K, I had written the list and It got erased, here it goes again, these guys I think should have priority in case they do want to join. in no particular order:AkishoreKdawgWrto (dont think he'll join)AbsoluteSmash (prolly not joining)Vade SuitedupMarionSauceJaywebSteve7studzimmerRoyaltourPogueDKE_XP120SaphiretigerJustblazeJayboogieIveyfanlooshlePrtyPsux (thats me biatches)Custom36Econ_timRiseorfallDCwildcat (I think thats his S/N)the dude w/ the Ana kournikova avatar (Bean something)rocketwadsterand some others that Im probably forgetting. Most of us here are constantly trying to improve, we have a lot of points <--- [edit] I wrote points I meant posts..... and I think we are mostly good players. theres 25 (or so ) listed here but some obviously wont want to play. So if I forgot someone just add them, and If we need more players I guess we should just vote on them. Comments?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point I was trying to make earlier is that the means of selection needs to be correlated with poker ability. The length of time you have been a member and the number of posts you have made bears no relation to your poker ability. (As an aside, I do agree that length might be a screening criteria for the sole purpose of filtering out shills.) Your number of posts correlates to nothing relevant here. I have been a member of this forum since early May, and have been reading it literally since day 1. Does the fact that I've only posted 6 (now 7) times have any relevance in determining whether I'm a good player? Many of the posts here are silly, so I choose not to weigh in unless it's a problem that I feel is interesting and that I feel I have something unique to contribute. That shouldn't count against me.The panel evaluation system is problematic, again, because we all play on a variety of sites, and because we can't help who we know and who we don't. I only play UB because the tourney structure is the best around (playing any part of this on Stars is a horrendous idea - their structure quickly becomes a pushfest). So, anyone here who doesn't play regularly on UB won't know who I am. Plus, the panel will be biased (not intentionally of course) towards the players they know.If what we want is our "best 25 who want to play" then we need to settle it on the felt, period. Anything else is by design going to be selecting (or at least biased) towards some criteria that is irrelevant to one's ability. I think the idea of having a series of events is great. I'd be happy with just one, too, although variance and bad runs become a more significant factor.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm one of the best 25. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. All I'm asking is for a fair opportunity, and I don't see any way to do that short of having a qualifier or series of qualifiers.

i stopped reading after essay...sorry.
That's alright ivey. If I recall correctly, you're a Smiths fan, and therefore, I forgive you.
wow ty..usaully i get flamed for liking the smiths ...lol...
I get flamed for simply typing...lolAs for the Smiths, my friends look at me in bewilderment whenever I mention their name. Can you believe there are people, and we're talking about those who listen regularly to music, that don't know who the Smiths are?
i stopped reading after essay...sorry.
That's alright ivey. If I recall correctly, you're a Smiths fan, and therefore, I forgive you.
wow ty..usaully i get flamed for liking the smiths ...lol...
I get flamed for simply typing...lolAs for the Smiths, my friends look at me in bewilderment whenever I mention their name. Can you believe there are people, and we're talking about those who listen regularly to music, that don't know who the Smiths are?
yes, i believe it, but i don't want to know those people lol <sw>what did you think of the morrissey album?

yes, i believe it, but i don't want to know those people lol <sw> what did you think of the morrissey album?lol...I know too many of those peopleAs for the Morrissey album, You are the Quarry has been a regular listen for me since it came out and I think it is his best album in years. I haven't tired of listening to it after almost 8 months now (I think that is how long it's been out). Live at Earls Court is an amazing live album. After listening to it, I decided that his voice is getting even better with time. Good to hear some of the old Smiths songs too.

