paul phillips is juiced!!!

I could have titled this "the use of performance enhancing drugs in poker" but I thought this title might get more notice. Anyway Paul Phillips wrote an article "How I Blew $350,000. Plus: My Chemical Weapon, Modafinil" where he talks about using this ADHD drug to increase his skill at the poker table. Do you guys think this is cool? Do you think there are any meth-heads cranking it up for the Big Event?Here is the linkhttp://www.slate.com/id/2122188/entry/2122189/

I think there are coke heads,meth boys, drunks etc at every tourney.I don't think what he's doing is abuse or anything wrong....I mean wasn't DN talking about some new vitamin or something that is supposed to really help with foucs? I know I was pretty interested in it.

I could have titled this "the use of performance enhancing drugs in poker" but I thought this title might get more notice.  Anyway Paul Phillips wrote an article "How I Blew $350,000. Plus: My Chemical Weapon, Modafinil" where he talks about using this ADHD drug to increase his skill at the poker table.  Do you guys think this is cool?  Do you think there are any meth-heads cranking it up for the Big Event?Here is the linkhttp://www.slate.com/id/2122188/entry/2122189/
Did you actually read the article ??? He was diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed the medication. He did not take it to help his playing ability. He takes it to treat the condition. His better play is a by product of not suffering from the effects of ADHD.Don't spread rumors ... It only causes problems ...
If you told me taking a pill would significantly increase my odds of taking down the ME, I would probably give it a shot.
I wouldn't go that far. If it was something that was legal and supposed to not be harmful at all then I'd really consider it.

My brother takes that. It does not "increase your focus", it just gets you back on a level playing field if you have ADHD. He has it real bad and his grades in college went up big time after he started using it reguarly.

He's talking about prescribed drug - given under the supervision of a doctor. That doesn't make it 100% safe but some doctors act like drug dealers.I like how he called Modafinil (provigil) a "chemical weapon" - it's appropriate for going to war.

I read that the magnesium in chocolate helps your brain function.Often when I play online, I'll eat a bar of 86% cocoa chocolate (the really dark stuff). Sure it may only help a little, but any excuse to eat chocolate is a good one.

This drug he's talking about is awesome, It's the best on the market by far and the reason I say that is it's not NEARLY as habit forming as aderrol, Ephedrine Products or any other stimulant out there.I know that it's possible to get from your doctor and I am going to try too but I don't think I'll get it... You need to be close to the doctor to get this one w/out already having a slew of medications :club:

Do you think there are any meth-heads cranking it up for the Big Event?
Without question. I would guess at least 10% of the field.
I wouldn't say 10% this year... Too many internet players and stuff but yeah theres certainly some people doing drugs for this... its 6600 people, and its Las Vegas... You take your guesses :club:
Of course I read the article 8) The point was is it allright to take performance enhancing drugs to excel at poker? Lets say you don't have ADHD and took it... is that ok? What if you have ADHD and it not only helps you up to the point of "normal" ... whatever that is...but increases your abilities beyond normal? By the way if anyone believes what they read on this board they are in big trouble with reality.. . I just chose that title to get responses. I like Paul! :club:
Fair enough ...I am sure there are plenty of people pumping any number of legal/illegal drugs into the system to deal with the strains of the ME.I just felt it needed to be clear that in Paul's case, it would seem, it is a legit med for a condition diagnosed previously.
This drug he's talking about is awesome, It's the best on the market by far and the reason I say that is it's not NEARLY as habit forming as aderrol, Ephedrine Products or any other stimulant out there.I know that it's possible to get from your doctor and I am going to try too but I don't think I'll get it... You need to be close to the doctor to get this one w/out already having a slew of medications :club:
Yes, but we have to ask.....What would Tom Cruise think??? LOL

Adderall is a huge drug on the college scene.not sure how many here are in college, or were recently. I dropped out last year, but in my first two years, adderall abuse was a big and popular thing.It keeps you up late so you can study longer, and helps you get in a "zone".I have used it to help me stay up late at night, and into the morning to take finals. Not proud of it, but college campuses are a huge place of abusing those kind of drugs. I had a buddy with a prescription who would sell em' for like $5 a pop.Just some thoughts...- Jordan

I am familiar with Aderall and would say that it is indeed widely used on college campuses. This use goes from studying to increasing the amount of social time available on late nights during the weekend. I can say that Aderall does make someone who is very fatigued at least percieve that they are more aware. I do not know if this would help upgrade a players abilities in a poker tourney, but I think it may be able to aide in the stamina part of it. A key fact may also be that someone on Aderall, or a similar drug, could run into the all powerful drug problem- which leads to them believing that the drug is letting them see "tells" they never saw before. I call this anxiety, but I know some players who believe it aides their game. [/b]