my brush with daniel

So I'm in Vegas this week to watch the Main Event for the WSOP, yesterday I played 4/8 at the Wynn, made a nice $150 profit in a few hours.Reading Daniel's blog, I knew he'd be there today for a heads-up challenge match, so I figured I'd see if my luck would continue.Unfortunately, I didn't do as well as Daniel seemed to do. Saw him walking away from the table with a bunch of chips, so I'm assuming he won. Unfortunately for me, I saw this after I'd busted out down $200 on the day.So I figured I'd try and hang around & see if there was a decent time to try & get Daniel to take a picture with me before he left. He was talking to some people on the side, a few people came up & asked him for autographs, but lacking something for him to sign, and something for him to sign it with (a mistake a guy who wanted him to sign a chip made, all he could find was a pen, and Daniel said only a Sharpie would work), I didn't want to bug him with a picture request while he was busy, especially since I was there alone, and we'd have to get somebody else to take the picture.His conversation broke up, and I overheard him say he was going to say goodbye, and would meet them back at the house. So I waited by the entrance to the poker room for him to come out, but he seemed to be in a bit of a hurry, so I left him alone, as again we'd have to find somebody to actually TAKE the picture, and I'd probably have to give them a quick lesson in how to work my camera, and I didn't want to make that big of an imposition on Daniel's time.I did notice that he was walking out to the self-park garage, since I was parked there myself, and was leaving anyway, I followed him out.Once he started walking out into the garage, I said "The Poker Ambassador self-parks?" to which he replied "It's easier". I said at least he knows what his car looks like since he drives it all the time, I have to find an unfamiliar rental. Shortly after that he mentioned something about trying to remember where it was or something like that, so I said "I thought it was easier?" and he said he usually parks it in the same spot, but it was taken this time. He also mentioned that it was a Toyota Tundra, so I said "Oh, the one you won last year?" and he said yeah.He figured out where the Tundra was, I said something about how bad my session went, and that I was headed downtown to check out the WSOP action, and went off to my rental.So that's my "brush with Daniel" story.Mike

I was there that same day.. I was watching him play till i was called for my 15/30 seat.. while playing at 15/30 I heard some loud clapping and figured the match was over.. then I see Daniel walking by with 1 million in chips.. The more I thought about it the more sick it was to see that.. he went and put it away and when he came back out he was talking to the people at the 80/160 game then when he was done he walked by my table I said hi and shook his hand which was cool.. He was in a bit of hurry so that was pretty much it. But all in all it was cool to meet him even if it was for 10 seconds. :club:

• 2 weeks later...

haha, i think i was that guy that your talking about that asked him to sign the chip. cuz his friend who i asked to get him to sign it came back and said that i needed a sharpie, next time i go there i guess ill be more prepared cause there is so many pros there. whats funny is i looked in the pic gallery and saw a pic of him playing barry and saw myself in the background at the table behind him, im FAMOUS whoo hoo :club: