waiting for the turn when hu (lhe)

Ive been doing this a lot more lately and it seems to be effective, I dont know if I should though. I do this when I get HU w/ strong hands, for instance, if I have aces and I raise in MP and only the BB calls, the flop comes J77 and BB bets I only call so I can get a raise in on the turn. Or I have AJs in the bb the button raises I 3 bet and he calls, the flop comes A69 I bet, he calls and on the turn I check, this usually ( I just checked some PT hands) makes my opponent bet regardless of what falls and then I raise. This might be standard for some of u guys but Im fairly new and getting better at LHE so I want to know if I should be doing this, especially the latter play which is a bit more risky. Thanks

You know how situational poker is, so you know that this is a hard question to answer without being wrong to some degree...So all I'll say is that waiting until the turn to raise in certain situations has made me a lot of extra money. Deciding when to wait for the turn to raise depends on a combination of your own hand strength, your read on your opponent, your opponent's general style of play, your position, and so on, and so on, with all these variables being interdependent. Some people get in the habit of doing all their raising on the flop to see where theyre at against their opponent, but a lot of these people spend way too much money on the flop trying to figure out whether or not they have the best hand when they really should be factoring in other information other than how much strength their opponent shows on the flop in making such a decision. Once you can put the pieces of the puzzle together without doing all your raising on the flop, you can make more money by waiting until the turn, and in some cases, until the river.Sorry if my response was a bit convoluted, but hopefully you get the jist: raising on the turn is good, but not always good.Hmmm, there's another classic "poker in a nutshell" statement.edit: I was short on time in writing that response, so I might add to it later, because I've left out a lot of important things that require more detail. If I add to it later, I'll give the thread a bump. I'll also respond to any comments I see in the thread, of course.

checking the turn to raise (ala HEPFAP) is outdated. Bet and hope to 3-bet.the only time i pull the bet then check/raise line is if I pull the same line wiht draws so I can add in some semi-bluffs.