wsop final table - heads up 02-04

I was skimming through some tournament finishes tonight and after googling Alan Boston's name to find out how his results stacked up, I came across Julian Gardner off of HomePokerGames. Majority of the people who posted there took shots at the 2002 Main Event champ Varkonyi (fella who beat him with the infamous Q-10) explaining how Robert winning was strongly backed up by his run of cards. This interluded into me thinking of another topic about the WSOP champions and who they defeated, along with the player's assumed skill. This leads me to ask a fairly straightforward question. Regardless of who won and how they won, who's the top dog? Try and avoid the typical "Oh, well so and so played better than him that day" - I'm talking in general (NL Tournament play of course).Gardner or Varkonyi?Farha or Moneymaker?Williams or Raymer?For me, the best player took 2nd without a doubt in 02' and I'd have to give Farha a slight edge for 03'. Williams vs. Raymer on the other hand is the closest bout, but I believe David has a slight edge on him. Though let's not forget that watching the heads-up flare between the two in 2004 is hardly worthy of determining this, as 2 hands were aired. So what do you think? My opinion is that the better player ended up sitting as runner-up all 3 years.

Gardner, Farha, and Raymer. But that's not to say David hasn't improved since then, it may be closer now, but Raymer was the better player at that time for sure.

They only showed two hands of Raymer v. Williams heads up because they only played 7 hands after getting heads up. If I'm not mistaken, the pot Williams won was the only one that made it to the flop before the final hand.

Farha or Moneymaker?For me, the best player took 2nd without a doubt in 02' and I'd have to give Farha a slight edge for 03'. .
I haven't read all of your 118 posts, so this may be premature...but this is the dumbest thing I've seen on this site.

raymer by a mile last year. But the best player probably finished 3rd in 03 and 04, and I think that Julian was the best player at the 2002 final table outside of the Irish Pro who's name escapes me right now

Farha or Moneymaker?For me, the best player took 2nd without a doubt in 02' and I'd have to give Farha a slight edge for 03'.  .
I haven't read all of your 118 posts, so this may be premature...but this is the dumbest thing I've seen on this site.
Why...Moneymaker's NL game really isnt' bad at all and Farha specializes in Omaha more so than Hold Em'. To say Farha is a big favorite is foolish.And if that's the dumbest thing you've seen, you haven't seen much...way to overreact though. I guess it was an ok attempt to sound cool and completely exaggerate.