softest game i cant afford...need help on this.

I had this whole thing written and my computer turns off. I really need your opinions on this to help me make the right decision, so please read. (btw Im posting this in strat so I can avoid crap)Ok, so my friend finds this place where they play holdem he has no idea about poker but says he'll take me introduce me to the owner of the place and then I could see wether I want to stay. Well, I get there and I have to fill out this waiver, and pay a small "fee" to join the "club". The dude explains that all they play is 1-2 NL , they have 5 tables (4 empty) and he said fridays they were full. He also told me about a $100 + 10 tourney that usually has 15 to 20 people it has rebuy's and 1 add on and the pot usually gets to 5 or 6k..(profitable ??maybe..) Well I sit at this 1/2 game w/ like 130 or so (i know, not enough but largest stack was 90 and I just want to check the game out a bit..) and I see TOTAL MADNESS.. probably the most loose table ive ever been at. one hand 2 dudes went All-in ($70 or $80 each)on a JJK flop it was A7 vs Q9, the A7 raised $9 PF.. it was so crazy I didnt play a single hand, Until I was the BB and it folded to the SB..the flop is 66j he checks I check, the turn is a[ 5 ]putting a draw on board he bets $5 and I raise $15 trying to rep 6's (oh btw i have 82 off) he calls immediately the river is 4 (no flush hit) he checks I bet 3/4s the pot and he not only immediately calls, but says "thats $50 right?" and grabs a fifty chip, I say "no its 30" he grabs 30 and calls flips over 45off and says "I hit my 2 pr 4s and 5s", I say "u mean 6's and 5'" he then grabs his cards looks at the board, sets the cards next to their pair and says "No, look, 4's and 5's"..wow, WOW. I left a bit after that but I saw what I'd be up against if I go again. Anyway, thats the background, here is the problem. I have a 2/4 bankroll at about $1400 and I dont know if the softness of this game is worth the risk of losing a big chunk of my BR if I take some bad beats. Also the tournament might be worth it..its like a sit n go almost they give u 2000 in chips and the blinds start at 5/10 and increase every half an hour 10/20 20/40 25/50 30/60 50/75 and so on..well what do you guys think? can I make it w/ a shorter bankroll? can I maybe play the once a week tourney w/ out rebuying, in hopes of hitting it big against 15 inferior players? Id like to hear what u guys think..thanks.

with that many fish I think you need a larger bankroll not a smaller one. What are you going to do when you go all in and someone calls for all of your money they flip the 92o and hit two pair sending your aces to the rail. The rewards are great but the risk is there too. Where is this game btw? :club:

The bluff story made me cringe. Like ice said, never bluff a guy that can't be bluffed. I think you have enough money to play this game. You don't have to bother with advertising or any of the other normal risks you'd have to take in a regular NL game. If it's as soft as you say, they won't be paying attention anyway. Go for it, just play tight/aggressive and never bluff.As for the tournaments, I am not so sure. You need to double your bank before you can think about playing a $100+RA.

The bluff story made me cringe.  Like ice said, never bluff a guy that can't be bluffed.  I think you have enough money to play this game.  You don't have to bother with advertising or any of the other normal risks you'd have to take in a regular NL game.  If it's as soft as you say, they won't be paying attention anyway.  Go for it, just play tight/aggressive and never bluff.As for the tournaments, I am not so sure.  You need to double your bank before you can think about playing a $100+RA.
Got to agree with these guys, there's no reason to bluff at a table like that. If everyone is playing that loose, then you need to tighten your game up.

$1400 is more than enough for $1-2 NL.Just buy in for a small amount ($100-150) and play super tight-super agressive.No need to try and splash around with loose weak games like this. Simply bet your good hands. You will get paid off.If the game is as loose as you say it is then you'll make a lot more than you would at $2-4 limit.

Damn, you should be able to carve this game up,like others say..--don't bluff (calling stations right?) and isn't necessary if they are as bad as you say... (unless they're weak tight players there)--1400 is plenty (over 7 buyins), many br experts may disagree, but the risk vs. reward if the game is as soft as you suggest is too good, assuming you are a good player yourself (I wouldn't know)--DN talks about where he would play 80/160 with a 3200 roll. Sometimes games are too good to not play, true you MIGHT go broke, but make an educated decision, if you have a 10% (random number) chance of going broke but a 50% chance of doubling your BR (more than that in this game regurlarly I would think) then it's an obvious choice.--also 1400 isn't an amount where if you lose it's irreplaceable, (unless it took you a while to build, but I would think you could generate that amount fairly easily again over at Party)anyways gL..

Until I was the BB and it folded to the SB..the flop is 66j he checks I check, the turn is a[ 5 ]putting a draw on board he bets $5 and I raise $15 trying to rep 6's (oh btw i have 82 off)Wow, that IS a real soft game.

thanks dudes....lol, I know I shouldnt bluff but i was just sitting there on a feeler session for like an hr..I made my money back when a 25 dlr stack called my set all-in on the flop.

Until I was the BB and it folded to the SB..the flop is 66j he checks I check, the turn is a[ 5 ]putting a draw on board he bets $5 and I raise $15 trying to rep 6's (oh btw i have 82 off)Wow, that IS a real soft game.
shut up weak/tight.j/k i fully intend to use the suuper tight strategy,, like i said, I was just fucking around that time, just to test the waters..