the dawning of a new era

Dear FullContactPoker Users:Earlier today, I posted what I thought was a well-reasoned riddle that might provide my fellow poker aficionados with a few moments of diversion and perhaps a little thought and interesting commentary.Before I knew it, I descended into a whirlwind of vitriol, anger, rage, and insults. I was called a retard, an idiot, and several other unsavory names.While several users came to my defense, it was all for naught, as any cogent arguments centraling around the merits and deficiencies in my riddle were shouted down by acerbic, terse, and generally unsupported arguments about the question at hand, and about my ability to function in society.I do not believe that this sort of behavior is necessary. While some users may be revered for their poker knowledge, they do not have anything to tell us that Sklansky, Harrington, and several others have added to the poker community. More to the point: When was the last time that David Sklanksy called you a "doucheclown" and recommended that you go see a therapist?So, I invite all FCP users to join me as we pledge to treat each other with respect and dignity! There is no need for us to lob extremely hurtful verbal assaults at each other behind the bunker of Internet anonymity. If you disagree with another poster, perhaps a reasoned and calm response would be better suited to the cause.Originally, I intended for the motto for this new way of thinking to be "Stop mindlessly arguing so hurtfully. I still am carefully urging new trends." If we ever decide to go with acronyms, however, that might be a problem. Suggestions for new mottos welcome.I apologize for anything hurtful I may have said in this (and other) posts. Be well,Posoo

Dear FullContactPoker Users:Earlier today, I posted what I thought was a well-reasoned riddle that might provide my fellow poker aficionados with a few moments of diversion and perhaps a little thought and interesting commentary.Before I knew it, I descended into a whirlwind of vitriol, anger, rage, and insults. I was called a retard, an idiot, and several other unsavory names.While several users came to my defense, it was all for naught, as any cogent arguments centraling around the merits and deficiencies in my riddle were shouted down by acerbic, terse, and generally unsupported arguments about the question at hand, and about my ability to function in society.I do not believe that this sort of behavior is necessary. While some users may be revered for their poker knowledge, they do not have anything to tell us that Sklansky, Harrington, and several others have added to the poker community. More to the point: When was the last time that David Sklanksy called you a "doucheclown" and recommended that you go see a therapist?So, I invite all FCP users to join me as we pledge to treat each other with respect and dignity! There is no need for us to lob extremely hurtful verbal assaults at each other behind the bunker of Internet anonymity. If you disagree with another poster, perhaps a reasoned and calm response would be better suited to the cause.Originally, I intended for the motto for this new way of thinking to be "Stop mindlessly arguing so hurtfully. I still am carefully urging new trends." If we ever decide to go with acronyms, however, that might be a problem. Suggestions for new mottos welcome.I apologize for anything hurtful I may have said in this (and other) posts. Be well,Posoo
go to hell..sw :club:

Why'd you waste your time? It will never happen. Yippe!!! Post-500 :club:

although i appreciate your intentionsthe fact is that this forum will not change over night. or over your post. or over any of the other posts that people have tried.there are plenty of idiots on this forum. and the flaming won't go away until they go away.

It's not our fault your riddle had a major flaw.Not that I flamed anyone, so I guess this isn't quite directed my way, but still. If you can't take the heat, you might as well stay off the internet.

Come ON people, there will always be people who get their jollies by insulting people in forums, and while it's unnecessary, it's not going to stop. Who takes this stuff seriously anyways? If a complete stranger calls me an idiot or says he fscked my mother, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. You're never going to meet most of these people, so why whine about all the pissing contests on here? I really don't think it's going to affect your day to day life.p.s. You're and idiot. Just because.

It's not our fault your riddle had a major flaw.
each player holds the second nuts (there is one and only one hand that can beat the hand they hold).
If by "major flaw" you mean that he posted it in a forum where people can't read, than yes.. it had a major flaw.-fop

posoo,You are trying to make an appeal to children. Some of them may be able to vote legally, but their behaviour is clearly that of kids in an unmoderated playground. Until the principal comes and hauls them into the office, I wouldn't expect them to change.You might recall the old saying about teaching a pig to sing. Never try it. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

go to hell..sw :club:
Go to hellno sw

i'm on kurts side.. You kept argueing about YOUR definition of something... I can win any bet, if I go by my own ****ing definitions... sklansky may not have called you a douchclown... but he posted here, he probobly would

Did someone get his feelings hurt? This all could have been avoided if you knew the proper terms to use.

The riddle made sense to me , but even if it did have "a flaw", why does this need to engender pages upon pages of such garbage? It doesn't seem to me like the OP is the one who needs to "get laid".

Hi. This is FullContactPoker.com Sorry your feelings got hurt, I have some vagisil for you, if you need it.
So how long did you spend with the thesaurus?