paging smash...i need your opinion...

How can you not have 5-stud at the top of this list?
SS says it has the best pot odds. But the read are soo easy i think that takes away from the +ev. i left it off altogether because of that. (note: ss says the next best game is NL)
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and a friend of mine have gotten in a discussion about what games have the most skill involved...I trust YOU to settle our discussion and a small wager...These are the games you have to choose from:Limit HoldemNL Holdem7 Stud high7 Stud 8/0PLO OmahaOmaha 8/o2-7 KC Lowball2-7 Triple DrawRazz5 Card StudHave at it, if you can...rank them in order...If Anybody else wants to chime in...go ahead...But I will be using Smash's opinion....
for a douche, you pose an interesting question. here's my stab...KC LowballPLO7Stud2-7 tripledraw7 8/bLHEo8/brazzNLHE5 studKC Lowball requires more feel than any game i've played, and it's considered in my group to be the most skillful.
PLO has got to be way at the bottom of the list. Any game where you almost always have to have the nuts to win does not require any skill.~sublime

I just noticed in PLO, especially heads up, you have to put your opponent on an exact hand as to just knowing whether they're weak or strong. If my buddy and I want to beat each other we have to know exactly what the other guy's thinking and his exact cards. I think that takes the most skill, but honestly I don't know enough about the other games yet to decide.I think games with less information means for more skill because you have to decipher more... and be right.

I think games with less information means for more skill because you have to decipher more... and be right.If that were the case, cutting cards and then betting would take the most skill.

I just noticed in PLO, especially heads up, you have to put your opponent on an exact hand as to just knowing whether they're weak or strong. If my buddy and I want to beat each other we have to know exactly what the other guy's thinking and his exact cards. I think that takes the most skill, but honestly I don't know enough about the other games yet to decide.I think games with less information means for more skill because you have to decipher more... and be right.
I believe the opposite - games with more information require more skill, because it comes down to reads...yes, you have 80% of the information in 5cs, but so does your opponent.My next factor is betting - I find any NL game requires more skill than the Limit equivalent, because the read is more important.
I think games with less information means for more skill because you have to decipher more... and be right.If that were the case, cutting cards and then betting would take the most skill.
If cutting cards was a game then you'd be right. :club:

High card wins is definitley the most skillful. Each player is dealt one card and a round of betting ensues, played like no limit. Each player must ante if heads up or blinds if a full ring game is being played. And suits are used to break ties so the the Ace of spades is the dead cannot lose lock nuts. Wouldn't suggest playing it more than 4 handed otherwise some jackass will just sit there and only play aces or kings. Funnest game in the world, me and my friends play with 1-2 dollar blinds usually for a 50-100 dollar buy in(you gotta keep it a little interesting)

My list:Toss AcrossConnect FourSorry!CandylandTroublecheckersBalderdashAlf, you playing this Tuesday or next? I was thinking about going. I played the Saturday $200 freezeout. Tuesday $150 seems like a good tourney. Right price.

Skills from most to least.1. 7 card stud 8- Just like 7 card stud only add the high factor and you have one tough game.2. 7 card stud- Tough, because you have to memorize all the cards out there which takes alot of mental skill. You can let your brain shut down in Texas and Omaha, but not here.3. KC Lowball- Tough, especially in no limit4. Razz- not as hard as stud, because you can look at your opponents cards and bluff them out easily if they catch a high card5. PLO- bet the pot but could lose chips fast, because hands are only like 2-1 dogs tops, could take many beats in one period6. NLHE- not as tuff as plhe, but can lose chips fast7. 2-7 TD- Knowing when to draw can be tough8. O/8- A little more skill then hold'em, factor in 4 cards and the hi/lo9. Limit HE- It's limit and hold'em is a simple learning game10. 5 card stud- there is a reason why it is never played, you just don't know 1 card, too easy to know if you are beating them

My list:Toss AcrossConnect FourSorry!CandylandTroublecheckersBalderdashAlf, you playing this Tuesday or next? I was thinking about going. I played the Saturday $200 freezeout. Tuesday $150 seems like a good tourney. Right price.
Next Tuesday dawg....and I am winning....nothing like a freeroll!!!!!There is an ugly rumor that they changed the structure once again...for the $150 tourney.....It used to be that you played poker until you got to 4 handed and then...it became an allin fest....The rumor is that they now start the final table 7 handed and it is an allin fest from there on.....Doesn't matter though....you make the final table...you got 1k, and that is fine by me.... :wink:

1st in viggorish baby. M under 5, gotta go first. I played Saturday but I need to get used to the slower blind structure. I usually only play SNG's there and with small stacks to start and 15 minute levels. I pushed one hand too much...bye bye. I don't know how they work the final table, but I'm eventually gonna find out. I've only played 2 "real" MTT's and I'm learnin'. GL