just met chris moneymaker

Just met Chris Moneymaker at Trick Shots (a local pool hall/bar)...They have the Amateur Poker League going on there, and he has been working closely with the APL and Canadian Club...Moneymaker was incredibly friendly and autographed cards/chips/shirts/etc. for people all night...even while he was playing at the tables. He took over 100 pictures for people also. Guy was definitely a class act. My hat's off to him.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just met Chris Moneymaker at Trick Shots (a local pool hall/bar)...They have the Amateur Poker League going on there, and he has been working closely with the APL and Canadian Club...Moneymaker was incredibly friendly and autographed cards/chips/shirts/etc. for people all night...even while he was playing at the tables. He took over 100 pictures for people also. Guy was definitely a class act. My hat's off to him.
since he's working with them...don't you think it's....his job to be friendly like that?
WHO?

Wow. I just met a high school lineman that is committed to Michigan. Neither is too special.I also met a guy outside of 7/11 that claimed to be Jesus. You met a guy who claimed to be a poker player.

Oh, and by the way, he's very short... about 5'7"....and probably weighs about 160 lbs... Definitely a smaller guy than I thought...Asked him if he played exclusively at Pokerstars, and he jokingly said "of course...have to because of my contract"...but then admitted that he plays on a variety of internet sites...

since he's working with them...don't you think it's....his job to be friendly like that?
Of course they'd like him to be friendly, but he definitely went above and beyond...He was smiling and joking with everyone...Didn't complain at all about people constantly surrounding him and asking for autographs...And signed and took pictures for everyone there...

i dont get all the mm bashing....ppl say he got totally lucky when he won the wsop..ok , yes he did..so has every winner that has ever won the wsop..what has he done since, very little to be honest..i know he did come in 2nd in a wpt event<actually was a bad beat away from beating gordon>...the average online player has more in common with mm than phil ivey or even dn for that matter....why do people hate him so much? he never claimed to be the god of poker..call him whatever you want ,but ive heard he's a nice guy thathas overcome some problems and come out the other side...sounds like a lot of jealous people wishing they sucked as bad as mm..

i dont get all the mm bashing....ppl say he got totally lucky when he won the wsop..ok , yes he did..so has every winner that has ever won the wsop..what has he done since, very little to be honest..i know he did come in 2nd in a wpt event<actually was a bad beat away from beating gordon>...the average online player has more in common with mm than phil ivey or even dn for that matter....why do people hate him so much? he never claimed to be the god of poker..call him whatever you want ,but ive heard he's a nice guy thathas overcome some problems and come out the other side...sounds like a lot of jealous people wishing they sucked as bad as mm..
Well said Mr. Iveyfan30.
Well said Mr. Iveyfan30.
I second that. I've never met the man, so I can't say anything negative about him. Then again, let me win the ME and I don't give a damn about what anyone says about me, cuz I'm rich biznitch!!!! Sure he got lucky, blah blah blah, leave the man alone..haters I tell ya, haters.

wow, it's one thing to bash his play, whatever. but to sound off after someone mentions he was a decent guy in person, you kids really love to hate. rather juvenile, ya think?

Wow. I just met a high school lineman that is committed to Michigan. Neither is too special.I also met a guy outside of 7/11 that claimed to be Jesus. You met a guy who claimed to be a poker player.
I really don't understand the monemaker hate.....The guy might or might not be a good player....BUT...you can't argue that he did tons for the popularity of POKER.

The only thing I didn't like about MM is that he said that "He wouldn't quit his job if he won, since he loves what he does. His life wouldn't change in the fact of the money."Divorced his wifeQuit his jobLast I heard (Not official) he was going with some young bimbo or somthing of that nature.So I feel that he is not a 'class act' guy as a few of you say. Now you can say you 'met' him and whatnot, and he might have been nice and such, but have you walked in his shoes and seen his actions and changes once he won that money?Now for the flaming on Moneymaker's play.... well.. He is a DECENT poker player, even though it hurts me to admit it. He knows how to pick up tells, execute bluffs (his main strategy) and plays on weakness with his opponent. MM is DEFINATLY not a great poker player, but he is average enough.. But I still don't like him, and I gave reasons for it, so :club:

