im a bit iffy about this move (nl mtt)

The background goes like this:Its the final 40ish of a $30 MTT w/ 600 people top 70 get paid. Blinds are at 500/1000 and the Avg stack is at 1200'ish. I just get moved from a pshyco table where I just doubled up (when I was extremely shortstack). I find myself at a table where most of the people have -10k in chips (BTW, our veryown BMWguy was at that table) my first hand is KK and w/ my 5000 stack I push and only manage to steal the blinds. after that I push once more, and steal again so now Im at 7,500. Im UTG and I get 33 I look around at a table that is playing tight, and see that w/ my stack If im not busting someone Im hurting them pretty bad (only 1 big stack) I decide to push for the 3rd time in half a round of blinds. Good push?? I have my doubts, because I think I couldve folded and waited for a better hand, or better position. My intentions were not to move up the money ladder, but to get a healthy stack and try to win the thing. So I dont know if pushing w/ 33 is good UTG or not.P.S. I had a similar situation in the last tourney that I played but w/ 44 and I busted on the bubble.. thats why I want to see what you guys think.

I freaking hate this situation. You pick up a good hand or two and push them...and then you pick up a marginal one. You're a lot more likely to get called this time. It's just a matter of whether you want a coin flip (though you'll often be a dog also). Honestly, I might've folded there and waited for better position in the next round.

I made the same type of play recently in an SNG under similar circumstances (I'd been pushing alot recently, and built up my stack unconstested, and got busted with a low pp). After a bit of thinking, I realized what a bad move it was.With a M of about 5, you're desperate, but can wait at least 1 more round before you start stealing again. You just moved to this table, and have gone all-in twice in the past couple hands, so someone is definetly looking to play sherriff and call. If they call, youre a coinflip at best, and a big dog at worse. I would like this play a lot more if you had two big cards, or if you hadn't pulled this play at this table yet. Then you wouldn't have to worry that much about small pairs calling.If you can keep stealing about twice a round you'll gradually build up your stack. You may even double up. Wait for a better opportunity.

Pushing w/ 33 here is a bad bad play. After pushing so often you have given a loose image and therefore more people will be willing to call w/ marginal hands. The problem for you is any marginal hand is 50/50, or if one of eight people behind you has any PP (besides 22) you are a 4 to 1 dog. So, by pushing with 33 you are hoping everyone folds, but there are 8 hands behind you and with your image you'd probably be called by like A9 or better.It is just way to likely you will get called and your HOPING to be a coinflip. Bad situation. Wait, pay the blinds, because even if you lose those two hands you still have 5k on the button and can steal much easier or wait for a quality hand.Just my opinion tho.

Read Harrington on Holdem. It explains how your M will affect your decisions, as well as your opponents. Plus, the fact that you pushed a couple of times in a row without resistance hurts you, as eventually someone is either going to get a good hand, or get fed up with your antics. pushing more than twice in a row is a no-no IMO, unless you have a top ten% hand the third time... 8)