stake for 7 stud

It depends. The lower the ante the better. Party Poker has a .25 ante on their .5/1 tables which is a ridiculously large ante. The absolute minimum you should sit with is 40x the small bet. So on a .5/1 the small bet is .5 so you should sit with at least $20. I usually sit with anything from $25-50 depending on what I am trying to do. The swings you will experience in 7-stud are much large than in Hold'em so your bankroll should probably be larger for stud. Right now I am playing on a very small bankroll (~$115) because I had to take out a bunch of money for car repairs. Because of the short roll I am forced to play much tighter than I like to fold more in marginal situations. Ideally I would like to have about $300-400 to play at the .5/1 tables, but that is just what I would like to have to be comfortable.

I am just wondering with the ante, i am a holdem player so this ante thing is all new to me
The ante for .50/1.00 is only .05 at PStars, Paradise has no ante at that limit, at least for stud h/l. I usually sit with $15 and rarely go broke. Stud probably has more swings so 20-25 may be better.But if you get down to $5 or lower I'd suggest reloading or leaving the table, you don't want to have a big hand and not win as much as possible because you run out of bets.
I am just wondering with the ante, i am a holdem player so this ante thing is all new to me
The ante for .50/1.00 is only .05 at PStars, Paradise has no ante at that limit, at least for stud h/l. I usually sit with $15 and rarely go broke. Stud probably has more swings so 20-25 may be better.But if you get down to $5 or lower I'd suggest reloading or leaving the table, you don't want to have a big hand and not win as much as possible because you run out of bets.
$5 is too low - I always rebuy or leave if I drop to around 15BB or less. I usually sit down with at least - you can occasionaly get that much in on one hand if you end up with something like a big full house against an underfull.

hey thanks guys, I noticed that PP ante was a little crazy but I think my next stop is going to be Pstars or paradise? Are there more or less donks in the split games?

I like at least 500x the big bet for stud. That's just me though. I'm also 350x + for holdem. Early in my online playing, I played on too small a bankroll and went broke a couple of times, so I'm trying to avoid that problem in the future by upping my bankroll requirements.