I played the Main Event

I was very surprised to find out that we had to play 15 1/2 hours on the first day. I made it through but now I see why so many players get massages during their play. My neck was aching from sitting there and holding my arms in a particular position.You may know that there were three first days and that the plan was to get each day down from 200 tables, to 65. It took the guys from day 1 15 1/2 hours to get there. I played on the second first day, and although we got down to 65 tables after 14 hours, we had to continue playing the same amount of time. We finally got to 62 tables. Day three had to do the same time.I was 570 in chip stack rank after day one, but after four hours into day two, I was knocked out. I placed 969. No money for that. No handshake. You get up from the table and slink away.It was fun though. BUT, be prepared to play 15 hours of poker!Citytomwww.pokerchipsvideo.com

I paid my way into the Main Event. I also played in six other events. It was a long stretch.Yes, I played with many pros, not just the ones whose faces are recognizable. But the more famous ones were Devilfish, Hellmuth, Mel Judah, Juha, Steve Z, Dutch Boyd, and Tomko. I ended up getting into an argument with Hellmuth. He claimed I made a string bet, and called the floor person over. He was the only one who saw it (because there wasn't any) and after making a stink said, "Well, I don't know, I'm over here listening to my IPOD. I'm not even in the hand". I'm not a big fan of his.I lost 3/4 of my stack in a key hand involving my pocket AK. XQX came on the flop with two other rags on the turn and river. I ended up with A high against AQ. I also got buried with AK in two other events.

I was fortunate enough to win my way in through the Bluff Poker Tour. And I agree 15 hours of Poker is grueling, but at the same time very exciting. After day 1 I had 24K in chips...not great, but not terrible. I hit a nice rush in the middle of day...and then with a beautiful set of deuces peaked at 125K with 2 hours remaining in day 2. I then got involved in a pot that was a huge meltdown for me. KQs on the button, and everyone folded to me. I make the standard raise. Get called my a crazy aggressive player in BB. Flop comes rags and not my suit, he leads out...and i decide to reprsent a big over pair, and re raise him about 6-7 times his bet. He calls. Turn brough nothing of any help...and this is where I should have shut down...Nope. I fire about 25K into the pot, he goes all in, and I muck with about 50K remaining. Day 3 we go hand for hand, and i refuse to play anything until i am in the money. Finally we are, and play turns totally nuts. All the short stacks going all in. I capatilized on a few and got back to arond 85K. We lost the player to my right, and unfortunately a guy with about 400K sits to to my right. That was it for me. Any pot I entered, he would come over the top. I finally made my stand with 10 10, and he called with KK. Ouch. WSOP dream over.Finished 402 cashing for $16,055.

Bluff sure did a nice presentation at the convention. I registered with Bluff for their "Bubble insurance" and wore their shirt.Congrats on making it to day 3. The rest of us were on the sidelines wishing we were there.Citytomwww.pokerchipsvideo.com

I agree day one was completely rediculous. I actually thought to myself afterward, I might not be cut out for this. The next morning I came to my senses. People have no idea what it is like trying to make perfect decisions for 15 hours straight, trying to pay attention to everything that happens, remember what every player at your table says/does, replaying every hand in your head, and at some point put all of that information together to help you make a decision which is worth 10's of thousands, if not millions of dollars.

My friend played the ME and finished 239, Dan Cormier. He cashed 28K. His final hand he was on the SB (K 5 off) with Raymar on the BB. Lots of limpers, Dan ccalled Raymar checked. The flop comes K 5 2 rainbow, Dan bets the pot(about 26K, and 1/3 of his stack) Raymar cold calls, the rest fold. The turn comes 7, and Dan pushed All In, Raymar calls and flips of K 7.Thought you would like to know.l8r

I have to agree that that Bluff had in my opinion one of the most impressive presentation at WSOP. They really took good care of me too while I was there. I think they will be a big player in the Poker World for years to come.

15 hrs of poker grueling? I play that amount most of the time I play. I've played entire weekends before when running well. What did you expect?That is why I thought a pro would win. Most of these internet guys never play so long because they can take a 5 or 6 hour break and walk back to the computer, whereas the live players have 30 minute rides home and would never dream of leaving on a rush. I have heard of 100 hour sessions from the top pros. Thats pretty much the whole main event in one session. Pfft, 15 hours!

What did I expect? Well, uh....hmmm...12 hours.Everything you said is correct.I'm 58, and have been playing poker since learning it as a kid behind the Caddyshack. I play at a B&M 2-3 X's a week, and everyday on-line.I find that after 3-4 hours, I gotta go do something else. I'm not excited about going back to the WSOP at this moment.

My friend played the ME and finished 239, Dan Cormier. He cashed 28K. His final hand he was on the SB (K 5 off) with Raymar on the BB. Lots of limpers, Dan ccalled Raymar checked. The flop comes K 5 2 rainbow, Dan bets the pot(about 26K, and 1/3 of his stack) Raymar cold calls, the rest fold. The turn comes 7, and Dan pushed All In, Raymar calls and flips of K 7.Thought you would like to know.l8r
what a fish that raymer fellow is...
15 hrs of poker grueling? I play that amount most of the time I play. I've played entire weekends before when running well. What did you expect?That is why I thought a pro would win. Most of these internet guys never play so long because they can take a 5 or 6 hour break and walk back to the computer, whereas the live players have 30 minute rides home and would never dream of leaving on a rush. I have heard of 100 hour sessions from the top pros. Thats pretty much the whole main event in one session. Pfft, 15 hours!
Playing .50/1.00 limit, is a bit different than playing $10,000 No limit with a rail three deep, and ESPN there to catch every bone head move/statement.That being said, I had a blast, would do it again in a heartbeat, and to the guy to my right who looked like he was ready to puke, you should not be playing if you can't have a good time.

i had a good time playing in the main event. i made it to the second day, but with a pretty low stack. i was crippled toward the end of day one by paul darded when i flopped a set but played it too slow and let him catch a straight on the river.i was eliminated during the first level of day two when i moved in with my short stack on the button with 10's. i got called by big slick. i hit my set on the flop, but the caller ended up with broadway. i feel i played pretty well. i dominated my first table and accumulated a lot of chips, but my chips stack shriveled pretty fast after the dinner break

I had a blast. Played with James Woods for 4 hours. Got knocked out late on day 1C with a healthy chip stack when I picked up J :) T :D in the big blind with the flop showing K :) Q :) 7 :club:. Picked the wrong time to tangle with the table chip leader, who had K :D 4 :D . I can't wait to do it again next year!

I spent 5 hours at a table with James Woods during the $1,000 rebuy event. He seemed like a sharp player, sociable, and very intelligent.Citytomwww.pokerchipsvideo.com

I spent 5 hours at a table with James Woods during the $1,000 rebuy event. He seemed like a sharp player, sociable, and very intelligent.Citytomwww.pokerchipsvideo.com
I agree.....I was in that event also...didnt sit at table with James Woods, but talked with him on a break and got a pic with him....very nice guy, cool as hell