raymer owning the field once again....

I like Greg a lot, but, there's a LONG way to go yet.Two tangles with other large stacks could cripple him in no time.
agreed. its like the people sayin farha was on his way to gold after day 1. he's got 1.5 million out of 56 million chips in play. ways to go yet.
I like Greg a lot, but, there's a LONG way to go yet.Two tangles with other large stacks could cripple him in no time.
Copycat.Maybe you didn't read my Raymer farting thread that's been deleted, so I forgive you.

He has guys like Juanda, Ivey, and Matusow right behind him. I think he may have a tougher time this year. However if he does win, he should be put in the Hall Of Fame this year, because it will be the greatest accomplishment in poker history.

Is that good big stack poker or just plain lucky?Title: Raymer Cannot Be Stopped Log: Gen Wattanabe goes all-in for his last . Greg mentions that he knows he's behind, but decides to call. Wattanabe shows J-J with one spade. Raymer turns over 8-6 - no spades. The flop comes 7s-3s-2s. Raymer has no pair, and no solid draw, while Wattanabe still has an overpair and a flush draw. The turn is a non-spade 5, giving Raymer an open ended straight draw, but he's still behind. The river brings a non-spade 9. Raymer hits his runner-runner straight, busts Wattanabe, and is now sitting atop a stack of $1,600,000

Is that good big stack poker or just plain lucky?Title: Raymer Cannot Be Stopped  Log: Gen Wattanabe goes all-in for his last  .  Greg mentions that he knows he's behind, but decides to call.  Wattanabe shows J-J with one spade.  Raymer turns over 8-6 - no spades.  The flop comes 7s-3s-2s.  Raymer has no pair, and no solid draw, while Wattanabe still has an overpair and a flush draw.  The turn is a non-spade 5, giving Raymer an open ended straight draw, but he's still behind.  The river brings a non-spade 9.  Raymer hits his runner-runner straight, busts Wattanabe, and is now sitting atop a stack of $1,600,000
bad call, maybe just thought his cards were live and wanted to gamble. maybe the all-in was miniscule. maybe he raised on a steal and got re-raised just enough to price him in. over 5600 people, you gotta get lucky when you have the occasional brain cramp.

He may be getting lucky, but you have to be a good player to beat 2,000 players one year and go into day 4 with the chip lead the next. That's skill.