doyle alleged takeover of wpt- daniel's thoughts

Just wondering if you have been following the announcement made about Doyle offing to buy out the wpt.People are calling it a bluff... but I find it hard to believe that Doyle would make a move like that at this point in his life... especially since Doyle plays with Lyle in the Big Game.Doyle is good friends with Jack Binion, I know he has the cash to back such a venture and it would be an amazing marketing fit for Doyles Room which can't be doing all that great.Daniel, since you know him from playing with him, what do you think about it ?

i read on a RGP thread that doyle retracted hisw bid, and WPT didn't even care, ask for an extention, anything. This guy on RPG was insinuating (sp) that you could consider this this insider trading. wtp stocks went up almost 45% then went back down 10% when it was not excepted. Easy way to buy then short if youre in the know. Texas Dolly at Camp Cupcake?

not insider trading, it would be pump and dump
correct. pump and dumps will usually have a grease man though. I;m sure there was insider trading going on. (not that it's illegal, but sketchy)http://marketwatch.nytimes.com/custom/nyt-...wpt&sid=1778478usually these take a few days to update, so Check back in a week or so and see what this past couples weeks history was.but it could show the trades possibly at the schemes inseption about amonth ago.

your run of the mill undetailed bid to buy an overvalued company for twice as much as its total value. if there was any shady dealings going on an SEC investigation will straighten it out. they monitor things like large share buy and sells leading up to announcements so some inside or outside stakeholders might have a lot of explainin to do.

your run of the mill undetailed bid to buy an overvalued company for twice as much as its total value. if there was any shady dealings going on an SEC investigation will straighten it out. they monitor things like large share buy and sells leading up to announcements so some inside or outside stakeholders might have a lot of explainin to do.
is there an SEC investigation, or you're just talking baout WPT's filings?
i don't know if there's a formal investigation but whenever something big happens the SEC looks for things that would be considered out of the ordinary like extra activity in the weeks leading up to it. a side effect from the scandals like worldcom, tyco or where tv stock analysts would go on tv and pump up their own stocks or the stocks of a friend etc... that's one of the few things i remember from my business ethics course.
i don't know if there's a formal investigation but whenever something big happens the SEC looks for things that would be considered out of the ordinary like extra activity in the weeks leading up to it. a side effect from the scandals like worldcom, tyco or where tv stock analysts would go on tv and pump up their own stocks or the stocks of a friend etc... that's one of the few things i remember from my business ethics course.
yeah, that doesn't mean d1ck. befor3 9/11 on spt 10th the largest short sell of airline stocks was exectued, no arrests that i know of...also, pauly shores girlfriend ( a Bin Ladin in those trades) still is living with him. (maybe that's her punishment though 8) )

It says here that Lipscomb and Doyle are supposed to meet at the end of WSOP to discuss details .. http://www.doylesroom.com/press/wpt_bid.cfmWe know Jack and Doyle are good friends, Jack seen at Doyles party here: http://www.doylesroom.com/press/wsop_party.cfmWhy would Doyle be involved in a scam, there is just no way a guy like that would make a bone head move at this point in his life.

trading on inside information is illegal, insider trading is highly regualted and is not illegal, or sketchy as long as you follow the regulations. i'm a stockbroker so i have some experience with the regulations.