pokerstars donates $3.5 million to wsop prize pool

Pokerstars players cash for a total of $7,423,905 in the main event.I'm not sure about the exact amount of Pokerstars qualifiers but I believe it was above 1,100...That the 'great players' from Pokerstars have put in a little less then 3.5 million

Pokerstars players cash for a total of $7,423,905 in the main event.I'm not sure about the exact amount of Pokerstars qualifiers but I believe it was above 1,100...That the 'great players' from Pokerstars have put in a little less then 3.5 million
*tugs sleeve*WTFAYTA??? :shock:
I mean that 1,100 people bought in for 10 grand apeice = At least $11.1 millionCashed for $7.5 milliondown 3.5 million
*blink*Good point. My apologies. I was doing the math incorrectly.
Well the real winner is Pokerstars.
This is the truth by far. I'd bet Pokerstars made over 3.5 million from their entries. I don't know there qualifying system, but if there are entry chip satsi nto ME qualifiers. Every step puts another vig on the player. Add it all up, I'd bet it would be shocking.

That's an interesting figure and roughly equivalent to what The Rio took out for the staff and themselves from the main event alone.ie $3,371,400$1123800 for Staff$2247600 for themselvesBased on 5619 players.

That's an interesting figure and roughly equivalent to what The Rio took out for the staff and themselves from the main event alone.ie $3,371,400$1123800 for Staff$2247600 for themselvesBased on 5619 players.
Whoa! Subject change at 12 o'clock!Just kidding, Harry. That definitely is a pretty astounding figure.
Yeah, and the tournaments are supposed to be catered to "take care" of the players. How many times during the WSOP did you hear the tournament staff say that they wanted to make sure the players were happy, and they were listening to and trying to make small changes. Yet players have been complaining for years about the percentage of money taken out of entry fees and the vig is riduclulosly high.It doesn't add up.Thanks Harry for the numbers.

Perhaps I'm not being totally fair to The Rio.I didn't allow for the $56190 worth of comp vouchers they gave us ($10 each) so we could feed ourselves in the dinner break they kindly reinstated on the first day in which we played.Incidentally I sent a very long letter (about eight A4 pages long) outlining my concerns and complaints to Howard Greenbaum (cc to Richard Daly) which has been acknowledged and to which I eagerly await a reply. He has asked for time to consider the points rasied and to provide an appropriate response.On receipt of the reply I shall post the full letter along with the response to selected internet poker forums including this one.

Harry, I know it's a long list but what are some of the major issues they should address immediately and remedy even before planning for next year?
I personally believe that the single greatest thing that the organizers should do before next years event is to agree to form a consultation comittee whereby players, dealers, organizers, tv reps, sponsors etc etc are all involved in having a say as to how things are run.In other words set up a group of interested people to discuss the best way forward for The WSOP and poker in general.As and when I get a reply this can be brought up in a seperate thread as this is not the appropriate thread for it and it would be much better to discuss it seperately as I feel it's too big and important a subject to be discussed tucked away here.
Perhaps I'm not being totally fair to The Rio.I didn't allow for the $56190 worth of comp vouchers they gave us ($10 each)  so we could feed ourselves in the dinner break they kindly reinstated on the first day in which we played.  
Not to sound rude or ungreatful, but a $10 food voucher, compared to their take from ME entries, is not much at all. This voucher gives the players a chance to buy overpriced food, which probably cost The Rio somewhere between $1 to $1.50 in food and labor cost. So it may seem like a kind gesture, but its still quite small in relation to the total cost of the tourney to their take.Co-D

Did your letter include, more freaking bathrooms!!! I could barely get their and get back with the crowds in the normal break periods. I finally gave up trying and would go during active play to beat the crowd rush. It was miserable, and having to leave your table during play was not my idea of well organized.Thanks for your posts Harry.