riddle at a poker game

Here's a good one,How much dirt is in a hole 6.24 deep, and 5.14 wide, 3.14 long measuring from the top. with a slope of 1.5 from the top to the bottom?
I just read the whole thread and now I want to join in. There's no dirt in a hole.Here's one I heard on the tv show "The Office":You are a farmer on the bank of a river. You have with you, a fox, a bag of grain, and a chicken. Your objective is to get all three safely to the other side. You can only take one at a time. How will you do this?
you take the fox acrosscome backyou take the bag of grain acrosscomebackyou take the chicken across.no where does it say you can't leave a chicken and the bag alone
  • Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A horse is tied to a 15 ft. rope and there is a bail of hay 25 ft. away from him. Yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay. How is this possible?
I dont know if this was answered.but the hay is directly opposite from the horse 10 feet past where the horse is tied. so he has 5 feet of slack.edit: looks like it was, but i think my answer is correct too. (possibly)

I got the guy with feathers one, if nobody else has (I didn't read more after I got it, I wanted to post and say how clever I am!)Alright, the back guy cannot see two black feathers, or else he would immediately say white (since that's all that's left). The second guy realizes that the back guy must see either one black and one white feather, or two white feathers. If the second guy saw a black feather, using the last persons silence he would immediately know he had a white feather, since it was the only one that would cause the last person to be confused. If the second person saw a white feather, he would remain silent and confused himself. Since this is the case, the guy in front MUST have a white feather, or else the guy on the second stump would have already said something. So finally, the guy in front knows that all he can have is a white feather.edit: Yeah, someone else got it. Drat.

A horse is tied to a 15 ft. rope and there is a bail of hay 25 ft. away from him. Yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay. How is this possible?
I dont know if this was answered.but the hay is directly opposite from the horse 10 feet past where the horse is tied. so he has 5 feet of slack.edit: looks like it was, but i think my answer is correct too. (possibly)
i think the horse (or other end of the rope) is tied to nothing.here's one remove six letters to get a word from this: spletsoiktrexer
bumphere's one remove six letters to get a word from this: spletsoiktrexerno one got it huh?
"remove letters to get a word from this: " (That's the answer)
I got a really good one, make a lot of money off it. Any takers?What weighs more a pound of gold or a pound of feathers?
its a tie - they both weigh a pound!is that supposed to be the really good one?
I got a really good one, make a lot of money off it. Any takers?What weighs more a pound of gold or a pound of feathers?
you wanna bet on your answer?50 bucks payable on poker stars

An Orange box, made three sounds, two ladies heard the sounds and died, one was a monkey, the other was not a monkey, which sound did the monkey hear? was one of the monkeys, who is also a lady, pregnant?

An Orange box, made three sounds, two ladies heard the sounds and died, one was a monkey, the other was not a monkey, which sound did the monkey hear? was one of the monkeys, who is also a lady, pregnant?
you're giving up on my question, huh? WELL THE ANSWER IS FEATHERS, DUH! 50 bucks?
Here's a good one,How much dirt is in a hole 6.24 deep, and 5.14 wide, 3.14 long measuring from the top. with a slope of 1.5 from the top to the bottom?
I just read the whole thread and now I want to join in. There's no dirt in a hole.Here's one I heard on the tv show "The Office":You are a farmer on the bank of a river. You have with you, a fox, a bag of grain, and a chicken. Your objective is to get all three safely to the other side. You can only take one at a time. How will you do this?
you take the fox acrosscome backyou take the bag of grain acrosscomebackyou take the chicken across.no where does it say you can't leave a chicken and the bag alone
I think it's like this, you can't leave the fox with the chicken the fox will eat the chicken, you can't leave the chicken with the grain, the chicken will eat the grain, so you take the chicken across then you come back and take the grain, but take the chicken back, at the same time you take the fox across, come back for the chicken. I know, I'm smart :-)
you wanna bet on your answer?50 bucks payable on poker stars
yes because my answer is also correct. Hence.....stalemate.

there are 12 balls that are exactly identical except for the fact that one of them weighs slightly different than the other 11. You are given an old-fashioned scale where you can put balls on both sides to see which side weighs more. You are given exactly 3 measurements, in other words you are given 3 chances to weigh the balls. You must figure out which of the 12 balls weighs slightly different and you must also figure out if it weighs more or less than the other 11.

there are 12 balls that are exactly identical except for the fact that one of them weighs slightly different than the other 11. You are given an old-fashioned scale where you can put balls on both sides to see which side weighs more. You are given exactly 3 measurements, in other words you are given 3 chances to weigh the balls. You must figure out which of the 12 balls weighs slightly different and you must also figure out if it weighs more or less than the other 11.
Weigh 6 balls on each side, discard lighter side.Of the remaining 6, weigh 3 on each side, discard the lighter side.Pick 2 of the remaining 3 balls, A and B, if they are equal then C is the irregular, if not equal, ball A or B it is.
Weigh 6 balls on each side, discard lighter side.Of the remaining 6, weigh 3 on each side, discard the lighter side.Pick 2 of the remaining 3 balls, A and B, if they are equal then C is the irregular, if not equal, ball A or B it is.
uhmm.......no. The ball can be ligher or heavier and you have no idea which one it will be. Which means that when you discard the lighter side from your first weighing, you may end up with balls of equal weight.