nothing to 3400****

all from that 10 dollars from powerplayer. i currently little over 3400 on UB since i deposited the money i won from powerplayer ::50 dollars:: i've been playing nl 2-4 and the game is pretty soft. once in a while i play nl 5-10. crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. i already took out 1kteneightID: teneight1084

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go broke?? nah. i sit with 100 at the 2-4 table. usually get out over 300. i already took out 1k and planning to take out another 1k tomorrow. then just move down to .50-1nl and maybe some 1-2 nlteneight

go broke?? nah. i sit with 100 at the 2-4 table. usually get out over 300. i already took out 1k and planning to take out another 1k tomorrow. then just move down to .50-1nl and maybe some 1-2 nlteneight
when you sit with 100 what strategy do you use to build up to 300?

I usually play the short handed table. I look around to try and find a aggressive player or even a maniac. table selectiong is the key to be successful. THE KEY!!! and just sit to his right and wait till he doubles me up when i get a hand. just my game. Steal/bluff here and there whe the time is right. tight aggressive image works well. never ever sit at a game were all the players are good because you can always find an easy table and make your money there. if you like good competition, then sit at the table with good players, but poker is about making money. find the right table that fits you, and you should do fineteneight

I usually play the short handed table. I look around to try and find a aggressive play and just sit to his right and wait till he doubles me up when i get a hand. just my game. Steal/bluff here and there whe the time is right. tight aggressive image works well. teneight
with only 25bbs you have to wait for big hands and push them hard
I usually play the short handed table. I look around to try and find a aggressive play and just sit to his right and wait till he doubles me up when i get a hand. just my game. Steal/bluff here and there whe the time is right. tight aggressive image works well. teneight
I concur w/ u on this theory. The key is finding the most aggressive table i.e. the most obscure average pot size. Watch for a few rounds to get a feel then Pick ur Clown and make some money. Nice run teneight.

your method does work.... my boy mike likes to call the people that sit with about the min. to double up "short stack superstars"I used to do that in the stars 5/10 game, made some nice change, then I started sitting with 1k and you can call the small pp and set up and stack them for over a 2k pot. Though it is more difficult to play with a big stack. So since it is all about money, you might as well do what's working for you. Because you def. wouldn't feel good about losing 1k with AA or KK. Only really good players can play with deep stacks, no cut on you, but it's the truth.GL... hope i don't double you up on stars, i hate short stacks now

Nice grats dude I turned 250 on Full tilt into 12.5k I started playing 1/2 nl and pl omaha then moved to 2/4 then 5/10 and played some 15/30 limit and stuff all shorthanded pretty good for just 4 days work.

Isn't it amazing how many poker players have turned water into wine
Yeah but there are many others turning wine back into water. So it works both ways. :club:

how do you guys do this is there a lot of luck or are you guys just great poker players cuz i know ive been grinding out the .05/.10 NL tables for 10 bucks a day and i read this crap lik 10$-3400!!!!!!!!!!!! and i get pissed and then deppressed so how!!!

how do you guys do this is there a lot of luck or are you guys just great poker players cuz i know ive been grinding out the .05/.10 NL tables for 10 bucks a day and i read this crap lik 10$-3400!!!!!!!!!!!! and i get censored and then deppressed so how!!!
It's ridiculous in the long term. Anyone who does this is gambling, not playing poker.Sure, he made a bunch of money, but he could lose every cent in one day.There was a guy on the NWP forums that ran 40 bucks into 20k and lost it all over the course of a few days.It's probably best to keep excercising the habits you already have grinding out .05/.10 nl. I know I've never heard of a decent pro building his roll in a day. It's a crazy game a lot of amateurs play, but it won't last long for them.CT
Isn't it amazing how many poker players have turned water into wine
Yeah but there are many others turning wine back into water. So it works both ways. :club:
I've been turning water into lightly carbonated water, so I figure I'm doing pretty well. :D
how do you guys do this is there a lot of luck or are you guys just great poker players cuz i know ive been grinding out the .05/.10 NL tables for 10 bucks a day and i read this crap lik 10$-3400!!!!!!!!!!!! and i get censored and then deppressed so how!!!
Plus, some of these posters (not all I am sure but CERTAINLY some)are absolutely full of crap.According to poker site managers (this is taken straight from jackpot jay's latest article):Slightly under 10% of ALL online poker players are making a profit each year. Now I am sure much of these 10% are on sites like FCP because they are smart enough to understand and discuss strategy and use it to take advantage of the vast supply of idiots out there playing cards.But, some of them are just full of crap.