The only thing I didn't like about MM is that he said that "He wouldn't quit his job if he won, since he loves what he does. His life wouldn't change in the fact of the money."Divorced his wifeQuit his jobLast I heard (Not official) he was going with some young bimbo or somthing of that nature.So I feel that he is not a 'class act' guy as a few of you say. Now you can say you 'met' him and whatnot, and he might have been nice and such, but have you walked in his shoes and seen his actions and changes once he won that money?Now for the flaming on Moneymaker's play.... well.. He is a DECENT poker player, even though it hurts me to admit it. He knows how to pick up tells, execute bluffs (his main strategy) and plays on weakness with his opponent. MM is DEFINATLY not a great poker player, but he is average enough.. But I still don't like him, and I gave reasons for it, so :club:
that is incredibly stupid my friend.first of all, big fucking deal if he divorced his wife. what if his wife was a stupid whore? you have no idea what motivated him to divorce his wife, so you definitely can't judge him for that.he quit his job. so? who wouldn't quit their job if they had the money? is that somehow a bad thing? he was an accountant! its not like he was a really important doctor or a man with a lifetime passion for music. he was an accountant. big deeeeeeeeeeeal.ok 2 down 1 to go. "last i heard, he was with some bimbo". hmmm. well, lets see, do you know if thats true? who is the bimbo? maybe shes nice? maybe you are a judgemental idiot? have you met the guy? no. shut your mouf.

i totally agree with iveyfan. i mean if any of us had a nice run and won the main event, everyone would be talking shit about us. but some feel the need to say he sucks since he did win. i'm sure we are all "the best in our home game and win all the time on the internet." so if you win the main event one day and never win another tourney are you the sh itti est player on earth. i don't think so. he never said he was doyle brunson.

that is incredibly stupid my friend.first of all, big fucking deal if he divorced his wife. what if his wife was a stupid whore? you have no idea what motivated him to divorce his wife, so you definitely can't judge him for that.he quit his job. so? who wouldn't quit their job if they had the money? is that somehow a bad thing? he was an accountant! its not like he was a really important doctor or a man with a lifetime passion for music. he was an accountant. big deeeeeeeeeeeal.ok 2 down 1 to go. "last i heard, he was with some bimbo". hmmm. well, lets see, do you know if thats true? who is the bimbo? maybe shes nice? maybe you are a judgemental idiot? have you met the guy? no. shut your mouf.
Now I am not a fan of insulting other posters, but I guess I could sink down to your level. 1. He divorced his wife because he wanted to pursue his poker career, NOT because she was a bitch, whore, etc. I could always use the (Well, how do you know if she is a whore, bimbo, etc) as you said, but I will just say you are wrong. It WAS because of the money, and if you look it up you could figure that out yourself instead of crying from a post and insulting me. 2. He quit his job because of his money, exactly. But I remember an interview saying "Well, I love my job too much to quit it". Maybe a reflection on the wife? Glad you get my point. 3. The girl is a golddigger man!! If you saw them together, and I HAVE seen her, then you would understand. I won't judge what you said on that, because you need to see the person as I did in order to understandEach point validates itself. It isn't a full-out stupid comment since evidence of pattern behavior shows. Thanks, and come again :D
The gist of what I was thinking. Mine may have been less blunt, but that's ok. hahaGood lord... If anything you should be saying he is stupid for saying his life would not change, despite the money. I'd quit my job, move to Oceanside, California and exclusively play music while living of the interest of my invested money. That would be a bit of a change from my full-time crap job while I try ot get all my bills paid so I can afford to go back to college. I wish I were Moneymaker. I'm sure he's laughing at you all who judge him.
Now I am not a fan of insulting other posters, but I guess I could sink down to your level. 1. He divorced his wife because he wanted to pursue his poker career, NOT because she was a censored, censored, etc. I could always use the (Well, how do you know if she is a censored, bimbo, etc) as you said, but I will just say you are wrong. It WAS because of the money, and if you look it up you could figure that out yourself instead of crying from a post and insulting me. 2. He quit his job because of his money, exactly. But I remember an interview saying "Well, I love my job too much to quit it". Maybe a reflection on the wife? Glad you get my point. 3. The girl is a golddigger man!! If you saw them together, and I HAVE seen her, then you would understand. I won't judge what you said on that, because you need to see the person as I did in order to understandEach point validates itself. It isn't a full-out stupid comment since evidence of pattern behavior shows. Thanks, and come again :D
HAHA, no really, that is your leak-proof argument? It's full of hear-say, personal opinion, and speculation. It is so unnecessary to judge everyone based on random bullshit you read somewhere on the Internet. You just sound like a giant douche of a human being. Just leave the guy alone. If you don't like him, keep it to your damn self. You sound so superficial and holier-than-thou it's sick. I'm not trying to insult you, though. I'm trying to enlighten you.