told you about daniel from the beginning

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I hope u guys are starting to see that he is over-rated. This whole tournament has shown that. good player that had one hell of a ride during the bigggest year in poker history. Now it's over. COngrats though :!:

I hope u guys are starting to see that he is over-rated.  This whole tournament has shown that.  good player that had one hell of a ride during the bigggest year in poker history.  Now it's over.  COngrats though :!:
131 posts, and they all say the exact same thing.....like a broken record
tournament poker is for donkeys.
Some notable donkeys: Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan, T.J. Cloutier, Dan Harrington...

Doyle Brunson and Johnny Chan make their money from cash games.Dan Harrington is wealthy from ventures outside of poker.It use to be incredibly difficult to make a living playing tournaments. But with the popularity of poker one win and you are a millionaire. Not to mention endorsements and what not...

Stop feeding the animals or you will be asked to leave the premises.
DITTO.... Ignore the children guys, they will go to www.philhellmuth.com, I promise. I know its tough not to blaze the idiots but if we ignore the thread they go AWAY!
I hope u guys are starting to see that he is over-rated.  This whole tournament has shown that.  good player that had one hell of a ride during the bigggest year in poker history.  Now it's over.  COngrats though :!:
right on time....you can set your watch to this guy...
Doyle Brunson and Johnny Chan make their money from cash games.Dan Harrington is wealthy from ventures outside of poker.
Wasn't my point. All those men I mentioned have done extremely well in tournaments. To say "tournament poker is for donkeys" says nothing about how players make money, just that those who play - and win - tourneys are bad players. Such a statement is ludicrous at best.

If you were a professional poker player would you want people talking shit about you? Some people have all the skill in the world but cant get hit in the head with the deck all the time. So in conclusion:stfu6.jpg

Its true dn didnt have the best wsop this year but so what? several thousand people are there of which about 20 people win bracelets...odds arent exactly great. I do hope that dn will look at this series as a wake up though and start putting the time back into poker...when hes on his game his can beat just about anybody

I do hope that dn will look at this series as a wake up though and start putting the time back into poker...when hes on his game his can beat just about anybodyYeah, I guess he just didn't try hard enough this year.Stop being such suckers.Tournaments are for suckers and they're mostly about *luck* in the short term.LUCK.Stu Ungar. LUCKY. Not a genius. LUCKY.He was a genius at Gin Rummy though.

i didnt mean specifically tournaments...i hope he finds time to play more often in general...anybody knows with 1000 in every tourney its a crapshoot...id just like to see him playing more in general...he defiantly is a force when hes on his game

Guest Anonymous

SMASH<<<<<< Overweight, bald, middle aged, fat guy who plays .25/.50 poker and thinks he is one of the best poker players in the country.

