i was watching the rerun of the 2004 wsop ME, and i think that JA made the best laydown ever shown on televised poker tourneys. his lay down of the K high flush against murphys boat was ridiculous...havent seen a better laydown than that on tv. i doubt many players get away from that hand in that spot, that late in the tourney.

Guest XXEddie
It was a good laydown but lets not go overboard. Murphy misplayed the hand pretty badly, he overbet the pot by a large amount. He should have bet around 500k or checked it to JA.
yeah, i think he read the hand correct, but mis-played it badly

You guys would have shat your pants and reluctantly called in a similar senario. He made a great laydown, to be able to trust his read in that pressure packed situation.Lets not dub it down because you think he can be a prick.

It was a very good laydown but not the best laydown by any means... Murph overbet the pot and Josh wasn't going to be crippled over that hand with that many people left. It mad perfect sense for him to lay it down imo. I think I would've done the same as well and also many other pros.Murph went allin on the river when the flush hit when it was fairly obvious that JA was drawing to a flush. To go allin at that point with no fear would have to mean he had a boat or the nutflush.

that was a good fold, but it adds up if u really think about it, the river paired the board and Murph made a huge overbet and it was quite obvious JA was chasing the flush, but anyways....the best laydown I seen was David Chiu (sp?) laying down KK b4 the flop by some1 holding AA (it takes heart to lay that hand down b4 the flop by putting your opponent ONLY on Aces)...to me, that was just nuts, I dont think I've ever folded Kings b4 the flop (maybe 2-3 times I shoulda, but what the hell) :club:

i was watching the rerun of the 2004 wsop ME, and i think that JA made the best laydown ever shown on televised poker tourneys. his lay down of the K high flush against murphys boat was ridiculous...havent seen a better laydown than that on tv. i doubt many players get away from that hand in that spot, that late in the tourney.
he says, too, "i cant believe im going to fold this hand," doesnt he?you're right. it's a great laydown.
Guest XXEddie
Didn't Hellmuth also lay down KK pre-flop? He also laid down AK on a flop of AA4 when his opponent had an A4.
I think the KK hand was post-flop...I might be wrong, but i remember the flop was three under...and his opponent had QQ or TT
It was a very good laydown but not the best laydown by any means... Murph overbet the pot and Josh wasn't going to be crippled over that hand with that many people left.  It mad perfect sense for him to lay it down imo. I think I would've done the same as well and also many other pros.Murph went allin on the river when the flush hit when it was fairly obvious that JA was drawing to a flush. To go allin at that point with no fear would have to mean he had a boat or the nutflush.
Yup, Murph bet big into an obvious possible flush draw. Good laydown, but nothing spectacular.I've seen, by a good player, a laydown rivered quads vs a rivered straight flush.That was the best laydown I've personally seen, given the circumstances and knowing the player.I would never lay down quads, unless the board was 4 to the straight flush with my quads paired, this wasn't such.

I think Phil Hellmuth knows more then anybody when he is beat. Folded k/k last year pre-flop. Folded 10/10 at a final table pre-flop to A/K. Supposedly he folded trip aces on the flop after he thought the other guy has a full house. Folds I probably couldn't make yet.

Josh Arieh also made a good laydown earlier in the day.. Not sure what happened preflop but i'm assuming player A raises AA preflop, flop comes 9 T Q .. there is some bets, josh calls with 9t. turn is a 3.. River is an ace, rainbow board and guy bets on river and Josh lays it down.. Not sure on exact details but laying down 2 pair was pretty good there.

Guest XXEddie
Josh Arieh also made a good laydown earlier in the day.. Not sure what happened preflop but i'm assuming player A raises AA preflop, flop comes 9 T Q .. there is some bets, josh calls with 9t. turn is a 3.. River is an ace, rainbow board and guy bets on river and Josh lays it down.. Not sure on exact details but laying down 2 pair was pretty good there.
it was against Marcel LuskeESPN only showed the river in which JA flopped 2 pair but the river was an A, marcel bet, JA folded
I think Phil Hellmuth knows more then anybody when he is beat. Folded k/k last year pre-flop. Folded 10/10 at a final table pre-flop to A/K. Supposedly he folded trip aces on the flop after he thought the other guy has a full house. Folds I probably couldn't make yet.
This fold was possibly the best one I have seen televised. He was completely positive the guy had AA. The best part was him giving the guy a speech about how he only folded KK (i think he specified preflop) 3 times in his life. I think DN and Luske also have some pretty good ones. Kinda odd that it's the guys that tell you what they are thinking through the decision that have some of the more notable folds, or possibly that they are the only ones interesting enough to televise. I guess it's kinda futile to try to look into further since the guys that don't really talk about the hands won't really give a lot of insight about this. Pretty interesting stuff i guess, i personally think that thinking out loud is just another way to get more information to make the correct move in those spots.

Can't remember the tourney but it was on ESPN the other night (maybe a Euro event). Anyway chip leader has KK and raises it up from UTG+1. Everyone folded except the SB who had QQ. He reraises. Leader calls reraise and the flop comes Q,x,x. SB comes out betting half the pot, chip leader thinks and then throws away his kings :shock: Now that was a hell of a laydown

well, the exact truth finally comes out Hellmuth's hand this year and of course cardplayer got it wrong again. Hellmuth held AK and after some pre-flop raises and calls, the flop comes A44 (Not AA4). Again there are a few raises and calls by Hellmuth and his 1 opponent. Turn comes a Q and Hellmuth mucks after his opponent raises again.