the new rule changes

i was reading in the local paper today that bertuzzi is maybe going to have to sit out 10-20 more games. what a joke. he served his time let him play.
So you feel that hitting someone from behind and breaking their neck and perhaps ending their career should only be puinshed by about 30 games? What Bert did was cowardly and his actions brought the sport of hockey the wrong kind of attention. I don't think he should be punished for a whole year or anything, but sitting out another 10 games (in addition to missing the end of last season and the playoffs) would be appropriate in this case. In a a long season like the NHL has 10 games is not harsh in my opinion.
bertuzzi made a mistake he served his time and now he should be set free. Mr Moore was a coward also IMO for not dropping the gloves with Bertuzzi. he sure had balls when he took a shot at naslund but he lost them when he couldnt take a free shot at someones head. the Colorado coach was a censored moron. he knew Mr Moore was a target but he put him out anyway just to get his teams spirit up. Mr Moore didnt want to be out and the Colorado coach sent him out anyway. im not defending bertuzzi but im pointing out that the whole situation was caused by an acumulation of factors from both players and their teams.
lol... the hockey equivalent of "if she wouldn't have worn that short skirt, he wouldn't have raped her."Your memory of the events has obviously faded over time. First off, the hit Moore put on Naslund was a clean hit. He was skating with his head down, and Moore lit him up. Ask Eric Lindros what it's all about.Lets not forget that this didn't even occur in the next meeting after the Naslund hit, it was TWO games later, the next time they met in Vancouver. The only guilty parties were Bertuzzi, Brad May, and Marc Crawford. May for publically announcing a bounty on Bertuzzi's head, and Crawford for allowing it all to happen. Calling Colorado's coach a moron for using his full complement of players is completely ridiculous... your entire post was ridiculous.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read this, and I am still trying to take it in, regarding its merits and potential benefits1. Two Line Pass will much help the flow/speed and the offense of any team, and perhaps we won't have to hear whistle blowing every minute (not including Antropov's high sticking) So they are eliminating the red line? It worked really well in the International Hockey games, and this will benefit the more talented teams for sure!2. Tag Up Rule, okay, if I am getting this right, before a player was considered off-side when they are skating before the puck, but now someone can skate before the puck crosses the blue line in event that they skate to return to the blue line. That might cause some bad calls by the linesman, since we saw some terribly referree-ing in the past years. (Remember, as Leafs fan, EVERY referee is against us, especially Kelly) This rule seems fair though, although I am not quite sure what will consequence play-wise, other than not having an offside every 2 minutes. 3. "A player who instigates a fight in the final five minutes of a game will receive a game misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension would double for each additional incident. "NOOOOAs well, the player's Coach will be fined $10,000 -- a fine that would double for each such incident.Pat Quinn might be a poor man. That is too bad because we all love watching those end of game hoipeless fights. Pinnacle of 2004 play offs for the Sauce= Derian Hatcher VS Jarome Iginla! 4. Limits on Goaltenders. Haha, I think we were all a little dubious in 2003 with Jean-Sebastian Giguere. While he made some incredible, amazing saves, I admit the padding was getting a little ridiculous. See Brodeur throughout the years.5. Goaltender Trap Zone Area - I don't like this at all. NJ, Toronto, Detroit, etc. have goaltenders that like to come out and help the offense of the team. Man, how many times has Brodeur assisted a goal? That might suck ass.6. Flicking the puck over glass in event of trouble. I don't know if this rule is new, but that seriously was a piss off during the Minnesota run in 2003. Oh Jacques Lemaire! 7. Shootout. This is great. Although most of us might end up in the hospital with heart attacks. I really hope the Leafs can get a great goalie this year. Yes, the Eagle is great but he is like 42!! I want Khabby! One may argue that it is more fair to give a "tie" at the end of the 5 minute OT, but now with the 2 point - 1 point distribution, it could heavily skew in the favour of talented offensive players (Colorado might have a stronghold on the standings if they kept Hedjuk, Forsberg, Sakic) I dont know how good this is for the Leafs; really, all I remember is that pathetic Robert Reichel penalty shot on Chekmaneck that landed right on the Flyers logo :club: 8. Unsportsmanlike conduct/diving. The Habs are going to get a lot of fines/warning letters.

