how much of himself did mike matasow own???

In his post interview on Cardplayer, a reporter asked how much of himself he owned in the main event, to which Mike replied "I dont want to discuss that". Anyone have any insight??? :shock:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of you have any clue how much he owns. Don't say things.I bet his reaction would be the same if he didn't want to discuss a 5-10% swap with other players. It could cause a scandal a la Paul Phillips. All sorts of deals are looked at as shady today.So, just don't speculate. None of you know.CT

Okay, I'll just take that as you made it up.Want to put $50 on it?Then I'll be motivated to spoon feed you things.  Let me know, moron.
Just take the bet giantfan01.Smash is a jackass.He doesn't know what he's talking about.He's never won a bet in his life.
Okay, I'll just take that as you made it up.Want to put $50 on it?Then I'll be motivated to spoon feed you things.  Let me know, moron.
Just take the bet giantfan01.Smash is a jackass.He doesn't know what he's talking about.He's never won a bet in his life.
Smash is a jackass

Anyone remember that episode of Curb your Enthusiasm where Larry goes to a doctor in a locker room and asks him medical questions? The doctor says "what do you do?" "I'm a writer""Why don't you write some shit for me, for no money"

Anyone remember that episode of Curb your Enthusiasm where Larry goes to a doctor in a locker room and asks him medical questions?  The doctor says "what do you do?"  "I'm a writer""Why don't you write some shit for me, for no money"
LOL.I didn't catch that one.
Widely reported? Give us one source.Do your own research.
I can't imagine someone swore you to secrecy about how much someone staked Matusow. If you don't have the source then it's all bullshit to us.
Widely reported? Give us one source.Do your own research.
I can't imagine someone swore you to secrecy about how much someone staked Matusow. If you don't have the source then it's all censored to us.
Make the bet, and punk him... Old school!

Why is it important how much he owned of himself? Just pretend like it was 72% and be happy. The guy played fantastic poker and that makes him happy, so whether he owned 0% of himself or 100% of himself, I'm gonna be happy for him.

Hey Smash. You remember where you saw that? I remember hearing (seeing?) somewhere that Matusow owned a pretty small portion of himself, but I was pretty sure it was shockingly high (like50ish percent), at least for a guy who can't be all that flush. Anyway, holla at a brother if you remember where you saw it.Cheers,Ice

i dont get it...mike won his seat on stars....why would he sell that much of himself...he lives in vegas, so accomadations wouldn't be a problem....doesnt seem kosher ....unless somebody has a pretty good source, i just dont see it...

i dont get it...mike won his seat on stars....why would he sell that much of himself.Don't play many tournaments, huh?If Juanda, Daniel, Ivey and two other pros offered you 10% in exchange for 10% of you, do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea for your bankroll to sell half of yourself?Risk mitigation in a high risk enviorment.

i dont get it...mike won his seat on stars....why would he sell that much of himself.Don't play many tournaments, huh?If Juanda, Daniel, Ivey and two other pros offered you 10% in exchange for 10% of you, do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea for your bankroll to sell half of yourself?Risk mitigation in a high risk enviorment.
You're a jopke