• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall it was OK. As for the poker, one of the plays that surprised me the most was Phil Ivey going in w/9-5. He couldn't have possibly thought Bellande, the chip leader at the time I believe, was going to fold any two cards there, and it seemed like Phil could have waited until the next hand to get something even slightly better than 9-5. I think he must have been bored, not digging the short stack thing, and was ready to play in some cash games, But hey, he's Phil Ivey, so who am I to talk, right?As for the production, only thing I didn't like was that they kept Norman Chad. IMHO, he's an moron, who knows next to nothing about the game of poker, and more importantly he really annoys the censored outta me. It's like everytime I hear him talk I want to shove a rusty nail through my ear drum. :evil: Couldn't they have replaced him with Shanna Hiatt... mmmmmmm...Heck they could replace him with one of those dogs playing poker from the ESPN commercial, and it would be much more entertaining. I did enjoy the part where he said he was growing "fond of Bellande..." no wonder he has so many problems with Ex-wives... he prefers loud mouth dudes.

I thought it was excellent coverage by ESPN. Good final table over all. Unfortunately for Jennifer her QQ got smoked by 9-10 os. Oh well thats poker.

anyone watch?i watched a little from harrahs last nigth with no sound and only watched between hands.  but i saw Jennifer bust in 2nd with an overpair to rivered trips.thoughts on the production?
One question, when was that game played live? The date if someone has it.

Agreed about Norman Chad. Tacky jokes, boring commentary and a useless personality. Its like they picked someone at the last minute and then realized, "oh shit, maybe this poker thing really is going to take off"Bellande made some really nice reads until the play on Lee with Lees made stt8t. Oops. Harmon played well and got lucky with her Q7 against Lees Q9 and then got hit by a reversal of fortune when her QQ got nailed on the river by Lees trips. That is poker.

Was Chad the moron who was giggling like a hyena every three seconds? Or was that a different poker show? I had to turn the channel on the hyena.

I think he is funny and not so full of him self. And one thing I really like about him is he doesn't say "WIRED PAIR" ever three hands like another putz on TV.What the **** is a "WIRED" pair anyway? I have never been good with home improvement. :wink:

anyone watch?i watched a little from harrahs last nigth with no sound and only watched between hands.  but i saw Jennifer bust in 2nd with an overpair to rivered trips.thoughts on the production?
I was played on March 20-22
Final table was way back on March 22nd. I remember "watching" it on Cardplayer, excited for hometown boy Doug Lee.

That event happened like last October!!! According to the ESPN schedule this years main event wont be broadcast till October. I dont get it. There is all this hype around the WSOP now....newspaper articles, tv coverage, etc....WHY wait another 3 months to show the main event. By then the only ones who will care will be people like us. And we are not enough to get the ratings up...they need the avergae joe shmoe to watch because he heard about it on ESPN or saw it in his local sports page. Can anyone explain this??? I understand the need for a delay....but 3 months??

I was played on March 20-22
You got plaaaaaaaaaaaaaayed! :roll: I only watched the last 45 minutes of it, but I thought it was decent. I think they show too much background of the players, but then again, it's nice to see a little about them.
Can anyone explain this???  I understand the need for a delay....but 3 months??
Lots and lots of editing to do is most of it. If you think the ratings would be a lot worse if it was on within a few weeks compared to in Oct, I think you are mistaken.Has anyone noticed all the other station's websites (ABC, si.com, NBC, etc.) are trying to spoil the drama for ESPN by having who won on their front page??
Lots and lots of editing to do is most of it. If you think the ratings would be a lot worse if it was on within a few weeks compared to in Oct, I think you are mistaken.Has anyone noticed all the other station's websites (ABC, si.com, NBC, etc.) are trying to spoil the drama for ESPN by having who won on their front page??
ABC owns ESPN, doubt they are trying to stop their ratings :club:

I watched last night, and overall I thought it was a good show. However, I have forgotten how annoying Norman Chad is. He really bugs the hell out of me. They definitely need a better personality along side the Lon McEahorn guy (Not sure on spelling) to really liven things up. I was rooting for Jennifer Harmon. Bummer her QQ got busted. Didnt like the Doug Lee guy. I think he misplayed his KK earlier when Bellande was still in it. Looking forward to next week though, but definitely not looking forward to seeing more commercials for the re-runs of TILT. :evil:

ABC owns ESPN, doubt they are trying to stop their ratings :club:
Yea, I think of that after I sent it...it was CBSsportsline.

I don't think you can complain that any other network was trying to ruin it for ESPN, considering I saw multiple updates on Sportscenter and ESPNews during the main event; including them announcing the winner.Also, Joseph Hachem appeared on ESPN 2's Cold Pizza show a couple of days after the main event.I think ESPN knows that people will want to watch, no matter if they know who won or not.

Doug Lee is a garbage player who would've ended up losing if he didn't river trips on harman. As for Norman Chad, it makes me wanna change the channel every time he speaks. He says the corniest jokes and knows jack about the game. If he says the ex-wife joke one more time ..... I thought the coverage by ESPN was great tho, they did well for the first tournament and I'm excited to watch the other events.

First of all, Norman Chad is a terrific announcer and is great for the WSOP. Second of all, most of the players at the final table were awful, only idiot donkeys slow play trip kings on the flop and turn with a straight and flush draw out there. Then there was the backwoods donkey who was short stacked with almost nothin left and lays down A-Q. Then the winner Doug Lee knew that he wasnt going to out play Harman so he just tried to get lucky, and he did. He was pratically having a seizure waiting for the river card.

For the record, Norman chad is to poker as AIDs is to the immune system. For all saying that he is a great commentator, may I ask you how? He consistantly misreads play, outs, etc. His comic relief is the furthest thing from comedy. Last year I started cracking up at his analysis of Josh Arieh when he busted out in 3rd in the ME. Stating that he was a good player that needed a whole lot of growing up to do personality wise. I would take VVP/Sexton over Chad/McEachern anyday of the week. I would rather have Lederer/Hellmuth for a mix of comedy relief and analysis however :club:

I thought it was excellent coverage by ESPN. Good final table over all. Unfortunately for Jennifer her QQ got smoked by 9-10 os. Oh well thats poker.
Good coverage, yes, but that Live Full Tilt spoiled me. I think it helps to see every hand, and espn might want to consider devoting enough time for the big events for live final tables, or at least unedited. Or at the very least only edit the down time in between hands so that we just see the "action." But it is nice to see the hands that get layed down, and the poker being played...not just the gambling.just my $.02
I would take VVP/Sexton over Chad/McEachern anyday of the week. I would rather have Lederer/Hellmuth for a mix of comedy relief and analysis however :club:
VVP/Sexton are to poker what Bellande was to the final table last night, annoying and obnoixus. I think Mceachern and Chad are great announcers and please quote to me the last time Chad mis-read a hand. He doesnt do the commentary live, so I know for a fact he doesnt mis-read a hand cause it would be corrected in editing. Anymore stupid complaints?