strategy to beat someone up for money, so long as there aren't any witnesses.  
how did he get in trouble then? someone must have found out it was him? u see u dont get caught if u do it properly do u understand? do u know how this kind of stuff works? most of the time they just give u the money.i dont reccomend violence or anything like that but thats how things work if u rip off or cheat the wrong person
so beating the crap out of a guy without witness won't get you in any trouble?  what makes you think you would automatically beat the crap out of anyone?  i once saw a guy with the biggest arms  i've ever seen on a normal person get the hell beat out of him by a 140 pound "weakling".
well it is hard to prove since their would be no witnesses. obviously u dont have a clue on how things are done. i have also seen a little guy beat up a big guy but what does that have to do with anything?
ya, it would be really tough to prove that i was attacked by someone that accused me of cheating him in a game with witnesses. i know all the angles kid. i'd use some of the money i cheated you out of to buy your new jailhouse boyfriend some ky warming lotion to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

"That's how things work" in the minds of tough guy 16 year olds who don't have a clue about reality! We're not talking about the mob here dude, we're talking about weasely little poker players. "u don't get caught if u do it properly"? Ok, you might not be 16, but you sure as hell haven't left your teens.

There is no way I leave without my money if there is collusion going on.I would calmly explain to them that what they were doing was cheating and I would demand a 4-way split immediately.If they decided against it, I would get my money back.The only way I wouldn't complain about this is if I am on the extreme shortstack, but considering this was a tournament, I would imagine the rising blinds would prevent the shortstack from surviving for such a long time.Don't play with them again. Don't put yourself in a position where you're going to be cheated, and if you find yourself in such a position, don't just shrug your shoulders and then brood about it later.

First of all, it's interesting how all the biznitches are turning it into 3 guys, when it's clearly 2. Read the posts so you don't look quite so ignorant.Secondly, the chances of the dudes wanting to fight over the money are slimto none, especially since one of them is a girl, and especially if the hero is at all imposing.Finally, if amazingly they would want to get physical rather than give you the money, then, well....If someone would walk away with their tail between their legs after being cheated against, ok. But to try say standing up for yourself is 'stupid' by necessity, is absolute folly.

Hey, this game didn't happen to be around north phoenix, did it?I know a couple of guys who pull things like that, couple of them brothers also.What are these guys names? just curious to see if it's them.P.S. I live in phoenix, but in case you're wondering about my location, i'm moving to San Diego in two weeks.

If they decided against it, I would get my money back.
And how would you do that? You gonna call up Chuck Norris over there with the donkey avator and regulate?
I believe that if I raised my voice they would know I mean business. I can be a rather imposing figure should the situation warrant it.