why does everybody dump on pokerroom???

*shrug*i have no problems with it, and haven't seen any (irregular amount of) flaming for it at all...aseem

Ok, so after lurking here for awhile and seeing everyone constantly bash pokerroom. I have to ask, flame away, but what is so bad about it? I've won there consistantly for a year, whats the problem there?????
i used to play at pokerroom...i guess i still do..just now thru betonbet.com which is like what empire is to party.except i get rake back...wee- Jordan
Ok, so after lurking here for awhile and seeing everyone constantly bash pokerroom. I have to ask, flame away, but what is so bad about it? I've won there consistantly for a year, whats the problem there?????
What do you play there that you're making money?

Pokerroom is my main site. I love the tournaments. The $50 dollar tourneys have a $4 vig instead of $5 like party, theres usually only about 150 - 250 ( at the most ) in any DECENT tourney i.e. $50 or $100. Some of them have GREAT blind structures too. The $50+4 "long kiss goodnight" tourney has 15 min levels, 1,500 starting chips and blinds start at 10/20. The grand III ( $1,000+ 0 MTT ) has 10,000 starting chips, 30 minute blind levels and its spread over 2 days. Thats a SHIT ton more play than you would get anywhere else.

My main problem with PokerRoom was that I'd play blackjack and lose my entire bankroll. :)I switched to Hollywood, which is the same thing, and enjoy it quite a bit. The 2-2 NL game is about as easy to beat as any game I've played. I find the players on the whole to be pretty bad. Peace,Jay

Pokerroom is my main site. I love the tournaments. The $50 dollar tourneys have a $4 vig instead of $5 like party, theres usually only about 150 - 250 ( at the most ) in any DECENT tourney i.e. $50 or $100. Some of them have GREAT blind structures too. The $50+4 "long kiss goodnight" tourney has 15 min levels, 1,500 starting chips and blinds start at 10/20. The grand III ( $1,000+ 0 MTT ) has 10,000 starting chips, 30 minute blind levels and its spread over 2 days. Thats a censored ton more play than you would get anywhere else.
What about the ring games though? I can't win a freakin limit session to save my damnl life over there!! Is it just me? Seriously, cause I think i've been playing well lately.and the tourney's you mentioned are decent, but the main structure they run isn't that great. And I got screwed out of a GT III sattelite last night and I'm still bitter about that donkey fest. I was the leader the whole time, and then the blinds got ridiculous with like 4 more to the money/seats... and the donkey's drew out on me like 4 hands in a row. I was trying to bust short stacks with good hands, and they just kept winning.
Pokerroom is my main site. I love the tournaments. The $50 dollar tourneys have a $4 vig instead of $5 like party, theres usually only about 150 - 250 ( at the most ) in any DECENT tourney i.e. $50 or $100. Some of them have GREAT blind structures too. The $50+4 "long kiss goodnight" tourney has 15 min levels, 1,500 starting chips and blinds start at 10/20. The grand III ( $1,000+ 0 MTT ) has 10,000 starting chips, 30 minute blind levels and its spread over 2 days. Thats a censored ton more play than you would get anywhere else.
What about the ring games though? I can't win a freakin limit session to save my damnl life over there!! Is it just me? Seriously, cause I think i've been playing well lately.and the tourney's you mentioned are decent, but the main structure they run isn't that great. And I got screwed out of a GT III sattelite last night and I'm still bitter about that donkey fest. I was the leader the whole time, and then the blinds got ridiculous with like 4 more to the money/seats... and the donkey's drew out on me like 4 hands in a row. I was trying to bust short stacks with good hands, and they just kept winning.
I've only played one limit session, and it was this past weekend. I flopped three sets in four hands and lost each time to a flush with four of the suit on the board. That was it for me for limit. :)I can't speak on those games, but the NL games are as soft and as passive as any I've ever seen.My roommate finished first, second, first in three consecutive 50 dollar tournies and at the final table, he crushed his opponents. I mean, he absolutely destroyed the final tables. And then I checked out the 10-20 NL game and the majority of the players were the same ones that he rolled over in the tourney.Peace,Jay
What do you play there that you're making money?
Only a college boy, so nothing huge, just 5 and 10 MTT's, won 11 in the past year. Nothing huge to live off of, but enough to have a good time without having to worry about hurting the rent and stuff.
I mean, he absolutely destroyed the final tables. And then I checked out the 10-20 NL game and the majority of the players were the same ones that he rolled over in the tourney.Peace,Jay
Yeah, I either get stuck at about the 5k - 7k mark in the tourneys, or go all the way. I don't think i've ever made a final table on pokerroom that I didn't win. Its just that damn 5k-7k hump that I find the most hard to get over. Usually theres a retardedly lucky f*ck with like 13k before the break, he always gets moved to my table and calls my re-raise with tens to my queens yadda yadda you know the story.
Yeah, I either get stuck at about the 5k - 7k mark in the tourneys, or go all the way. I don't think i've ever made a final table on pokerroom that I didn't win. Its just that damn 5k-7k hump that I find the most hard to get over. Usually theres a retardedly lucky f*ck with like 13k before the break, he always gets moved to my table and calls my re-raise with tens to my queens yadda yadda you know the story.
Yeah, I made it to the final 12 of their WSOP freeroll and got consecutive bad beats by an absolute idiot to take me from the chip leader to out of the tournament...KJ vs J10 and JJ vs 33. :)This thread is the first I've heard of their 1000 buy in. Have you done it?Jay
Yeah, I made it to the final 12 of their WSOP freeroll and got consecutive bad beats by an absolute idiot to take me from the chip leader to out of the tournament...KJ vs J10 and JJ vs 33. :)This thread is the first I've heard of their 1000 buy in. Have you done it?Jay
Nope, too rich for me... but the structure sounds GREAT for an online tourney. The last guy that won it took home about $123,000

