off topic gambling thread.

its a regulation college football.he has five attempts.i figure if he cant to it the first or second time his am isn't getting any stronger by attmepts 4 and 5.we are measuring striaght.and i should specify that there is no runner start cause i think that would give me a huge edge.i know i didn't due my research on this one but its mostly for fun and this guy is 36 and not the model for perfect health i just dont think he can do it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee that all of you can not throw a football 50 yards, as in half the length of the whole field.There are probably some pros who can barely throw it that far.By the looks of it I think you might be up $250 at the end of this, I don't know though as I have never seen the guy.
I would guarantee that many on this forum could throw it 50 yards.I'm sure the ability to throw a football falls on a bell curve like everything else. The difference between able to throw 60 and 50 is probably pretty big. I'm pretty sure alot of athletic guys can throw the ball that far without any accuracy, especially those with any kind of throwing experience.Some MLB pitchers barely hit 90mph when throwing, does that mean no one who is not a major league pitcher can throw it 80.I say the OP is out 250 barring a headwind or torn rotator cuffShaun

80% of the doucheys on this forum would not be able to throw a football 50 yards. This I know for a fact. My credentials are as follows. I played center in college (the guy that hikes the ball for you Canadians) and one of my quarterbacks was an mvp of the NFL. I am not going to give more facts because I like the mystery of it. Believe me or don't, I don't care. It takes quite a bit to throw a football that far. Spiral is the main thing. If you throw a duck, it ain't happening. Period.

Ron did you play for notre dame in the 80s? :club: Also, i cant really say much about anyone's ability to throw the ball 50 yards, but i recently have thrown a high school regulation football 35 yards. I'm 16 and threw out my arm playing baseball my freshman year in highschool. My arm strength never came back, so i'm pretty sure i'd have been able to hit 50 before i threw out the old arm. just my.02$ because i know it means so much to you. And yes, i did throw it 35 yards recently in a competition, but i couldn't move my broken down arm for 3 days. I've also thrown a baseball from one corner of a baseball field to the other. (farthest left field corner to farthest right field corner.) that one took me more along the line of 5 days to move my arm. I miss the good old days. It's like i made a burned out sports star story of my life by the age of 16. :cry: glad i typed all that.

I had the same prop bet with my roomate in college...we went down to the swamp (i went to uf) and I hit 53...he hit 55...I'm not sayin im great or i could play college ball...but its not impossibleand most quarterbacks can hit 60 to 65...that ten extra yards (from 50)counts plenty...thats not a tiny discrepency

man id take a 36 yr old man betting on his ability to chuck a ball 50 yards over an 18 yr old claiming he could, old an muscles shouldnt be underrated, i gotta think the dude can chuck it 50 yards, and giving him 5 shots at it is craaaaaaaazy...but good luck, i sure wouldnt make prop bets with no clue on the outcome, you got some gamble in ya

80% of the doucheys on this forum would not be able to throw a football 50 yards. This I know for a fact. My credentials are as follows. I played center in college (the guy that hikes the ball for you Canadians) and one of my quarterbacks was an mvp of the NFL. I am not going to give more facts because I like the mystery of it. Believe me or don't, I don't care. It takes quite a bit to throw a football that far. Spiral is the main thing. If you throw a duck, it ain't happening. Period.
I was quarterback for the JV team in high school. (believe me this is NOt bragging...just saying)anyway I still go and throw the ball a lot and I can throw it about 55 yds with no wind. and thats only if I throw a nice tight spiral. I think your odds are 70/30 in favor of the OP unless the guy is big and athletic.
its a regulation college football.he has five attempts.i figure if he cant to it the first or second time his am isn't getting any stronger by attmepts 4 and 5.we are measuring striaght.and i should specify that there is no runner start cause i think that would give me a huge edge.i know i didn't due my research on this one but its mostly for fun and this guy is 36 and not the model for perfect health i just dont think he can do it.
say you're using a pro ball or no dice. You ever see the qb challenge on ESPN? they throw 65 yards with out trying. A college ball i couldn't even imagine how far. I could probably do that. If youre using a college ball thell him he has to punt it, probably your only shot
How are you sure that he didn't play when he was younger? It might have been set up for the bet. If he ever could throw it 50+ yards the being fat and out of shape won't make much difference.
yeah, and about him being out of shape, four wordsSid Fernandez, Roger Clemens

If $250 is alot of money for you you probably should have researched this a little before just making the bet and asking the forum afterward if it was a good one. From what I've heard I think that its not something the average middle aged fat joe-poker can do. If i had to guess I'd say you should be fine. Giving him multiple tries in the span of a few minutes isnt going to increase his chances so dont worry about that stipulation. If he does do it, maybe you can do a double or nothing bet if you can throw it farther than him... Good luck with the bet let us know how it turns out.

Id go to Carvel and buy one of those football shaped ice cream cakes and ask him to throw that 50 yards.
Give that man a prize! ROFLMAO!!!which begs the the question. How far someone could throw fudgie.jpg?

An above average high school quaterback could hit 50 yards. However, unless the guy has great technique, i.e., use to play quarterback, or hastremendous arm strength, I doubt he could consistently hit 50 yards.But with one throw and with the wind, you might be in trouble.

ok, so this out of shape guy i always see at the bar was bragging about how he could throw a football 50 yards in the air, so i told him he was full of it and we have a 250 bet on it.the thing is, i have no idea how hard it is to do?!i dont really know my chances, so does anyone have any idea how hard this is to do?my friend that plays for UMASS said a college quarter back could throw 60 yards in the air, so 50 should be pretyy hard...
Watch out dude.....When I was younger...I used to throw a football easily 50 yards......it is really not that hard if you are athletically inclined and have some experience throwing a football.

I know I could do it if I can fire off a nice spiral but the average joe ain't gonna do it. I pitched and played baseball all my life and I am athletically inclined. (I catch in my personal life) Those QB Challenge shows have Peyton and D McNabb only chuckin it 70 yard tops, most of em in the high 60's. These are the best in the game and do it for a living. Sight unseen, I go against it. I'd have the guy do a throwing motion first b4 I made the bet. You can just tell when a guy throws like an online poker player or an athlete. Even still, it's all about the spiral.