side games at wsop...any news?

I'm at the Rio now. Played some 1-2 NL yesterday that was a pretty typical game - not too easy, not too hard. No one cares about 1-2 though.The biggest game at the Rio yesterday was 400/800 2-7 Triple Draw. While this is a big game, it's not monsterous by comparison. I think most of the biggest games take place at the Bellagio.

Side Games News Alert: Some players are winning and some are losing. Even first hand accounts will not tell you much about who is winning and who is losing in the cash games, that is unless the witness is sitting there for mutiple hours every day (and if anyone is doing that, please get a life). Watching 20 hands on one day will not be a good enough barometer to know how players are doing.

My personal experience is that the side games are more important to the cash players than their chances of winning the main event. This is their primary source of income. I have witnessed some of these games and you would be surprised at the amount of chatter and inside info you can overhear. On and off the felt. You can believe these people don't judge how well they ran just by where they finish in the main event. The side games are more interesting. IMO.

Just like I said in one of the other threads, I had heard that Gus won a boat load of cash the other night. Well over a million.By the way the cash games are really great. Each table has at least a few tourists, who after standing on the rail for the main event, decide that it is there time to take a shot.