i seriously had a sick run in the past 4-5 days. I like to be that "short stacked superstar" at the table and just look for the clown to double me up. if i lose my buy in, big deal, it was close to the min. i really can't sit there with a big stack yet since i don't want to run into AA when i KK ..or someone hitting his trips with pocket 4's. i always slow play my big pairs in short handed tables when the aggressor raises PF.i took out 2500 total as of now and have 825 on my UB account. 2500 all thanks to POWERPLAYER.com ::hehe:: i will play 2-4 nl and some tournaments ::maybe even the 200+15 tournament with 100k guaranteed. on sunday::: from now on is go big or go home even though i already pocketed 2500 dollars. so even if i lose my remaining 825, i'm still a winner. teneightps. gl at the table

I call it "newbie poker math". It 's quite funny to read all the talk floating around here about EV, ROI, pot odds, implied odds, etc. Most people hear these terms and misunderstand them, read them and misunderstand them, see them on there cool little poker plug-ins, or have no idea what they're talking about. But I digresss."Newbie poker math" is this: You spend $50 a month in deposits, because you can't crack the no-limit .02/.04 game. After getting lucky and winning a couple of Stars satellites and grabbing a quick $215 in tourney dollars, you win few $5 or $10 SNG's and suddenly find you don't have to deposit this month, and this game isn't so hard. You move up to the .25/.50 game and get wiped out. So you start over, and continue your cycle, which is playing beyond your means, and getting just lucky enough to keep playing, convinced you're a super system auther to be. If you want to understand newbie poker math:Deposits = $600$215 x 6 (Satellite winnings over the course of a year, someone could place 6x in a $3 rebuy satellites)) = $12901 in 10 $5 SNG's = $22.50x10= $222.50So, take, these numbers and work out the NPM winnings. The formula is this:SNG's + Satwins - Deposit amount = Total winnings for the year222.5+1290(TD)-600=$912.50 in winnings. Now, mind you, this has not taken into consideration any type of buy-ins, or losing sessions. But even so, $900 is hardly that impressive. So we get to the newest theory in math, the NPM concept of the unknown quantity, which will be represented by the value (BS). It is important to realize that BS is a hard concept to grasp, because it is truly up to the affected person to come up with this quantity. It is usually used to enhance the level of supposed win to one that is socially accepted. However, in this community, huge wins are the norm, so the value of (BS) goes up tremendously. In our previous example, using our alleged winnings of $912.50 and adding a factor of (BS) we come up with answers on par with:My buddy made $1000 in half and hour at the $5/10 game;I bought in at Stars for $50 and in 1 week turned into $10,000;I play 8 games at once, and it's really profitable, I average about 100BB an hour.I'm really waylaying these fish in the .01/.02 game at Stars, I'm up over $1000 this week.So, in our example: $912.5 + (BS) the total winnings for the year are just under $10,000.

Nice grats dude I turned 250 on Full tilt into 12.5k I started playing 1/2 nl and pl omaha then moved to 2/4 then 5/10 and played some 15/30 limit and stuff all shorthanded pretty good for just 4 days work.
Wow. I'll assume you aren't exaggerating.That has to be the luckiest 4 day run in the history of online poker.
Wow. I'll assume you aren't exaggerating.That has to be the luckiest 4 day run in the history of online poker.
i could see it being true. it only took me 4 days to turn 50 dollars into 3400, and i didnt play all day. averaged about 5-6 hrs a day.teneight