This post may end up being long, I don't blame you if you don't read it.Cliff Notes - Thanks to everyone in strat for posting/discussing hands, I would probably be in debt if it weren't for you all.I started playing when I was 19. Started off with sit 'n go's and was around a break even player for 2 years or so. Now I'm 22 and last December I deposited a big whopping $35 into pokerroom got 2nd in a multi that got me around $300. I was stoked to say the least. I posted about my "big" score and asked what to do since I had never had that kind of money in my acount. The response I got from Smash was to go buy an xbox. That guy cracks me up, but I love his advice. Anyway I finally gave .50/$1 lhe a try. I hated it at first, I can't push people off hands yada yada...... I lost a little bit but stuck to it. Then I started reading the strat section and seeing how interesting and amazingly complex lhe can be. I saw the light so to speak and began to read everything I could on lhe. With so many successful lhe players posting I knew they were right about the game and I was wrong. I went through a stage where I thought I was God's gift to poker, what an idiot I was. I finally started posting hands realizing people could help me. Thanks to all that have, especailly Kdawg, wrto, Smash, Justblaze, and Akishore.I finally have a bankroll (750bb, I don't know why I'm scared to move up in limits, I use to not have a bankroll and play higher) and am able to play poker whenever I want. For those of you new to lhe, seriously just learn it. Thanks again everyone. (Including those not named)

how interesting and amazingly complex lhe can be.
amen.it never ceases to blow me away.aseem

Brando, move up dude, seiruosly, move the fuck up if you are that overrolled, 2/4 isn't that hard, just do it, you might be surprised at how easy it is

Brando, move up dude, seiruosly, move the censored up if you are that overrolled, 2/4 isn't that hard, just do it, you might be surprised at how easy it is
Well, if the money still means something to him at 2/4, that may not be the best idea. That's the only reason I'm not playing 3/6 - I still get upset if I have a decent sized downswing because the money still means something. Scared money don't make none.Though, if you are worried about the quality of play, KDawg's right. I don't think the skill level changes much until you hit 5/10.
Brando, move up dude, seiruosly, move the censored up if you are that overrolled, 2/4 isn't that hard, just do it, you might be surprised at how easy it is
I know, I know. I've been telling myself that too. I use to not have PT and before that played at sites that weren't PT compatible. So I'm gonna put in 10k hands at 1/2 and evaluate my play and make sure I'm ready.As for the money, it took me a while to get adjusted and I use to have this big fear of playing 1/2, once adjusted though it's fine. I normally 4 table so I'll probably play 3 1/2 and 1 2/4 table to ease into it.
I know, I know. I've been telling myself that too. I use to not have PT and before that played at sites that weren't PT compatible. So I'm gonna put in 10k hands at 1/2 and evaluate my play and make sure I'm ready.As for the money, it took me a while to get adjusted and I use to have this big fear of playing 1/2, once adjusted though it's fine. I normally 4 table so I'll probably play 3 1/2 and 1 2/4 table to ease into it.
i say get over the fear, its unfounded. just jump on in two tabling and you'll be fine. 2/4 is uber passive and cake. WHen I've played 5/10, I haven't had a problem playing it. Just make sure you are in a confident midset and you'll do fine
whoever thinks the play is better at 5/10 will be pleasently suprised.
:club:
seriously, all of the rock garden stories about party 5/10 full are unfounded, unfortunetly my step up also kinda coincided with my nasty ass downswing that I have had