K, I had written the list and It got erased, here it goes again, these guys I think should have priority in case they do want to join. in no particular order:AkishoreKdawgWrto (dont think he'll join)AbsoluteSmash (prolly not joining)Vade SuitedupMarionSauceJaywebSteve7studzimmerRoyaltourPogueDKE_XP120SaphiretigerJustblazeJayboogieIveyfanlooshlePrtyPsux (thats me biatches)Custom36Econ_timRiseorfallDCwildcat (I think thats his S/N)the dude w/ the Ana kournikova avatar (Bean something)rocketwadsterand some others that Im probably forgetting. Most of us here are constantly trying to improve, we have a lot of points <--- [edit] I wrote points I meant posts..... and I think we are mostly good players. theres 25 (or so ) listed here but some obviously wont want to play. So if I forgot someone just add them, and If we need more players I guess we should just vote on them. Comments?
the problem is you are basicly saying that these members are more important then any other members. the last time i checked their is more then 25-30 members of fcp. if u are haveing a post count/popularity contest then someone should choose and this list is probably about right . but thats not what it says it is. it says fcp vs nwp therefore any one in fcp should have an equal chance.
And you made that list based on what?
I have some problems with this list as I don't think some of the names on it are deserving just because they post in strat. I'm not gonna name the names that aren't deserving, but that is a very subjective list. there has to be a way if we go the route of choosing a set 25 that is as fair as possible. I don't think a clique route is the way to go. I will say though that zimmer, suitedup, and pogue are very deserving if a list of 25 gets made at all. I do know that there is a poster on this site that does well in tournies and has made several final tables of the big buy-ins at various sites, I just don't remember his name off hand, but he would be deserving of being in himself
yes, i believe it, but i don't want to know those people lol <sw> what did you think of the morrissey album?lol...I know too many of those peopleAs for the Morrissey album, You are the Quarry has been a regular listen for me since it came out and I think it is his best album in years. I haven't tired of listening to it after almost 8 months now (I think that is how long it's been out). Live at Earls Court is an amazing live album. After listening to it, I decided that his voice is getting even better with time. Good to hear some of the old Smiths songs too.
i liked a few of the songs off the new album, but ever time i hear that voice im wanting to hear johhny maar on guitar...im not liking his back up band so much now..i believe they are all american, thats probably why lol...yes, i believe most of the great bands are from the u.k lol...
I really think we should play to determine who plays for us, its the fairest way.
if we had a 6-8 week head start then yes we could make a leaderboard and have a tourny or two a week and anyone who want to be involved in this would then have to play, but since we are on such short notice, playing our way in is just too much vairence to really determine who is deserving

as far as the list goes, i appreciate my name being on there, but i dont know how that list came to be..what qualifications are that based upon?somebody mentioned posting in strat, well i havent posted there, i do lurk..if that is a qualification then so be it..if i cant play , im cool with that, i just want to make sure we have a solid lineup against those neverbeen guys...

Guest XXEddie
you forgot the best player here!!!THE CONDISH!!!!when he open-farrells the nuts NVP would be so stupified the would kill themselves
I really think we should play to determine who plays for us, its the fairest way.
if we had a 6-8 week head start then yes we could make a leaderboard and have a tourny or two a week and anyone who want to be involved in this would then have to play, but since we are on such short notice, playing our way in is just too much vairence to really determine who is deserving
i still think it is better and more fair then just 1 person or a small group of members choosing who can play. i still think it should be open to everyone who is a member of fcp
i still think it is better and more fair then just 1 person or a small group of members choosing who can play. i still think it should be open to everyone who is a member of fcp
I'm all for a pure open tourny, it really is the fairest way. just having one tourny decide who can play or not is just too open to vairence

I don't regularly play on PS but I would like to play in this and would transfer some money over there. I haven't had the good fortune of finding this place till recently but better late than never. Let me know if I can jump in on this

Mr Monkey..Don't take this the wrong way, but are you a liberal? A serious question I'm not flaming, joking, being a dick.. Just curious.
no. if i lived in the US i would be a republican.
Mr Monkey..Don't take this the wrong way, but are you a liberal? A serious question I'm not flaming, joking, being a dick.. Just curious.
no. if i lived in the US i would be a republican.
Didn't even look at the British Columbia Thing.Allright well I'm back OUT of this discussion, if you all need me for anything involved w/ this just let me know and I'll be sure to pipe in