quesstionare for college players here on fcp..

Allright, This is something I've been wondering for quite a while as the Poker Scene at my College in Wisconsin was weak to say the least. I'm not talking about the players I'm talking about the stakes.So please answer these questions for me, this should be fun as well.1.) What College Do You Attend?2.) What Year are you?3.) Does your Campus have a Poker Club? If So What Do they Do?4.) If you Campus doesn't have a Poker Scene, If one was available would you join?Thanks for the input guys try to answer this stuff honestly too.. Notice I didn't ask what stakes they play at your college because.. Well I don't really care and many would feel obligated to out do one another. Lookin forward too the input.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) What College Do You Attend?2.) What Year are you?3.) Does your Campus have a Poker Club? If So What Do they Do?4.) If you Campus doesn't have a Poker Scene, If one was available would you join?1) Used to go to the University of Missouri2) I would be a junior this year3) No.4) YesAs much as people say all the rich kids fund the good players... I could NEVER find ANY game that was more than $30 to get in to... and thats a tournament. Most cash games are $5 or $10 buy in... pretty f*cking weak.

1. University of Waterloo2. 2B3. Yes, www.uwpokerclub.com but it sucks ass and all they do is badly organize games that will get busted anyways by the cops because they have it in the most obvious location possible4. I would make my own, ours sucks so bad

1.) What College Do You Attend?2.) What Year are you?3.) Does your Campus have a Poker Club? If So What Do they Do?4.) If you Campus doesn't have a Poker Scene, If one was available would you join?
1). University of Washington2). Senior3). Poker club? Not that I know of.4). My campus has a poker scene, and the poker bug has really run rampant on campus. There's no "club" that I'm aware of. While the poker bug has run rampant, so has the penny-pinching bug. Most people are too afraid to play any of the stakes I prefer, not to mention the games.I haven't found cash games that aren't NL holdem with stakes never exceeding .1/.20 blinds and it's rare to find a freezeout with a buyin higher than 10 or 20 bucks. This is just too weak for me and I tend to only play in these games for the social aspect of them. I really do enjoy playing these games, regardless of the stakes. My real poker play, however, happens online or in local cardrooms, which don't necessarily home many players from my school (mostly old people and gambling addicts).

1.) What College Do You Attend?2.) What Year are you?3.) Does your Campus have a Poker Club? If So What Do they Do?4.) If you Campus doesn't have a Poker Scene, If one was available would you join? 1. Texas A&M2. 063. some off campus clubs and all..nothing big4. there are plenty of home games...they shut down a regular game that was being played on campus...something about it being illegal to gamble in a campus building who knows

1. University of Michigan (The best college out there)2.Third year student3.We dont "officially" have a poker club but some dude organized a club through the facebook that gets games going.4.Yes

its interesting that in some cases people only want to play $5 and $10 cash games, because at my high school poker games we usually play $20 buyin games, but theres also $50 games.sorry for not contributing to the thread but im not in college yet.i will be attending UCSB next year as a freshman, are there any gouchos on this forum? and is there a considerable poker scene at UCSB?

3. Yes, www.uwpokerclub.com but it sucks ass and all they do is badly organize games that will get busted anyways by the cops because they have it in the most obvious location possible
The official meetings are the crap ones. Most of the people running it don't play regularly at the games, or if they are, they're frosh at rev. The majority of the games go on off campus by laurier. They're probably not official, but that's where everyone plays.

1.) Ohio Wesleyan University2.) Junior (Class of '07)3.) Nope.4.) Oh yes.Most of the time, you can find games on campus. A club hosted a huge tournament on campus at one time for charity, but there isn't a poker club per se. However, as I said...games are always available if you "know where to look."

university of torontoseniornothing official but tons of games are posted around the city (social clubs etc)doubt i would join anything organized... just doesnt seem to feasible at u of t.

3. Yes, www.uwpokerclub.com but it sucks ass and all they do is badly organize games that will get busted anyways by the cops because they have it in the most obvious location possible
The official meetings are the crap ones. Most of the people running it don't play regularly at the games, or if they are, they're frosh at rev. The majority of the games go on off campus by laurier. They're probably not official, but that's where everyone plays.
Are you going to hook it up when we're both in school in fall?

1.) What College Do You Attend? St. Vincent. small school in PA2.) What Year are you? going into my second3.) Does your Campus have a Poker Club? If So What Do they Do? NO4.) If you Campus doesn't have a Poker Scene, If one was available would you join? Yes.we basically played every day for small stakes. $5 max buy in tournys or .05/.1 mixed games.

If you're looking for games, find the athletes.While I'm way longer out of college than I'd care to admit, I started playing regularly because I was bored sitting on the bus while traveling to and from lacrosse games.Then I started having games in my room, and found the greatest thing of all - a degenerate gambler who couldn't play poker. He was worth about a keg of beer a week. :club:

Are you going to hook it up when we're both in school in fall?
The games are going to be at the house of whoever wants to host them or upstairs in the SLC if we book a room.
I meant the Laurier ones. Would WLU or UW players be harder?