The Theory is mine, but why didn't you just ask for our favorite hold'em books? With the exception of a few they are all just on hold'em. 8)

Small Stakes Hold'em.  How did that not make the list?
I'm wondering how the Theory didn't. That's the best book on poker in my opinion.
Small Stakes Hold'em.  How did that not make the list?
I'm wondering how the Theory didn't. That's the best book on poker in my opinion.
Good... No Great book, but Small Stakes Hold'em can turn anyone into a winning player just by following the ABC's.I do see your point though.

Okay, SSH, not on the list, TOP not on the list.I say the poll is void. Torch the OP. Charge!

its hard to narrow the books down to 'Best Poker Book' cuz a lot of books are targeted at different games/players. Brunson's SS1/SS2 is my pick, cuz it has a wide range of games, and good strategies. However, Harringtons Holdem might be just as useful, but his style of play is completely different from Doyle's (aggressive vs tight). A book that wasn't on the list but a very good book for Low Limit Holdem players is Lee Jones 'Winning Low Limit Holdem' or refered to as WLLHE. Peace :club:

its hard to narrow the books down to 'Best Poker Book' cuz a lot of books are targeted at different games/players. Brunson's SS1/SS2 is my pick, cuz it has a wide range of games, and good strategies. However, Harringtons Holdem might be just as useful, but his style of play is completely different from Doyle's (aggressive vs tight). A book that wasn't on the list but a very good book for Low Limit Holdem players is Lee Jones 'Winning Low Limit Holdem' or refered to as WLLHE. Peace :club:
Uh, what are you talking about? Aggression and tightness can't be compared against each other because they are two separated entitites. Both players are tight but Doyle plays his draws way more aggressive.

If Phil Gordon's Little Green Book makes this list then you might as well put on Ken Warren. :club: But seriously you are forgetting the Theory, the best book on general poker.