Should I fold to the fist bet on 5th? I think I should have - It almost has to be either a very live four flush, or else two pair. Seat 7's raise confused the hell out of me; it only makes sense if he started with the other two jacks, so I figured he was probably just overplaying something.I think the river value bet was the right play.7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 3rd Street - (0.75 SB)Seat 2: xx xx 4:diamond: ___callsSeat 4: xx xx A:diamond: ___callsSeat 5: xx xx Q:spade: ___callsHero: 9:diamond: 9:heart: K:club: ___callsSeat 7: xx xx 6:club: ___callsSeat 8: xx xx 3:diamond: ___brings-in4th Street - (3.75 SB)Seat 2: xx xx 4:diamond: 6:heart: ___callsSeat 4: xx xx A:diamond: 5:club: ___checks ___callsSeat 5: xx xx Q:spade: 3:club: ___checks ___callsHero: 9:diamond: 9:heart: K:club: 8:club: ___betsSeat 7: xx xx 6:club: 2:diamond: ___callsSeat 8: xx xx 3:diamond: 2:heart: ___folds5th Street - (4.38 BB)Seat 2: xx xx 4:diamond: 6:heart: J:diamond: ___callsSeat 4: xx xx A:diamond: 5:club: 4:spade: ___foldsSeat 5: xx xx Q:spade: 3:club: 3:spade: ___bets ___callsHero: 9:diamond: 9:heart: K:club: 8:club: 6:diamond: ___calls ___callsSeat 7: xx xx 6:club: 2:diamond: J:heart: ___raises6th Street - (12.38 BB)Seat 2: xx xx 4:diamond: 6:heart: J:diamond: T:spade: ___betsSeat 5: xx xx Q:spade: 3:club: 3:spade: K:spade: ___checks ___callsHero: 9:diamond: 9:heart: K:club: 8:club: 6:diamond: A:club: ___checks ___callsSeat 7: xx xx 6:club: 2:diamond: J:heart: 8:spade: ___checks ___callsRiver - (16.38 BB)Seat 2: xx xx 4:diamond: 6:heart: J:diamond: T:spade: xx ___callsSeat 5: xx xx Q:spade: 3:club: 3:spade: K:spade: xx ___checks ___foldsHero: 9:diamond: 9:heart: K:club: 8:club: 6:diamond: A:club: 9:club: ___betsSeat 7: xx xx 6:club: 2:diamond: J:heart: 8:spade: xx ___callsTotal pot: (19.38 BB)

Do you realize how vulerable pocket nines are in a multiway pot? You could easily already be behind, and in the lose games you've been describing, people are calling, and sticking around. With a hand like yours, you should have either raised if some one bet in front of you wiht the intent of driving people out of the pot, or just checked. You should not have called a bet on fifth. all you have is nines. You have no re draws, and pairing your king is the only card that would give you a good two pair. Shitty draw multiway, lay it down. Small pairs like nines are SHITTY in multiway pots. You want to be able to see as many streets cheaply as possibly untill you improve, because you will HAVE To improve with small, shitty pairs. If you have not improved by fifth, andy ou can't knock people out, and you have no re draws ( which you didn't) then you should fold. I would rather have AKQ or KQJ, or ANY three suited cards than nine nine multiway.

I wouldve folded on fourth street, and if not there, definately on fifth street when the open pair bets, unless you have something like KQ to go with your nines, then you'll be getting the right price to call and improve, but not with a bare K. Chip Reese says, if you don't feel comfortable with your hand 0n fourth, you should almost always give it up, because once fifth comes around, in too many situations you will be priced in.

Fold on 5th.I don't hate the bet on 4th. It's worth a shot, maybe you push a pair of tens out (even though at low stakes online it won't). 5th you've got a pair of 9s against 4 players, and no redraws worth mentioning. Seems like it's time to get out of dodge.