dismemberment plan

Even money says this post has exactly 0 substantive responses.Anybody out there ever listen to The Dismemberment Plan? I fashion myself a good ole' self-respecting Alternative Hipster (think: Wilco, Arcade Fire, and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah), and noticed there are a lot of fellow hipsters who post on this forum (yeah, you know who you are).So. anyone else think that "Emergency & I" is one of the most underappreciated albums of the nineties?Ice

You knew I would be in this one...Emergency & I is one of the best rock albums of the last ten years, no argument.Check out the album "Change". I love the tracks 'The Other Side' and 'Time Bomb'.It's no Emergency & I, but I think it is close.Also, for your further listening. Things I can't stop listening to.Deerhoof - Apple 'OSleater Kinney - The Woods

i love that record.  you knew i would.
Yeah, I was actually pretty sure I was getting a positive respone from you, Avsfan, or Absolute.But I know plenty of people who have fantastic taste in music who've never heard the band... which makes me feel good because I look like a badass reccomending it. I hadn't spun it in about 3 months, and then I heard someone rocking out to "The City" in a gas station the other day, and decided it was time for a week-long Dismemberment Plan bender.It's awesome.
You knew I would be in this one...Emergency & I is one of the best rock albums of the last ten years, no argument.Check out the album "Change". I love the tracks 'The Other Side' and 'Time Bomb'.It's no Emergency & I, but I think it is close.Also, for your further listening. Things I can't stop listening to.Deerhoof - Apple 'OSleater Kinney - The Woods
That Sleater Kinney album killed me for about 2 weeks... People thought I was weird, because it was all I listened to. "What are you listening to, man? Put on Fiddy or Nelly." Shut up or I'll murder you.Yeah, I hated "Change" when it came out, but after about 3 days I loved it. I think "Superpowers" and "Time Bomb" are the only songs in my Dismemberment plan universe that can hold a candle to "What Do You Want Me to Say" or "The City". Man, this is awesome. I was sure this would languish here for months and nobody would hop in. Life is radical, dudes.
i love that record.  you knew i would.
Yeah, I was actually pretty sure I was getting a positive respone from you, Avsfan, or Absolute.But I know plenty of people who have fantastic taste in music who've never heard the band... which makes me feel good because I look like a badass reccomending it. I hadn't spun it in about 3 months, and then I heard someone rocking out to "The City" in a gas station the other day, and decided it was time for a week-long Dismemberment Plan bender.It's awesome.
LOL, I'll check it out.

Are you guys pumped for the Sigur Ros tour? I changed my avatar in honor of tickets going on sale this Saturday. If you haven't seen them, go!

so you are liking Clap Your Hands?
Yeah, I heard whisperings before they released their album, so I (gasp!) went to Best Buy the Tuesday it was released and picked up a copy. I haven't had as much time to listen to it as I'd like, but I really enjoy it so far. I think I saw Pitchfork kinda compare them to Neutral Milk Hotel in their review, and that's the best comparison I've been able to think of so far.
so you are liking Clap Your Hands?
Yeah, I heard whisperings before they released their album, so I (gasp!) went to Best Buy the Tuesday it was released and picked up a copy. I haven't had as much time to listen to it as I'd like, but I really enjoy it so far. I think I saw Pitchfork kinda compare them to Neutral Milk Hotel in their review, and that's the best comparison I've been able to think of so far.
Talking Heads is a much better comparison.And no song is better than 'The City'
I kinda felt like that at first, but there's this strange knee-jerk, quasi-compulsory "talking heads" comparison whenever a band has "that sound." You know, the synth phrasing, the badass drum fills and shit. The wailiing lyrics. The weirdness. I probably overcompensate my refusing to acknowledge ANY Talking Heads comparisons, even when they are acceptable (or in this case, perhaps optimal).And yes. During senior year, I played on a very good baseball team that ended up playing in a few big games in the midwest. We got to have a song play before every at bat. I was hitting in the seven hole.4- Nelly- Some Stupid Nelly Song (crowd goes wild)5- Jay-Z- Crappy Jay-Z song (not one of the good ones) (crowd goes wild)6- ODB- Baby I got Yo' Money (crowd, and Iceman, goes wild)7- Dismemberment Plan- The City (dead fucking silence)8- More crappy pop-rap (crowd goes wild)Without fail, someone alternative hipster younger sister would fall in love with me after every game... and I'm one ugly dude.
I kinda felt like that at first, but there's this strange knee-jerk, quasi-compulsory "talking heads" comparison whenever a band has "that sound." You know, the synth phrasing, the badass drum fills and shit. The wailiing lyrics. The weirdness. I probably overcompensate my refusing to acknowledge ANY Talking Heads comparisons, even when they are acceptable (or in this case, perhaps optimal).And yes. During senior year, I played on a very good baseball team that ended up playing in a few big games in the midwest. We got to have a song play before every at bat. I was hitting in the seven hole.4- Nelly- Some Stupid Nelly Song (crowd goes wild)5- Jay-Z- Crappy Jay-Z song (not one of the good ones) (crowd goes wild)6- ODB- Baby I got Yo' Money (crowd, and Iceman, goes wild)7- Dismemberment Plan- The City (dead censored silence)8- More crappy pop-rap (crowd goes wild)Without fail, someone alternative hipster younger sister would fall in love with me after every game... and I'm one ugly dude.
Baby I Got your Money is a classic.It was my ringtone for a long long time.Although my ringtone has been 'Monkey Gone to Heaven' for a while now.
dudes?  sigur ros?  no?
I'm ashamed to admit I've never seen them live. A friend or two of mine are addicts, and are trying to get me to smoke a pound of pot, do some shrooms, and go to a show soon.Worthwhile??
Although my ringtone has been 'Monkey Gone to Heaven' for a while now.
Oh man, that's a good one. I alternate between Electioneering, Working Man (because I fucking hate Rush), and the theme from Fraggle Rock. People recognize the theme from Fraggle Rock maybe once every six months and immediately become my best friend.
make sure to smoke a lot first.
Yeah, I figured. I'm the most maladjusted stoner on the planet, and become completely non-functional whenever I smoke, which is somehow between 4-7 times a week, even though I "quit smoking about a year ago."It's settled. I'm going to do as many drugs as my system will allow (read: I'm'a be tripping balls) and see Sigur Ros in concert. What's wrong with being young?

Avs, you should listen to Mayhem and White Skull at the same time.Absolute, you should call a brother back... ever. (Also you should start listening to Sleater Kinney about eight years ago)

ice and absolute, you guys never responded about intonation this weekend. you guys should come. absolute, aren't you from the midwest too?

ice and absolute, you guys never responded about intonation this weekend. you guys should come. absolute, aren't you from the midwest too?
I'm going.