off topic gambling thread.

ok, so this out of shape guy i always see at the bar was bragging about how he could throw a football 50 yards in the air, so i told him he was full of it and we have a 250 bet on it.the thing is, i have no idea how hard it is to do?!i dont really know my chances, so does anyone have any idea how hard this is to do?my friend that plays for UMASS said a college quarter back could throw 60 yards in the air, so 50 should be pretyy hard...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive seen a pro throw it over 70 yards before.i think there are quite a few people who can throwa football 50 yards.and have you seen all those fat pitchers that can still throw?you might be in trouble.

maybe this out of shape guy played football in his youth, or is a youth football coach or something. some out of shape guy at a bar probably doesn't want to throw away 250$. As in most prop bets, you are probably getting hustled.

well no this guy is a real loud mouth, i know he didn't play football in his youth, he did say when he was 20 he threw a football 56 yards in the air...i bet some golf with this guy, there is definitly potential that he cant throw it any where close, 250 is a peanut to this guy but its alot to me!god i hope i win!

I never played organized football in highschool.I'm an out of shape piece that drinks every day.I can throw a football 50-yards in the air.Repeat: I'm an out of shape pieceIce

Does he get a running start for momentum, or does he have to stand still? Did he specify the size of the football? Did you set a place that doesn't have much wind, or schedule it for a day that isn't windy? Don't make bets without going through every detail, or someone will screw you on the little things to gain a big edge.A friend of mine bet another friend that he couldn't eat a spoonful of brown sugar because he heard that it was extremely difficult to do (because of how brown sugar sticks to your mouth and throat when it gets wet). He thought the bet was a lock, seeing as it is difficult to do, but my other friend won the bet after he decided to just take the spoonful one pinch at a time and drop it down his throat instead of trying to swallow the whole spoonful. The losing friend still hasn't paid the bet, and I am still mad at him for it. I hate people that don't pay their bets.

i think you guys are all full of shita regulation sized NFL football, not some nerf shit, 150 feet/50 yards?the nfl quarterback challenge was on tv the other day, winning throw for the air it out competition........around 65 yards

i think you guys are all full of censoreda regulation sized NFL football, not some nerf censored, 150 feet/50 yards?the nfl quarterback challenge was on tv the other day, winning throw for the air it out competition........around 65 yards
Question: Did they have to throw the ball straight? or was it measured as an absolute distance from the throwing point?

I guarantee that all of you can not throw a football 50 yards, as in half the length of the whole field.There are probably some pros who can barely throw it that far.By the looks of it I think you might be up $250 at the end of this, I don't know though as I have never seen the guy.

50 yards is not so easy. (You're not counting the bounce right?) Aaron Brooks (QB for the Saints for you non-NFL fans) has a rocket for an arm and can throw low/mid 60's. Make sure it's an NFL ball, and close loopholes. I wouldn't worry about giving him a running start. In the QB competition thrope mentioned, they get a running start. (Iceman, it's distance from the line, measured straight out).offsuitbluff, if you lose, looks like you got two more out of shape QB's to win $$ off of :club:

(shrug) I don't lose prop bets, and I'd take one that I could throw a football 50 yards. Give me a few days to warm my arm up and let me use a regulation highschool football and I'm game. I'm a pretty solid athelete and I could tough about 90 on the gun a few years ago, though... Ice

Yeah you should see if for an extra $50, he'll let you punch his nuts first.Seriously, I would make sure he throws a NFL regulation if you can control that.Also see if you can get him good and HAMMERED before the throw.Shots with beer chasers. You don't have to throw so give that a try.

make sure the football has NO Air in it when you hand it to him.
Clutch. You should be a professional grifter.And go my "Sir Griftsalot." Ice

whether he can or cant throw the ball 50 yards remains to be seen. u shouldnt make these kinds of bets if u havent seen him throw a football before. u are absolutely clueless on whether he can or cant.

make sure the football has NO Air in it when you hand it to him.
Clutch. You should be a professional grifter.And go my "Sir Griftsalot." Ice
Only if I can walk funny and speak all mumbly.... :wink: