off topic gambling thread.

i'd agree with the ex-center the key is probably the spiralif he can get a tight spiral, i suppose he could hit 50 yardskeep us informed
yeah, bout the sprial.....fill the ball with a little elmers glue on one side, not enough to notice if he spins it on the ground to check the balance. It will make it literally impossible... don't get greedy filling it though
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I could do it if I can fire off a nice spiral but the average joe ain't gonna do it.  I pitched and played baseball all my life and I am athletically inclined.  (I catch in my personal life)  Those QB Challenge shows have Peyton and D McNabb only chuckin it 70 yard tops, most of em in the high 60's.   These are the best in the game and do it for a living.   Sight unseen, I go against it.   I'd have the guy do a throwing motion first b4 I made the bet. You can just tell when a guy throws like an online poker player or an athlete.   Even still, it's all about the spiral.
they're trowing a pro ball, accuratley, with nothing to prove (i mean it's not gonna get them to the super bowl, why throw out their arm)college ball , not havin to keep it on the field, with something to prove is soo dif.
ok, so this out of shape guy i always see at the bar was bragging about how he could throw a football 50 yards in the air, so i told him he was full of it and we have a 250 bet on it.the thing is, i have no idea how hard it is to do?!i dont really know my chances, so does anyone have any idea how hard this is to do?my friend that plays for UMASS said a college quarter back could throw 60 yards in the air, so 50 should be pretyy hard...
This overweight, 36 year-old . . . . . . his name isn't Doug Flutie, is it?
ok, so this out of shape guy i always see at the bar was bragging about how he could throw a football 50 yards in the air, so i told him he was full of it and we have a 250 bet on it.the thing is, i have no idea how hard it is to do?!i dont really know my chances, so does anyone have any idea how hard this is to do?my friend that plays for UMASS said a college quarter back could throw 60 yards in the air, so 50 should be pretyy hard...
This overweight, 36 year-old . . . . . . his name isn't Doug Flutie, is it?
Flutie rules. I'm looking at my collectors edition box of Flutie Flakes right now.Only time I ever have or will cheer for the Bills.

The only difference between a college football and a pro football (i believe) is that the college ball has white stripes on it.Both are the same size.make sure he doesnt show up with a VORTEX, or you're royally f'd

50 yards isn't very far.I can throw a football 50 yards. Not with any kind of accuracy or anything, but 50 yards, sure.
HAHAHA!Ok Uncle Rico.I love this.I played football for 6 years.I would bet any amount of money that you can not throw a football 50 yards.I just love this utter delusion.
I guarantee that all of you can not throw a football 50 yards, as in half the length of the whole field.There are probably some pros who can barely throw it that far.By the looks of it I think you might be up $250 at the end of this, I don't know though as I have never seen the guy.
Don't say all, that's too much of a generalization. There are some of us that can come real close. Considering I pitch in an organized baseball league and throw in the high 80s, low 90s, throwing a football 50 yards is about the same. When we toss the football, it is normally from 30-40 yards with no effort, now granted, I'm not going to throw my arm out by going and trying, but it's not easy to throw it 50 yards.
The only difference between a college football and a pro football (i believe) is that the college ball has white stripes on it.Both are the same size.make sure he doesnt show up with a VORTEX, or you're royally f'd
Incorrect, the pro ball is larger.