I like the new rules, the shootout seems like a gimmick to me, I don't like it, I would've prefered to watch them go from 4 on 4 to 3 on3.Second, they forgot to fix the final 4 playoff format, it should be a cross over1st seed west plays 2nd seed east and vise versa, thus we get the two best teams in the final, the way it is set up now..we can never have a Toronto-Montreal FINAL because one will be eliminated in a regional semi final, and that really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the new rules, the shootout seems like a gimmick to me, I don't like it, I would've prefered to watch them go from 4 on 4 to 3 on3.Second, they forgot to fix the final 4 playoff format, it should be a cross over1st seed west plays 2nd seed east and vise versa, thus we get the two best teams in the final, the way it is set up now..we can never have a Toronto-Montreal FINAL because one will be eliminated in a regional semi final, and that really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol how many decades has it been since Toronto and Montreal were the 2 best teams?
bertuzzi made a mistake he served his time and now he should be set free. Mr Moore was a coward also IMO for not dropping the gloves with Bertuzzi. he sure had balls when he took a shot at naslund but he lost them when he couldnt take a free shot at someones head. the Colorado coach was a censored moron. he knew Mr Moore was a target but he put him out anyway just to get his teams spirit up. Mr Moore didnt want to be out and the Colorado coach sent him out anyway. im not defending bertuzzi but im pointing out that the whole situation was caused by an acumulation of factors from both players and their teams.
lol ok ... first off he hasn't served his time, he was suspended indefinetly meaning his time is still going. Second Mr. Moore did drop his gloves already in that particular game. What is he supposed to do? Fight every Vancouver player for the next 3 years for a clean hit he made? Christ Scott Stevens put a hit on one of the NHL"s best who had a known concussion history and instead of being a villain everybody and their mother thought Scott Stevens was the man. And you know the Colorado coach was a real moron as opposed to you know the Vancouver coach who openly said that they were going to get revenge on the kid. Then you know Mr. Ohh I'm such a victim Bertuzzi who openly said they wanted to hurt the kid. But duhh errr uhh he didnt want to hurt the kid that bad, well no shit but he wanted to hurt the kid and when you take it upon yourself to do something as cheap and disgusting as the shit he pulled and not expect that something horrible could happen, than you must be half-retarded. Not to mention the fact that you know bertuzzi going after Moore is like the high school bully going after like a 7th grader. Bertuzzi out weighs Steve Moore by I dunno about 50 pounds and all. Yea Steve Moore should really have manned up, and you know maybe he should go fight Donald Brashear to prove that hes a man while hes at it.If there were justice in the world Bertuzzi wouldn't be playing until Steve Moore could. I hope he gets suspended another season.

the Vancouver coach was a moron also and bertuzzi did a stupid thing but to not put any blame on the Colorado coach or Mr Moore is absolutey rediculas. Obvously the vancouver canucks and bertuzzi are the most to blame but dont shy away from the fact that Mr Moore and his coach contributed to the events that led up to the sucker punch. also i was watching the game and it was obvious from the first 10 minutes of the first period they were out to get him. the game was out of hand in the 2nd period. the score was like 6-0 or something. then in the 3rd why did the colorado coach keep putting moore out when he and everyone else saw what was going to happen. check your facts bertuzzi was challenging moore from up the ice and moore wouldnt drop the gloves. im not denfending bertuzzi but why the **** did the Colorado coach keep putting him out after Mr Moore asked him not to. the colorado coach was an ass and didnt care about moore. sure he didnt expect such a serious situation to occur but he did know moore was going to be challenged some more and probably have to fight someone. anyone who watched the game knew moore was being targeted

I just love the idea of a shootout, it's about time!
I was a skeptic at first. I've been one of the purist who believes in ties. But hey, should be something different. At least they're keeping overtime till win intact in the playoffs. To watch a do-or-die game 6 end in a shootout would blow goats in my opinion; taking it to triple overtime is just wild.The rule I'm not so fond of is the restriction on the Goalie's movement outside the crease. Understandable, you don't want them to get leveled, but just watch Dominick Hasek play outside the crease and you'll see why I'm not happy with it. Now the pad reductions are understandable.And finally, no freakin two-line passes!

As player and a fan of the game I hate these changes. I understand that it will encourage more of a run and gun style offense which will bring in more casual fans, but it takes away the skill of creating offense. With no two-line pass and no icing if you miss that pass it will result in wingers flying the zone and d-men trying to get it up to them. It will be race after race for the puck in the neutral zone.

From what i heard the shootout happens after two sudden death periods where the first one is played four on four, and the second three on three. Not sure if that was just speculation, but if true the shootouts will be a mute point. That's the word i got down here in the san jose rinks.

....and about taking away the two line pass rule, i say it's about time. The neutral zone just gets too jammed, this rule will free up the faster players. The rule about fighting in the last 5 mins is a good one. I've played hockey all my life, and everyone that plays knows that that's the time when the needless injuries happen. If you're crushing a team then they will do anything they can to take cheap shots at you or get a fight going since they know their team is already out of the game. I'm surprised this rule wasn't in affect before now at the pro level.

Moore never asked to be taken out of the game, you're making that up. and to the other guy... no, there's no 3 on 3 OT period. Same as it's been, 5 minutes of 4 on 4, then a shootout.I hope the Pens tie every game... I'd put Lemieux/Crosby/Kovalev up against any 3 in the league.

Moore never asked to be taken out of the game, you're making that up.
your right maybe he didnt exactly say he wanted out but it was reported numerous times that when steve moore was getting medical attention he said something to the effect of why did the coach keep putting me out i told him they were going after me. i didnt want to go out their anymore. anyway everyone who was watching the game saw the canucks kept going after Moore so why did the coach keep putting him out? what was moore doing out their with the score 9-2. bertuzzi made a horrible mistake. its like if u go to a bad area of a city and take a shot at someone and then come back their next week and keep getting challenged by thugs and then u keep coming back to that area and eventually get the shit kicked out of you or get shot. the other people are in the wrong and desrve to get punished but why the **** did u keep going back to that area. u and whoever sent u have to take some responsibility for what happened to yourself.
your right maybe he didnt exactly say he wanted out but it was reported numerous times that when steve moore was getting medical attention he said something to the effect of why did the coach keep putting me out i told him they were going after me. i didnt want to go out their anymore. anyway everyone who was watching the game saw the canucks kept going after Moore so why did the coach keep putting him out? what was moore doing out their with the score 9-2. bertuzzi made a horrible mistake. its like if u go to a bad area of a city and take a shot at someone and then come back their next week and keep getting challenged by thugs and then u keep coming back to that area and eventually get the censored kicked out of you or get shot. the other people are in the wrong and desrve to get punished but why the censored did u keep going back to that area. u and whoever sent u have to take some responsibility for what happened to yourself.
That could possibly be the worst analogy ever.Moore kept going out onto the ice because... it's his job! He's a hockey player! You want the guy to stop doing his job because people are out to get him? That's just silly. Stop trying to defend Bertuzzi's actions and trying to pass off the blame, you don't have a leg to stand on.
your right maybe he didnt exactly say he wanted out but it was reported numerous times that when steve moore was getting medical attention he said something to the effect of why did the coach keep putting me out i told him they were going after me. i didnt want to go out their anymore. anyway everyone who was watching the game saw the canucks kept going after Moore so why did the coach keep putting him out? what was moore doing out their with the score 9-2. bertuzzi made a horrible mistake. its like if u go to a bad area of a city and take a shot at someone and then come back their next week and keep getting challenged by thugs and then u keep coming back to that area and eventually get the censored kicked out of you or get shot. the other people are in the wrong and desrve to get punished but why the censored did u keep going back to that area. u and whoever sent u have to take some responsibility for what happened to yourself.
That could possibly be the worst analogy ever.
your are probably right. i do have some other bad ones i like to use also.im not defending bertuzzi. im just pointing out that the colorado coach and moore also contributed to what happened. im not saying moore deserved it or anything like that. everything i have said is correct but u keep ignoring the fact that i have a valid point. why is moore still pissed at the coach and the organization? because moore is pissed that he kept sending him out. dont try and act like the colorado coach didnt see what was happening. the coach is the same fool who got suspended for 15 games when he played in the NHL for some kind of vicious slash.
your are probably right. i do have some other bad ones i like to use also.im not defending bertuzzi. im just pointing out that the colorado coach and moore also contributed to what happened. im not saying moore deserved it or anything like that. everything i have said is correct but u keep ignoring the fact that i have a valid point. why is moore still censored at the coach and the organization? because moore is censored that he kept sending him out. dont try and act like the colorado coach didnt see what was happening. the coach is the same fool who got suspended for 15 games when he played in the NHL for some kind of vicious slash.
Ah, and we've come full circle, back to my original point. You're blaming the victim for "allowing" it to happen... which is exactly the same as blaming a woman who was raped for allowing it to happen because she wore a short skirt and heels. Moore's job is (make that WAS, Bertuzzi ended the "is" part of it forever) to go out on the ice and play hockey. Is he supposed to stop doing his job because someone wants to hurt him? I'm sure he had no idea of the extreme measures Bertuzzi was willing to go to achieve "revenge"... had he known he would end up never playing hockey again, I'm sure he would have stayed on the bench, because in THAT case, caution is the better part of valour... but he didn't know what Bertuzzi was going to do, and he's not a coward, so he didn't stay on the bench.You continue to say Moore is angry at the organization, Moore didn't want to go on the ice, and on and on... show me a quote from any legitimate source to that effect.
your are probably right. i do have some other bad ones i like to use also.im not defending bertuzzi. im just pointing out that the colorado coach and moore also contributed to what happened. im not saying moore deserved it or anything like that. everything i have said is correct but u keep ignoring the fact that i have a valid point. why is moore still censored at the coach and the organization? because moore is censored that he kept sending him out. dont try and act like the colorado coach didnt see what was happening. the coach is the same fool who got suspended for 15 games when he played in the NHL for some kind of vicious slash.
Ah, and we've come full circle, back to my original point. You're blaming the victim for "allowing" it to happen... which is exactly the same as blaming a woman who was raped for allowing it to happen because she wore a short skirt and heels. Moore's job is (make that WAS, Bertuzzi ended the "is" part of it forever) to go out on the ice and play hockey. Is he supposed to stop doing his job because someone wants to hurt him? I'm sure he had no idea of the extreme measures Bertuzzi was willing to go to achieve "revenge"... had he known he would end up never playing hockey again, I'm sure he would have stayed on the bench, because in THAT case, caution is the better part of valour... but he didn't know what Bertuzzi was going to do, and he's not a coward, so he didn't stay on the bench.You continue to say Moore is angry at the organization, Moore didn't want to go on the ice, and on and on... show me a quote from any legitimate source to that effect.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/columnist.j...223_143000_5036heres the main part
Then there's the role the Avalanche played in all this.In court on Wednesday, Bertuzzi's lawyer, Len Doust, noted Moore's comment to the ambulance driver as he was being taken to hospital. "He said, 'I told the coach not to play me anymore. They've already had four or five runs at me,' ," Doust said.

