Not sure if anyone already mentioned this and there's obviously a long way to go, but I remember before the start of the Series Smash indicated that he thought Dutch Boyd would have a strong main event and got some flack. Well here we are and Boyd is still hanging tough. Long way to go like I said, but props to Smash on the call.

Knowing Smash you think it was a good guess? Anyone else you know who was making the same guess? I heard every other name possible before Dutch Boyd including, but not limited to Moneymaker.

It is a pretty solid prediction considering that even on Dutch's site he didn't know if he would have an entry to the event (weird). I don't even like him (don't really hate him either) but it be cool to see him make the final table and have to pay all of his PokerSpot customers back...not if he won the 7.5mil, but if he won enough to pay everyone back and have like 100k left, would he do it?I'd give him mad props then, and to smash too.

i also liked dutch boyd for the event. i made a bet with a buddy on day one to pick one guy to last longest. he won the coin toss and picked ivey. i picked dutch boyd. my buddy laughed. this was before the wsop started. i did get a little worried though when i read dutch's blog and he said it was a good chance he wouldnt play. i tried to get out of the bet then and my buddy said no way. i really like ivey but i like dutch as well and would like to see my buddy eat his words

I think he has a good shot to make the final table as long as he plays smart unlike how he did last year in heads up razz with TJ.

Knowing Smash you think it was a good guess? Anyone else you know who was making the same guess? I heard every other name possible before Dutch Boyd including, but not limited to Moneymaker.
Well, Smash does always say that the results of a single tournament are mostly luck.So guessing one player who does well and then getting it right would, in fact, be very lucky.