all posts are subject to my approval

I actually can't believe that it's taken this long for this forum to turn a little nasty. Well, that's going to have to stop guys, I just won't stand for it. Initially I was comfortable with people posting whatever they wish because people were treating each other with repect. Recently I've seen things take a turn for the worse. So, from now on if I don't like what you have to say and personally don't deem it to be a positive addition to the forum... it's gone. I don't care what subjects we cover in this forum whether it be politics, poker, religion or what have you, but I absolutely demand that everyone here posts in a respectful manner. The moderators will alert me if they find distateful posts and I'll have them deleted if I also feel like they cross a line. On that note, let's keep this place fun by being respectful to each other.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess I'll make my first post here.....I'm part of multiple forums for various things (mainly online video games) most of which the forums turn into huge flamewars, with everyone trying to out do each other, let's not make this forum one of those places, let's all be one happy family!<3 EVERYONE

I agree that the forum is getting too many disrepectful posts. Similar to what Daniel said, anything posted on here should be something positive for the forum readers. That's why I come here at least, to learn how to become a better poker player, and to keep updated on Daniel and the rest of the poker world.

i honestly can't believe how long it took for some of those old rgp posts to arise. i guess it goes to show you how many people on this forum have absolutely no idea what went on in the poker world before 2003. hopefully this forum won't turn out to be the new rgp because the poker newbies on this forum are the ones who ruined rgp in the first place.

Woho, my hair is safe.
LOL :D I'm new here, but have seen a few zingers! This forum, Daniel & PM seem to be a class act, no need to bring it down. I agree, "Respect" is the key here.my 2 pesos

Excellent!We as the community should also self-police (and not feed any trolls) - politely let people know that we need to respect people and not treat this place as a personal flame dump. We are not just unknown people on the internet, but all players and fans of poker and Daniel. Eventually the community personality will emerge and I'm glad that Daniel has clearly expressed his wishes.

i'm a newbie here, but it sounds like you guys had some problems. It only takes one bad seed to ruin it for everyone. I agree with you all I hope these maniacs don't ruin it for everyone, I'm sure the group moderators and admin can ban certain people too though and sometimes that has to be done. Well, Great site I'll be back for more.

I actually can't believe that it's taken this long for this forum to turn a little nasty. Well, that's going to have to stop guys, I just won't stand for it. Initially I was comfortable with people posting whatever they wish because people were treating each other with repect. Recently I've seen things take a turn for the worse. So, from now on if I don't like what you have to say and personally don't deem it to be a positive addition to the forum... it's gone. I don't care what subjects we cover in this forum whether it be politics, poker, religion or what have you, but I absolutely demand that everyone here posts in a respectful manner. The moderators will alert me if they find distateful posts and I'll have them deleted if I also feel like they cross a line. On that note, let's keep this place fun by being respectful to each other.
Definitely nice to hear.

:-) This is my first post, and I'm glad to see Daniel has taken steps to eliminate any posts which violate the 'rules'. I've noticed some dreadful remarks and comments on other websites, which do not seem to be moderated.There is far too much hate in this world already, and although 'freedom of speech' should be the norm, there is no need to be nasty, racist, bigoted, rude etc. I will try and look on the bright side of things whenever I post, although there is a more serious side of me if need be (maybe due to me being a Gemini).

Awesome, thanks Mr. Negreanu.No thanks, jogs. No thanks at all. A lot of us were learning from Smash, and he was adding valuable information to the forums. He's frank at times, but provided the most useful information of anyone here, in my opinion. He also was the top poster I believe. I am very disappointed.

ok well i for one disagree jogx yes he has very strong stated opinions BUT he never takes it to another level that is out of line he may sarcasticly say he thinks your wrong....well he says he's no longer posting on here and well that makes me mad...i valued his opinion on poker (as im sure many people did) and think alot of the stuff he talks about is very informative... im not going to start a vendetta on you but... maybe you should be able to take criticism mabye it was PC but it wasn't way way outta line either for anyone...

Everything smash said was for the better. He was helping everyone improve their game. It's not like he was making fun of anyone...only trying to help. And some people don't listen *cough* so you have to be blunt with them.Learn to take criticism, if you don't you will never get better. And learn to get a sinse of humor for crying out loud. And don't go tattle tell everytime something doesn't go your way. I'de say I was dissapointed, but dissapointed isn't the word.I can't believe you posted that....

I agree with the sentiments about Smasharoo. I've always gone to post something, but realized he had already said it and there was nothing more to say. He is direct, but that is why I feel he is neccessary to this forum. His advice is solid, and no nonsense. There is probably no other poster on here that the average player who wants to improve his game can learn from. His recent postings on his low-limit play were very insightful and great learning tool. Not to mention he has a sense of humor. I hope we haven't heard the last of Smasharoo.