I love the idea of no ties, but maybe after 4 on 4 they should go on to 3 on 3 and then go to the shootout. I am not completely sure how great the 3 on 3 would be, but I think that they could at least try it out in the AHL. I see 3 on 3 being entertaining though just because the 4 on 4 hockey is better than the 5 on 5 so why wouldnt the 3 on 3 be even better than the 4 on 4.

Then there's the role the Avalanche played in all this.In court on Wednesday, Bertuzzi's lawyer, Len Doust, noted Moore's comment to the ambulance driver as he was being taken to hospital. "He said, 'I told the coach not to play me anymore. They've already had four or five runs at me,' ," Doust said.
So do any quotes exist directly from Moore, or only a supposed paraphrase from the guy responsible for defending the accused?
So do any quotes exist directly from Moore, or only a supposed paraphrase from the guy responsible for defending the accused?
huh i knew it. u are one of those people who just cant except something after i give u proof . so i made it up eh? dont be a fool next time and make sure u know what u are talking about before u say someone made it upif doesnt matter if i get ten more u will still try and find stuff wrongalso it said he said 'I told the coach not to play me anymore. They've already had four or five runs at me,

Moore's comment to the ambulance driver as he was being taken to hospital. "He said, 'I told the coach not to play me anymore. They've already had four or five runs at me,' ,"i think they interviewed the ambulance driver. if it was untrue steve moores lawyer would have said something or the ambulance driver would have said it didnt happen.

Moore's comment to the ambulance driver as he was being taken to hospital. "He said, 'I told the coach not to play me anymore. They've already had four or five runs at me,' ,"i think  they interviewed the ambulance driver. if it was untrue steve moores lawyer would have said something or the ambulance driver would have said it didnt happen.
That article was written before there was ever even a lawsuit.And if I typed in here "So last week, I saw Albert Pujols, and his comment to his waiter was 'I really am actually 37 years old.'" would that make it true, just because I said "Pujols's comments"?

what u dont seem to understand is that this was widely reported in the news, in newspapers and on sports talk shows. the days after the punch more didnt even want to see the coach or some of the players. trust me if this wasnt true steve moore would have said so. when people asked him he and his lawyer say no comment were not going to discuss that. they have never once denied it.

Bottem line is that it doesn't matter if Moore wanted to be on the ice or not. All that matters is that Bertuzzi took a cheap shot at Moore and ended his career. Sure he didn't intend to end it, but he sure as hell wanted to hurt him and he should suffer the consequences for his actions, he is lucky to still be able to play.

Bottem line is that it doesn't matter if Moore wanted to be on the ice or not. All that matters is that Bertuzzi took a cheap shot at Moore and ended his career. Sure he didn't intend to end it, but he sure as hell wanted to hurt him and he should suffer the consequences for his actions, he is lucky to still be able to play.
i agree. i think his punishment was the right amount but i dont think he should be susupended any more games. if he gets another 10-2o games its only so the NHL looks good. its 100% bertuzzi's fault but u have to question the judgement of the colorado coach and at least admit he contrubuted to the circumstances that lead to the sucker punch