Trollology 101"Trolls are our friends."Does this statement shock you? Can you not imagine the possibility of enjoying these visits by the vile? Well I'm here to tell you that you can!!! Listen closely as I, , world renowned trollologist and defender of the Poker Faith, explain to you how to make your troll experiences tolerable, relaxing, and at times, downright enjoyable!!! Step 1. Know yourself.When you see a little squirrel in the road, do you break or speed up?When you see a little squirrel in the road twitching because it just got hit by the car in front of you, do you swerve to avoid it or move in for the kill?When you see a little mound of guts and fur on the road, do you say "eewwww" or do you think "serves ya right ya freakin' tree rat"?Nice people are nice people. Smack is just fun to them. There will come a point during a smackfest that nice people realize they don't want to play anymore...it's just getting too bloody. Don't try to be something you're not. Evil is as evil does. Leave the hardcore trolls to the pros... Step 2. You must acknowledge the five levels of trolldom. Not every troll is alike. There are varying degrees of trolldom which must be acknowledged prior to initiating a management plan for the troll. For instance, there are newbie trolls (NT), with limited to no knowledge of pokerl, who come and go before they ever break into double digits on their post counts. There are playa-hata trolls (PHT) with some poker knowledge, yet they only exist to bash a specific player. There are philthy trolls (PT), professing to be fans of supposedly successful players yet still envious of any successes experienced by another player. There are triumphant trolls (TT), suffering from insane bouts of granduer due to the self described successes of their players (also known as the bandwagon troll (BT) ). A fan of a recently successful team (recently being the key difference between them and a philthy troll), the bandwagon troll lives to tell others how bad their teams suck and how great it'splayers are (My personal favorite...I love hearing the air leave these trolls as I ABUse them with the facts). Last but certainly not least, there is the PokerFan troll (PFT). This troll is unique in that they are knowledgable about the game and most likely, your team. Rarely is the PFT unprepared to do battle and rarely do they appear for a short time period. This troll is confident and controlled, informed and often ingenious. Not a troll to be messed with by just anyone.CAUTION: A PFT is not to be taken lightly. A PFT will sometimes bring with him a impressive smack library as well as supporting facts for his argument. Novices should not attempt to school PFT's as your plan may backfire, leaving you empty and scarred (kind of like Veteran's Stadium until they blew it up). Please leave the PFT's of the world to the professionals. For local information on the troll levels in your area, please contact a veteran poster. Step 3. You must identify the troll.Did you know that when birds are fed Alka Seltzer, they will "explode"? The Alka Seltzer creates gases that the bird's digestive and excrement systems cannot handle and POOF!!! All of a sudden, they have their little birdie intestines hanging out of their arses as they spin out of control towards the earth below. THIS IS THE DESIRED RESULT OF TROLL MANAGEMENT!!!Find out what the troll is all about. Know your troll. This cannot be done by ignoring the troll. You must communicate with it in order to detect it's weaknesses.Throw out a little bait. See what the troll comes back with. Throw out a little more...By communicating with the troll, you learn what appeals to it as well as what it finds distasteful. Throw out as much as you like but remember, the troll may fill up on the bait and swim away rather happily...feeling well fed and wanting to return for more at a later time. This is not successful troll management. Don't just feed them...feed them until they explode! Feed them until they are too full to move and then stomp their heads until the twitching stops. Step 4. Attack the weaknessOnce you have discovered what team the troll roots for, the sex of the troll***, it's age, or anything else for that matter, strike hard and strike often. Be relentless. Void of sympathy for the internet invader. Would you ask someone that crashed your tailgate party to leave nicely or would you hammer them until they sought shelter in a portajohn? Exactly... treat them as if they just walked into a party of you and 49 friends, took the last beer, and spit on the grill !!! Be fierce, be confident, be obscene if necessary but most importantly, be aggressive. ***This is actually insignificant...a troll is a troll. It's just fun to add interesting yet disgusting twists based on their supposed sexualityExamples of acceptable and unacceptable responses below.Unacceptable: "Mod!!! Can we get this guy banned?"Acceptable: "You're gonna need a wedding stitch by the time you decide to run like hell...so you might as well stay awhile." Unacceptable: "Why are you here? Go to your own board!"Acceptable: "Looks like the men4men boards on Yahoo are down again."Unacceptable: "You are going on ignore!"Acceptable: "I've never ignored any other puss filled blisters on the ars of humanity...I don't think I'll start with you."Unacceptable: "Oh no. Not another troll."Acceptable: "Sha-weeeeet!!! Another chew toy!"Unacceptable: "You are a jerk."Acceptable: "I was going to say you are a jerk but I think "you are the puddle in the middle of a circle jerk" is probably more accurate."Attack. Then attack some more. Then attack some more. Punch. Kick. Punch. Then punch them in the back of the head as they run away. Just to let them know you're watching them...Step 5. Be considerate of the trolls' need for attentionI'm sure this statement elicited some gasps but...I suggest that you don't attack any little thing (i.e., spelling errors, grammatical errors, dum a s s signatures...) right off the bat. Show the troll that they have your attention and you have actually put effort into taking them to school. Use their replies to filter out info, make some assumptions, and hammer them hard. Personalize the abuse. Let them know that right here, right now, you own them...That you could get 2 packs of smokes and some jailhouse wine for them...That you have a receipt for them from BlockBuster Scro.tum Rental in your pocket...That regardless of what they say and how annoying it is, you are going to come back at them twice as hard. Give the troll your undivided attention. You'll find joy in your focus.

I didn't read that post but I definitly like the avatar :club: Oh watch the old movie with Val Kilmer called Willow, it has alot of Trolls.

the first win mayhave been luck,...but luck do not explain 2 & 3....i expected a smarter response from you.Do you see how you just made a fool of yourslef?Wining two tournaments demonstrates an enormus amount of luck. More than a novice winning one.Do you see why?The structure dictates that luck is more important than skill in the short term, not me. The best player rarely wins a given tournament.The best player winning two in a row is nearly impossible.

smash i kinda agree and kinda disagree. now in tournaments yes most of it is luck. but when the world series was mostly pros back in the 70's, when doyle won back to back ME, that was a case of one of the best poker players in the world winning back to back. not saying that this did not take some luck but it stands to refute the best player not winning tournaments comment.