daniel is chipleader with 6 left

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sigh..stupid puckheads, stupid hockey, stupid canadian broadcasters.....Its been on all FREAKING DAY, yet, we need 1290837129837 more hours of the stupid hockey strike talk.

5 left now John D agostino just got knocked out it was a big hand John was all in Ted Forrest had Aces and Daniel had A-Q three 6's and A and rag on board Forrest taked down 47000 pot.Everyone go to foxsports net .com and vote in the pole for Daniel the poll is to see who should play Howard Lederer heads up after this tournament is done.

sigh..stupid puckheads, stupid hockey, stupid canadian broadcasters.....Its been on all FREAKING DAY, yet, we need 1290837129837 more hours of the stupid hockey strike talk.
I love hockey, and am interested in the topic.... But seriously, they exhausted all that there is to say long ago. Get on with the poker!! :x
I love hockey, and am interested in the topic.... But seriously, they exhausted all that there is to say long ago. Get on with the poker!! :x
been posted elsewhere that Sportnet is going to join the poker in progress at 8pm. LEts hope so. :club:
Anyone taping it:  Would you mind getting me a copy?   Don't have FSN here either, unfortunately and I really wanted to see this.
If I had a blank tape I could and then probably hand it to you since you are just in Eau Claire. :club:
Anyone taping it:  Would you mind getting me a copy?   Don't have FSN here either, unfortunately and I really wanted to see this.
If I had a blank tape I could and then probably hand it to you since you are just in Eau Claire. :club:
Beloit right now (down on the WI/IL stateline). Eau Claire when the school year begins (Sept. 1)

Can anyone explain it me how Daniel check his six-full at the river at the hand where John went all in? It was great check of his part, as I think there was no way for him to put Ted on As ans got him beat. Any comment?This is the first time I watch a live poker tournment, and I think it's awesome! You can see how the texture of the game goes much more better and all those in between hands, I think they should do this more.

Can anyone explain it me how Daniel check his six-full at the river at the hand where John went all in? It was great check of his part, as I think there was no way for him to put Ted on As ans got him beat. Any comment?This is the first time I watch a live poker tournment, and I think it's awesome! You can see how the texture of the game goes much more better and all those in between hands, I think they should do this more.
Its one of those spots where if you bet, your only going to get called by a hand that ties, or BEATS yours, so it really doesnt have any value. Sure ted could have had KK and might call a SMALL value bet, but its just a lose / lose in that spot. I understand why ted checked as well. He was only getting called if daniel had the case ace, and would be put to the test if daniel raised him. Personally I would have made a small value bet there if I was ted... maybe about 10,000... because 9 out of 10 times he'd call with the ace, youd win that 90,000... and 1 out of 10 youd lose the pot to quads... and probably lose 30,000 ( figuring DN would value raise another 20,000 with quads ). But thats me... and maybe thats why Ted Forrest is a professional and im not.

Personally I would have made a small value bet there if I was ted... maybe about 10,000... because 9 out of 10 times he'd call with the ace, youd win that 90,000... and 1 out of 10 youd lose the pot to quads... and probably lose 30,000 ( figuring DN would value raise another 20,000 with quads ). But thats me... and maybe thats why Ted Forrest is a professional and im not.Quads aren't any less likely than the ace there.Do you see why?

DN had ted on either one ace in which case it's a split pot, or a 6 in which case he's beat. in that situation there's no point to making a small to mid-size callable bet, it's either huge bluff representing a 6 and risking ted having the 6, or checking - no point in anything in between. DN took the conservative route probably because he didn't have that much in the pot.

Personally I would have made a small value bet there if I was ted... maybe about 10,000... because 9 out of 10 times he'd call with the ace, youd win that 90,000... and 1 out of 10 youd lose the pot to quads... and probably lose 30,000 ( figuring DN would value raise another 20,000 with quads ). But thats me... and maybe thats why Ted Forrest is a professional and im not.Quads aren't any less likely than the ace there.Do you see why?
:oops: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :club:
St. Charles here  Suited you can stop by and check it out on the 120inch if you want
Tempting, but that's a heck of a drive for me, lol.
Yeah just driving anywhere in this town sucks
I'm in Geneva.I'll wave as I drive by :-)
GENEVA!FCPer right around the corner, how bout some heads up at St. Charlies?
I'll let you know of the next tourny...usually get 20-30
True that there are just as many 6's as A's left but...What hand does DN overcall before the flop that contains a 6? I really can't think of any.I was absolutly shocked :shock: Ted Forrest didn't move all in thinking DN would insta-call expecting half.(Does DN bet the river with quads? My initial answer is yes but then I think of a "unless...")-Travis
Yes I also don't understand why Ted didn't bet on the river, cause he should be pretty sure Daniel didn't have the last 6, because Daniel called John all in bet as well. The only hand Daniel could have called John all in and have Ted beat was A-6, I think. So I just don't see why Ted didn't bet there, I would certain take my chances there if I was Ted. But I'm certain not Ted, so I probably know nothing. Any comment guys/gals?
The only hand Daniel could have called John all in and have Ted beat was A-6
If somebody has the exact numbers I'd like to know. I thought that it was a pretty big overbet of the pot when J Dags went all in. After Ted calls you look down at A6. Is that really a calling situation?I don't think a six was even a possiblitly. Don't know why Ted did. Maybe he thought DN would see through the "all in hoping you expect to chop" play? Thus meaning the only hand that plays back is quads? edit* Blinds were 800-1600 w/ 200 ante.JDag's moves in for 12,900Ted callsDN calls-Travis