luck trumps skill in this game.

It's funny how many of you feel that DN is a lock no matter who he is up against. I love DN and his style, but I think that even he isn't so thick as to think that he has got a strangle-hold on poker. You need look no further than this years WSOP in 2004 he was Player of the Year. This year 2 cashes in how many tourneys 20 maybe? The cards wouldn't come, and no amount of skill is going to change the cards you are dealt. The best players simply know how to get the maximum amount of chips out of the good hands they are dealt. They are also able to limit their losses when the cards are not good, for a little while anyway, until the blinds start forcing them to take chances they would otherwise not take. DN you are my favorite and I always root for you. Play Good.

It's funny how many of you feel that DN is a lock no matter who he is up against. I love DN and his style, but I think that even he isn't so thick as to think that he has got a strangle-hold on poker. You need look no further than this years WSOP in 2004 he was Player of the Year. This year 2 cashes in how many tourneys 20 maybe? The cards wouldn't come, and no amount of skill is going to change the cards you are dealt. The best players simply know how to get the maximum amount of chips out of the good hands they are dealt. They are also able to limit their losses when the cards are not good, for a little while anyway, until the blinds start forcing them to take chances they would otherwise not take. DN you are my favorite and I always root for you. Play Good.
huh?
Umm. No shit. That's the point of the game.
Umm. No shit. That's the point of the game.
DEEP. VERY DEEP. I'M GOING TO GO BANG MY HEAD AGAINST A WALL NOW.

I think you all are being too hard on the original poster who's being deep and insightful and we're not giving him enough credit.Just look out for his next post:'The better hand always wins at showdown.'

You guys are all assholes.Original poster...good for you. Except you want him to play "well", not "good".
Who's the asshole now?CT
I'm glad the irony wasn't lost on you.
chindi  Post Posted: Wed, Jul 20th, 2005 3:34    Post subject:I think you all are being too hard on the original poster who's being deep and insightful and we're not giving him enough credit.Just look out for his next post:'The better hand always wins at showdown.'
haha...that'll be another two minutes of my life that i won't get back.
brian67  Post Posted: Wed, Jul 20th, 2005 3:58    Post subject:Quote:chindiPost Posted: Wed, Jul 20th, 2005 3:34 Post subject:I think you all are being too hard on the original poster who's being deep and insightful and we're not giving him enough credit.Just look out for his next post:'The better hand always wins at showdown.'haha...that'll be another two minutes of my life that i won't get back.
ehh...i'll still probably read it. lol