Well, after I win the Legends of Poker next month, I'm not sure how much 100k will impact my life.Of course, on the off chance I don't win it, maybe this would be a good backup tournament to try and qualify for. ;)Jay

Well, after I win the Legends of Poker next month, I'm not sure how much 100k will impact my life.Of course, on the off chance I don't win it, maybe this would be a good backup tournament to try and qualify for. ;)Jay
There's a 2 step sattelite that isn't too hard. 1/10 get seats, which is good compared to some junk like party and 1/24 or 1/593 ya know? But you need to do it twice to get into the real thing. I guess you could just buy into the 2nd one for 100, but I'd rather start out at the $11 and take my chances. I was about 10 minutes away from moving on when all the donkeys started playing at me all at once. But I have no doubt I could get in if i wanted to try some more. Just not sure if I do. I get frustrated when I lose tournaments, so I am bitter, lol.

If you've seen anybody flaming Pokerroom it was probably me. :-) I use to be really good on pokerroom but one time I cashed out some money and after that I have a really hard time getting any hand to hold up. And I keep running into players in Sit 'n gos who know nothing about pot odds. Here come some storiesSNG, i'm the early chip leader with about 2300 in chips. I get JJ in late position, everyone folds to the guy in front of me who limps(which looked extremely weak to me and he has about 2100) so i make it 250 total to call and it folds around to him so now he has to call 200 to win a pot of 375(not quite getting 2-1 on his money) but he calls. The flop comes 10-7-3 rainbow and he bets 550 and I reraise him all in and he calls and turns up 10-6, a 10 comes on the turn and he wins knocking me down to 200 chips but I come back to get 3rd and get money.First off, I don't know why he even called with 10-6 and to make it worse I didn't even give him the odds to do it. Was my preflop raise to low or to high? I have a hard time judging how much I should raise if there is a limper in front of me. Didn't someone here say that you should add on an extra big blind for every limper? <-----Please answer this question.Next SNG, I'm again the chip leader against a guy who has maybe 200 chips less than me. I get queens and raise preflop, he reraises me and I reraise him and he calls. Flop comes JJ7 and he immediately goes all in and I call and he turns up 6s, turn comes the 6 and i'm down to 200 chips again but come back again to get 3rd. I don't know if I misplayed the above two hands but I honestly don't think I did, I just ran into a dumb call in the first 1st one and the second one was a risky play and bad luck combined. This is the end of my bad beat whining. :-) It's just dumb plays plus pokerroom screwing me over. If I would win when I"m a 94 percent favorite, 25 percent of the time I would have a lot more money on there then I do.I was watching one hand in a tournament that seriously made me laugh. Guy raised preflop and another guy reraised(with Queens) and the intial raiser reraised and the guy with the queens called. The flop comes all low cards and the guy with aces goes all in and here's what the guy with the queens said. Keep in mind that he would have a lot of chips left if he folded the queens but just watch what he said."I'm way behind here, I know you have aces. It's just an obvious hand, I know you have aces.......I call" .....um ok, he knows his opponent has aces and even says hes way behind yet he calls. Now the guy that he thought had aces only had 7s and he won but I just don't understand the thinking.MY RANT IS OVER.

That was my first site I ever played on. I lost my first 50 bones like... poof!I really like the fact that they had hot keys to use for playin. I wish every site would have the option to press a button to fold

Pokerroom is actually the only site I play on. I've played for about the past 6 months in the low limit ring games and SnGs (and every once in a while, i'll toss in a MTT). I ran my first ever online poker deposit of 10 dollars to nearly 100 in less than a week. I cashed out half of my winnings, and then watched the rest of my bankroll dwindle down to nothing. I did another deposit, made some profits, cashed out a little, and again saw my roll dwindle. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but I do find it a wee bit suspicious that whenever I cash out, I tend to lose at least a portion of whatever bankroll I left in pokerroom. But I bought this tin foil hat online that promised to keep my bankroll the same after my next cashout, so I think I'm good to go from here on out...

That was my first site I ever played on. I lost my first 50 bones like... poof!I really like the fact that they had hot keys to use for playin. I wish every site would have the option to press a button to fold
Yeah, its so much easier to cruise in a limit game just hitting F1 to fold, F2 to call and F3 to bet/raise then actually moving the mouse... lol
That was my first site I ever played on.   I lost my first 50 bones like... poof!I really like the fact that they had hot keys to use for playin.  I wish every site would have the option to press a button to fold
Yeah, its so much easier to cruise in a limit game just hitting F1 to fold, F2 to call and F3 to bet/raise then actually moving the mouse... lol
I've been called by some weird, weird hands that accidently hit that F2 button. :)Peace,Jay

I used to play Pokerroom all the time, but it got too popular for the software they were using, and the servers would crash all the time. Now I play Poker Stars which blows them out of the water, even though I'm sure they've upgraded their software/servers by now (haven't played there in about 6 months.)

I play at the Proom all the time. I like the format, chip stacks in SNG's etc. I play mostly .50-1 limit, and the games are soft for the most part, except that you run into the same people 3-4 tabling every day that actually know what they're doing. My swings in limit there are huge, I won like 90 BB in two days, then dumped 120 the next two, with the requisite two outers and river flushes crapping on my head. Plenty of horrible players who make me look like i know what I'm doing though. CM