"never saw that before" stories

So, I'm still pretty new to playing overall, but recently came across a couple things I never saw before and thought you guys would get a kick out of.1) In a 100 person tourney, I'm down to about 30 people left, and have pocket aces in mid position. I raise it up, and the guy right after me goes all in immediately. He is not short stacked so he's either bluffing, or thinks he has a monster. Everyone else folds to me and I have him outstacked by just a little bit, and I call, wanting to know what monster hand he has that could possibly beat my pocket aces.It turns out he has .... Pocket Aces as well. Right next to each other, we both had pocket aces. No flush hit the board so we split the pot, but funny times.2) In Omaha Hi Low I recently got dealt my worst all time hand. My Four Card hand was 9c9h9d9s. Yes, Four Nines. It looked really pretty for about a half a second until I realized how horrible it was. Instant Fold.3) Not a never seen that before, but good beat story to balance out all the bad beat ones. At a Single Table Tourney, I started off hand one with Pocket Aces. The guy two before me raises. I reraise, and suddenly he goes all in, and the rest of the players have fled after the raise reraise. I call, figuring my Aces half to hold up, and he flips over pocket jacks which never hit a set. I love starting a tournament with twice as many chips as the rest of the players. =PJust some fun sotres for everyone..Ray

It turns out he has .... Pocket Aces as well. Right next to each other, we both had pocket aces. No flush hit the board so we split the pot, but funny times.
This is not an attempt to '1-up' ya, but a very similiar thing happened to me recently. First hand of STT i get the rockets which fall to QK which hit a flush. Two hands later in the same STT I get the rockets again and raise it up 4xbb which gets reraised by the SB and reraised again by the BB. I am not sure if I was a little tilty from losing the previous AA or just simply didnt like 2 reraises against my Aces before we had even seen a flop so I pushed with my 950'ish chips and both SB and BB had me covered and called. My AA was met with the SBs AA and the BBs TT. The TT setted on the flop and the turn and river obviously brought no help.Thanks for the stories

I was playing some limit last night on Stars. Hadn't been seeing cards all day in an earlier session, including the Stud forum tournament. Anyway, picked up pocket KK. Raised, got a couple callers. Hit a set on the flop and later filled up. Had someone take the hand all the way home. Won the pot.Next hand. Pocket KK. Raise up. Only the prior opponent comes with me this time. Hit a set on the flop. He called me all the way down, til the river, when he folded. So I showed him the KK anyway. Had a good session as I got a lot of respect for pre-flop raises at that point. :D Not that any of this is particularly astounding, but after the day I was having, it was nice to turn things around at the end.

My GF was in the late stages of a Tournament, went all-in with AA and was called by someone who had her covered, he flipped over AA as well and knocked her out with a Flush.I was at a tournament once Button went all-in, SB called the all in and BB called the all-in. All three turned over AK and split the pot.

Dane  The old Lie:  Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori.  - Wilfred Owen
Its very strange to me you have this as your tagline. After a bazillion years of Latin I actually found a real life scenario where it came of some value and I also did a college report on this war poet, Wilfred Owen. Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori means something to the effect of "It is sweet and glorius to die for one's country." I still have this poem on my PC (10 years later) .....Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,Till on the haunting flares we turned our backsAnd towards our distant rest began to trudge.Men marched asleep. Many had lost their bootsBut limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hootsOf disappointed shells that dropped behind.GAS! Gas! Quick, boys!-- An ecstasy of fumbling,Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time;But someone still was yelling out and stumblingAnd floundering like a man in fire or lime.--Dim, through the misty panes and thick green lightAs under a green sea, I saw him drowning.In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.If in some smothering dreams you too could paceBehind the wagon that we flung him in,And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;If you could hear, at every jolt, the bloodCome gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cudOf vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,--My friend, you would not tell with such high zestTo children ardent for some desperate glory,The old Lie: Dulce et decorum estPro patria mori.